Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

Just imagine a receiving core featuring demski, Schoen, and Lawler with Collaros at qb. 

I actually not sure I've ever seen anything like it in my years of watching the Bombers. Early days of my watching years milt geroy and Bruce. I don't think they were stars yet though

Just now, blue85gold said:

Shoen can score from anywhere on the field. Demski can score from anywhere on the field. Lawler isn't going to run away to take it to the house but can win 30/40 yard jump balls anywhere on the field. 

Schoen and Lawler have that knack for making catches to move the sticks, as does Wolitarsky... this team has weapons for their QB. Gonna wreck people's ****. 

so as it sits...before camp starts we can trot out Bryant / Grey/Eli/Neuf/Yoshi on the oline..backed up by Dobson and Kolo

Have Brady backed up by Augustine..

ZC chucking a ball to Woli/Demski//Schoen/Lawler and likely Agudosi, with BOLO and Grant rostered 

Defensively will line up at current Willie/Walker/.Jake/Lawson /Jeffcoat and Hansen as a rotation end

Wilson/Biggie/Darby with a back end of Rose/Nichols/BA/Houston/Lawrence...with Parker back

Now how can you say that isn't a good starting point going into camp and not even counting any of the prospects/draftees brought in, or any other free agent signed...got to give Walters credit where credit is due...has done a masterful job

couple things...

-Regarding the amount of money Walters had to play with. They were apparently keeping a pot last year for Streveler, but I think with his continuation with the Jets, they're likely spending that money now

-This is absolutely the best receiving corps since 2000-2003 era.... just ridiculous. Plus Brady out there keeping teams honest. And the best OL in the league with the best QB in the league. Good God almighty....

Wait a minute.  This morning I read everyone on here saying that it was stupid for a GM to grossly overpay for an American receiver.  This afternoon it’s the complete opposite.  Lol.   And here I thought Riders fans were ridiculous.  

So the Bombers have 2 players signed for about $900K?  Lol , yeah that’ll work out well. 

1 minute ago, Stam Peters said:

Wait a minute.  This morning I read everyone on here saying that it was stupid for a GM to grossly overpay for an American receiver.  This afternoon it’s the complete opposite.  Lol.   And here I thought Riders fans were ridiculous.  

So the Bombers have 2 players signed for about $900K?  Lol , yeah that’ll work out well. 

one is Jake Weineke, one is the best receiver in the CFL, genius. 

Lol.

Hi Migs 

Do we know what the cost is?  Over pay or not it's still kind of exciting as a fan lol

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Thought that Kenny was pushing for a 3yr. deal....there must have been a change to his ask ....Whatever the deal is we can't go wrong.......When we trot out our receiving corps...the opposition will have some tough choices....heh heh....Picks your poison guys .....

He’s gonna get 2 years in here so he can sign a deal with guarantees next time around.

12 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

one is Jake Weineke, one is the best receiver in the CFL, genius. 

Lawler is one of the best in the league, but he is not $300K good.  I recall Bombers fans laughing at Chris Jones for doing that last year. Thankfully Huff is smart enough to not spend that kinda coin on a receiver.  

Is it confirmed what the Riders paid for Weineke?

Edited by Stam Peters

2 minutes ago, Stam Peters said:

Lawler is one of the best in the league, but he is not $300K good.  I recall Bombers fans laughing at Chris Jones for doing that last year. Thankfully Huff is smart enough to not spend that kinda coin on a receiver.  

Is it confirmed what the Riders paid for Weineke?

hey Migsy, Huff don't do ****.....Huff's sitting in the big office. Dickie (the good one, not the one you have) is calling the shots.