CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

On August 17, 1959 Edmonton lost to BC 12-0, and the following week they beat Sask. 55-0. 67 point swing. Not even sure that’s the record, but this took me one minute of digging to find this. Either the “CFL stats guru” is in the wrong job, or I am. 

I trust you more than I trust anything “CFL Stats” related.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Steve Daniel is usually right on the money but I wonder if his databases have been at all hampered by the league. 

Yeah, didn’t mean to hack on him too hard. He’s one of the few who puts effort into keeping track of league history through stats, and he does not have a database like Elias sports tracking stuff for him. The transition to the new stats website cannot be helpful for him. Would be good to have more like him working to compile  a full statistical history of the CFL. 

At this point... the CFL reffkng and the ******* command center are a ******* joke... instead of making the right call at any point, initially or as a correction they double down and post **** like this;

And this statement or "reason" is not a reason at all other than, "because we say so".... 

**** them.

I see @BaconNBigBlue disagrees- good, I would some sane explanation as to why that was not flagged. Honestly, if you disagree, I would be more than happy to hear your take on it. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jones can take this role too!!

Sorry to hear this... I thought he was doing a good job at the beginning of the season to try and create some excitement around the team.  The fact that the GM and Head Coach have tanked the team is definitely not on him.  I feel like Cui and Jones probably butted heads and Jones won out by being tighter with the board.

2 hours ago, Sard said:

Sorry to hear this... I thought he was doing a good job at the beginning of the season to try and create some excitement around the team.  The fact that the GM and Head Coach have tanked the team is definitely not on him.  I feel like Cui and Jones probably butted heads and Jones won out by being tighter with the board.

So much this - imagine Wade being told he was stuck with Mack and Burke for four years…

4 hours ago, Sard said:

It's possible Cui was tight with Jones and didn't make the changes that the board recommended.

More likely Cui just decided to jump ship as he didn't want the Elks to soil his reputation any further. He's prolly looking for a position somewhere that's a little less stressful.

Cui should be CFL Commissioner. Someone who knows about building a brand in today's marketplace. Instead, we're stuck with a loser like Ambrosie. I don't think Cui could ever have done anything as the name change & the hiring of Jones all happened before he was brought in as Elks President. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Cui should be CFL Commissioner. Someone who knows about building a brand in today's marketplace. Instead, we're stuck with a loser like Ambrosie. I don't think Cui could ever have done anything as the name change & the hiring of Jones all happened before he was brought in as Elks President. 

The name change is not the problem. Attendance and fan interest will dry up in any market if you can't win a home game in 3 years.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would love that move. 

Incredible disappointing that they fired cui but keep jones around. Edmonton may be beyond hope of improvement for a long long time. 

10 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

It's possible Cui was tight with Jones and didn't make the changes that the board recommended.

More likely Cui just decided to jump ship as he didn't want the Elks to soil his reputation any further. He's prolly looking for a position somewhere that's a little less stressful.

I imagine that's the exact opposite of what happened.