Blue Bombers vs. Gappers Week 2 GDT

Geebrr

10 hours ago, Bombertown said:

His second was punched out so I wouldn’t call that a gimme pick but I would call it a good PBU. 
Really thought Darby could have had that one in the end zone. 

Didn’t have to request the channel at BWW in grand forks, it was ready to go.

I find most DB’s struggle with catching fastballs coming right at their mid section. Not an art they have mastered. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

It's our good fortune but I can't believe that not one NFL team would take a flyer on Schoen

I know you’re not saying this but nothing wrong with carving out a great career in the CFL then having your last name put up in the rafters (fingers crossed).

1 hour ago, Booch said:
1 hour ago, Booch said:

Our gain for sure

But age...2 attempts already...walk on...in drafted...and our food fortune that he excelled in the waggle were all against him...he's ours now till we won't want him

Yeah... I agree they certainly aren't on the take...but maybe some bias in the ranks? Moreso tho likely just an example of the crappy refs in the league...I know this time and age it's being harder and harder to get good officials...mainly at amateur ranks...but C'mon...that was truly a sad display...with such a weak call on the Bryant hands to face..where he basically just overpowered his guy cause that's what he does...to WJ cleanly beating his guy and having his ripped off..and he gets penalized...how does the CC not step in there? And how does a ref miss that...does he think WJ pulled it off himself to gain some kind of advantage??..like really?

Kudos to WJ for not sqwuaking about it on field and flailing around looking for a penalty but instead just taking care of business

Oh I’m sure you’re right, they’re just awful in general, but maaan. Some of those calls, or missed ones were downright idiotic. 
Skimming through the replay and I still can’t believe the collective incompetence of these guys. 

Agree, good on the team and the coaching staff for not bitching about it on the field 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I don't tend to believe in point shaving or straight up crooked refs... I think they're just ******* terrible at their jobs. It's the simpler explanation. 

Yeah - on that return they just saw a Rider go flying face first and threw a flag. 

I can’t remember ever using a challenge on an illegal block before. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Great point. The bombers didn’t act out even a little despite the horrid reffing. Many teams would’ve lost it and gotten further penalties. 

Yup...huge key in our success....and even on a big play hardly mug for the camera like some teams

Another key on that punt return...watch the smarts by Houston right at point Grant gets control of the ball...to make sure he did nothing to cause a penalty...that's a well.coached team...and evidence of guys playing for each other

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

Oliviera on the sidelines looks to be moving well.

Looked to me like he was talking to a teammate on the sidelines and discussing his chest. Seemed to be in some pain. 

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

A bit ugly, but a win is a win. Back to school for the defensive backs, though.

22 was being taken out to the wood-shed repeatedly. That's gotta get fixed.

Did Lanier even play the full game on that vaunted Dline...didnt hear or see.much from him all game...and Micha Johnson looks like he has let himself go...was sucking wind all game and pretty useless other than something directly in front of him...looks like he trying to become a flabby slob looking guy like that Putz Dabire

Sure must be hard to be vaunted against someone not named Cornelius....or against an average online

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Did Lanier even play the full game on that vaunted Dline...didnt hear or see.much from him all game...and Micha Johnson looks like he has let himself go...was sucking wind all game and pretty useless other than something directly in front of him...looks like he trying to become a flabby slob looking guy like that Putz Dabire

Sure must be hard to be vaunted against someone not named Cornelius....or against an average online

Kolankowski of all people completely pancakes Johnson at one point. Hilarious.

14 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Lmfao this broadcast

”How about the addition of Trevor Harris, so they could still lose!  They lost by 18 and surrendered 45 overall but wow! Good for them!”

clowns!

"Better" does not necessarily mean "good". 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Kolankowski of all people completely pancakes Johnson at one point. Hilarious.

Full credit to Kolankowski. He had a hard apprenticeship last year with some iffy game performances, but this year in the two games so far, he has been solid. May never be an all-star but good to have him on the roster.