Blue Bombers vs. Gappers Week 2 GDT

Geebrr

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Salima would be the perfect replacement..good hands out of backfield...can grind tough yards..and is faster and more explosive than either of the Canadians

If that means you start bolo and have to sit Agudosi..then so be it..Bolo body type can..and has played in that exact role

Wasn't Salima a late cut? Not even sure he was placed on the p.r.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Bailey getting **** on for being arguably the best blocking receiver in the league.

Who is shitting on Bailey? I think everyone for the most part is glad that he is on the team?   The argument that one person had was Agudossi was a disappointed while  Bailey was a bright spot despite having virtually no argument to back up that opinion.   

Neither in my opinion are "dogging it" like when I said Acklin was playing lazy on another thread.   Acklin is visibly giving up on plays while at least Bailey and Agudossi are making attempts.  

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

On one hand I could see why they take soo long in making decisions, but at the same time they never call none challenged penalties. You never see an automatic reviewed score thrown out because of holding. You never see a pi challenge turned into holding or vice versa. 

Holding is not reviewable.

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

You underestimate Augustine. Every time he's been given a chance, he's been excellent.

Augustine has a 5.2 yard average this season and has always had a 5 - 7 yard per carry average in his previous seasons.   People are looking for reasons to complain. 

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Augustine’s stats are basically meaningless.  He started two games 4 years ago with Streveler starting when they were running heavy RPO.  Most of his carries aside from that are in garbage time.  Past 2+ seasons almost entirely reps after beat down like in the Sask game last Friday.

150 carries for 868 yards is meaningless?     

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

150 carries for 868 yards is meaningless?     

When it’s spread from 2018-2023, yeah it is. Not to mention with 2 starts and none in 3+ years, never had 20 Carries in a game hasn’t scored a td this decade it’s even more so. 
 Wilder did that with Edmonton in two partial seasons. Similar to what Kienan lafrance had done after we let him go in free agency. Litre has rushed for 600 ish yards on 8+ ypc . Erlington has put up almost 1200 on 6.1 with 6 tds in comparable time. Bennett is in a similar boat too. 
when your career high for rushing yards in a season is under 300 you haven’t done any thing as a rb. Collaros has a better single season rushing line lol. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

When it’s spread from 2018-2023, yeah it is. Not to mention with 2 starts and none in 3+ years, never had 20 Carries in a game hasn’t scored a td this decade it’s even more so. 
 Wilder did that with Edmonton in two partial seasons. Similar to what Kienan lafrance had done after we let him go in free agency. Litre has rushed for 600 ish yards on 8+ ypc . Erlington has put up almost 1200 on 6.1 with 6 tds in comparable time. Bennett is in a similar boat too. 
when your career high for rushing yards in a season is under 300 you haven’t done any thing as a rb. Collaros has a better single season rushing line lol. 

he's scored this decade...guess you missd it

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Augustine has a 5.2 yard average this season and has always had a 5 - 7 yard per carry average in his previous seasons.   People are looking for reasons to complain. 

His ypc last year was 4.5. Sheed has a 12.5 yards per carry average this season we should start him at rb. 
 He can’t block and he can’t grind out consistent yardage. I did the break down last year in his career if you take out his top 10% longest runs his average drops below 3 per carry. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

he's scored this decade...guess you missd it

Not a rushing td. Darvin adams has as many passing tds as Augustine has rushing in his career. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

His ypc last year was 4.5. Sheed has a 12.5 yards per carry average this season we should start him at rb. 
 He can’t block and he can’t grind out consistent yardage. I did the break down last year in his career if you take out his top 10% longest runs his average drops below 3 per carry. 

well then you should also take out the bottom 10% no?...to make it a consistent avg?...Take out any rb's top 10% of runs and their avg drops as well...and prob more for a RB that logs 15 to 20 carries a game...as a higher percent  of carries are closer to the bottom 10 percent than top

I'm not advocating tht JA is just as good....but also in a 1 game fill in...he wont hurt us, and has shown that in his few starts....Would I prefer we bring back Salima?...100% as don't understand why we didn't PR him anyway...Mcrae to me doesnt strike me as an everydown RB...ONe who could grind out the grimy yards at end of a game to kill the clock....

Augustine to me is inconsistent......hot and cold.....Looks like a world beater on one play and gets stuffed the next....The guy has been with us for quite awhile .....but if it means he's going to carry the heavy load....I'm not too excited.......Yeah that's a head scratcher why we didn't pr Salima....

Edited by Stickem

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Augustine to me is inconsistent......hot and cold.....Looks like a world beater on one play and gets stuffed the next....The guy has been with us for quite awhile .....but if it means he's going to carry the heavy load....I'm not too excited.......Yeah that's a head scratcher why we didn't pr Salima....

yup....total head scratcher there...But hey we have Machino and Ivy behind Richmond..Eli...Dobson...Szott...so there is that awesomeness....And Toss in another global punter filling in a spot....I can see why a very promising RB was not required...haha...

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....total head scratcher there...But hey we have Machino and Ivy behind Richmond..Eli...Dobson...Szott...so there is that awesomeness....And Toss in another global punter filling in a spot....I can see why a very promising RB was not required...haha...

Only the mysterious workings of Mike O's mind can answer some of these moves ...There has to be master plan.......I wish Mike would let us in on it

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

He's a scat back, which just isn't really viable anymore in the CFL as an every down RB. He is perfect in his function as a change of pace back or in game IR. If BO is lost for any extended time then McRae is not the answer either, but I would expect that the Bombers would bring back Salima or another RB if that were the case.

21 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He's a scat back, which just isn't really viable anymore in the CFL as an every down RB. He is perfect in his function as a change of pace back or in game IR. If BO is lost for any extended time then McRae is not the answer either, but I would expect that the Bombers would bring back Salima or another RB if that were the case.

expect....and what actually happens...based on the inner workings of Osheas mind sometimes is polar opposites...we shall see tho...Maybe we just go with 6 recievers 90 percent of time and dare teams to stop it hahaha

22 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Its almost like...with five very good and capable receivers and only one football, that there may be some weeks where a receiver has an amazing statline or two consecutively, and may have a mediocre statline or two consecutively. 

I mean really, what are we doing here? Lol. Two weeks over 40 points and we're crapping on some of our receivers stats after two games. This fan base sometimes, Jesus Christ lol.

Honestly, I'm getting a lot of second hand embarrassment from those posts. Can only shake my head and laugh.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

well then you should also take out the bottom 10% no?...to make it a consistent avg?...Take out any rb's top 10% of runs and their avg drops as well...and prob more for a RB that logs 15 to 20 carries a game...as a higher percent  of carries are closer to the bottom 10 percent than top

I'm not advocating tht JA is just as good....but also in a 1 game fill in...he wont hurt us, and has shown that in his few starts....Would I prefer we bring back Salima?...100% as don't understand why we didn't PR him anyway...Mcrae to me doesnt strike me as an everydown RB...ONe who could grind out the grimy yards at end of a game to kill the clock....

Sure but the deviation between 0-3 yards realistically 1-3 is tiny. You might see him go from 2.4 to 2.6 taking out the shortest. He hits a lot of 15+ that’s why his ypc skews soo heavy. The split between his 10+ and 2 or less was incredible. He’s basically the opposite of Brady. He’d be ideal for a run heavy offense to split touches with Brady getting 15 or more and him getting 6-7. But we don’t run that kind of offense any more. 

the biggest thing with starting Augustine (aside from a crappy pre season which could be any thing) is we don’t have an ni back up, and his pass blocking isn’t good. 2nd and long is not what our offense or any is designed to execute in, but collaros doesn’t really care he just chucks em up. 

as a note, I don’t think McRae who I like, is cut out to be a feature back in our offense either. 

40 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Honestly, I'm getting a lot of second hand embarrassment from those posts. Can only shake my head and laugh.

The big issue if Brady goes down isn’t the offensive production. It’s ratio, and collaros protection. We know collaros can light the world on fire. Though we don’t want him trying to drop back 50 times in an early regular season game. And we are already thin at ni depth. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Sure but the deviation between 0-3 yards realistically 1-3 is tiny. You might see him go from 2.4 to 2.6 taking out the shortest. He hits a lot of 15+ that’s why his ypc skews soo heavy. The split between his 10+ and 2 or less was incredible. He’s basically the opposite of Brady. He’d be ideal for a run heavy offense to split touches with Brady getting 15 or more and him getting 6-7. But we don’t run that kind of offense any more. 

the biggest thing with starting Augustine (aside from a crappy pre season which could be any thing) is we don’t have an ni back up, and his pass blocking isn’t good. 2nd and long is not what our offense or any is designed to execute in, but collaros doesn’t really care he just chucks em up. 

as a note, I don’t think McRae who I like, is cut out to be a feature back in our offense either. 

The big issue if Brady goes down isn’t the offensive production. It’s ratio, and collaros protection. We know collaros can light the world on fire. Though we don’t want him trying to drop back 50 times in an early regular season game. And we are already thin at ni depth. 

I agree...with no viable backup behind Johnny using him as a fulltime starter until BO is back if it more than 2..3 games isnt ideal, and I as well don't see Mcrae a a legit every down back for us....

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

My comment was related to the comments about the lack of production from certain rec, after too games of dominant offensive football.