CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

and this is why.... as much as I loved the guy and appreciate his time in Winnipeg........ I'm not sure why people think he deserves a shot at being a HC. What exactly has he done/proved? 

I'll take a shot at that.

My bias is how he approached sitting in the head chair. I think where his strengths lay are as a Head Coach, not as an assistant coach calling plays. I think he's a motivator, a team cohesion guy, a get good feel for getting the most out of his players, a wally Buono type coach where his coordinators do the X's and o's and he leads the team from the people end of things. He got Montreal to the playoffs two years in a row in challenging environment and I think if the little gremlin man hadn't been the GM and hadn't given the HC job to his bud (JM), he would have grown into a great Head Coach. I know professional sports is immediate results, what have you done for me lately but give him a bit of growing pains leeway and reap the rewards.   

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

So Winnipeg or another league?

I don't cheer against Bobby Dice unless we are playing OTT, actively cheer against the Riders, Chris Jones or last year Montreal after they did Khari dirty. In games we aren't playing I don't normally cheer for or against anyone, but against all the previous all the time.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Curious if this means the playoff game or if they'll hold it until next regular season...

The 28-year-old recorded 37 defensive tackles, three tackles for loss, seven sacks, and two fumble recoveries over 17 games this season. Barring appeal, his suspension will prevent him from dressing for the West Semi-Final against Calgary on Saturday, Nov. 4.

https://3downnation.com/2023/10/27/cfl-suspends-b-c-lions-dl-sione-teuhema-one-game-fines-four/

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Curious if this means the playoff game or if they'll hold it until next regular season...

So, what about the punch to the face?

Or is that an all encompassing "head contact"?

Should be two games- one for each blow to the head. 

I mean Robertson got one for a single head butt after the whistle. 

Or is a 2for this last week? Get 2 head shots for the price of ONE!

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Also, lololol... This might be the best one...

That’s how he got the oc job. Every one in Regina was like ehhh mehhh nahhh. Then no one else would take it. I could see the same thing happening with their hc search in the off season. 

2 fines should be 2 game suspension automatically. 3rd infraction? +4 games minimum. 

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Or is a 2for this last week? Get 2 head shots for the price of 

So Winnipeg finishes the season as the highest scoring team while also giving up the least amount of points. 

Winnipeg  14 4   594  377

BC  12 6    495 439

Calgary  6 12    412 471

Saskatchewan 6 12   387 551

Edmonton 4 14    367 517

Toronto  16 2    591 396

Montreal  11 7    442 392

Hamilton  8 10    408 461

Ottawa  4 14     415  507

On 2023-10-27 at 3:02 PM, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Or is a 2for this last week? Get 2 head shots for the price of ONE!

As Matt Dunnigan would say, all we're looking for is consistency.

Betts was not more impactful than a RB who plays the entire game with outstanding production to go along with doing everything like pass protection.  How impactful was Betts in the Lions two losses to the Bombers that put his team on the road for the West Final?  There's your tiebreaker.

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Guy plays every damn down on offense too.  Which is unusual for a running back in this era (like the past 30 years).  Excellent in pass protection which is huge on top of being the most productive offensive player in the league when he has the ball.  The guy is involved in every play.  It's not like he's a wideout that is just having a jog when the route is on the other side of the field.

Betts plays 2/3 of BC's defensive snaps.