Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He tweeted that he didn't like living in Regina but the people were friendly. Rider fans took exception to the first part of that sentence. LaPo deleted that tweet after there an upswell of negative Rider comments. He then posted another that he didn't like Regina because it's too cold & windy which didn't help. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476dga2da06btd95mspa

But...but...Lapo desperately wanted to go there in 2019 but the big bad Bombers wouldn't give them permission to talk to him. LMAO. Guess we know why now...Lapo told Walters that whatever you do don't say yes to their request. lmao

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

But...but...Lapo desperately wanted to go there in 2019 but the big bad Bombers wouldn't give them permission to talk to him. LMAO. Guess we know why now...Lapo told Walters that whatever you do don't say yes to their request. lmao

He was tweeting zingers yesterday. First he deleted his tweet about not liking the City of Regina but the people are nice, He also tweeted about selling his rental property he owned there but gave advice to landlords to never rent a house to cat owners as he had to clean up cat pee & poop & then the place is too windy & cold. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He was tweeting zingers yesterday. First he deleted his tweet about not liking the City of Regina but the people are nice, He also tweeted about selling his rental property he owned there but gave advice to landlords to never rent a house to cat owners as he had to clean up cat pee & poop & then the place is too windy & cold. 

LOL...atta boy Lapo! That ought to sober them up about why their new OC is who it is cause if a nice guy like Lapo is tweeting about it, I can just imagine what other coaches are saying behind closed doors.

Edited by GCn20

My sister & brother in law moved to Regina in the mid 70's for 3 years. He was a young civil engineer at the time in the Winnipeg HO & his boss sent him to their office there to run the place. It was actually quite a busy office so it was a great opportunity for him still in his late 20's at the time. He then transferred to Edmonton & finally Vancouver. 

I was still a teenager so I'd go with my parents to visit them two or 3 times a year. You have no idea what that place was like before they built a water treatment plant. The sinks had 4 faucets, Warm, cold & hard & soft water. I can't remember if the hard water was for drinking & the soft for washing, especially clothes. The damned drinking water smelled. It had salt in it & was nasty, nasty, nasty. I'd always get an upset stomach when I visited as I'd usually drink the wrong water as it was chemically treated. Bleh. 

Life is much better for people there today. That water treatment plant makes living there almost easy. 

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My sister & brother in law moved to Regina in the mid 70's for 3 years. He was a young civil engineer at the time in the Winnipeg HO & his boss sent him to their office there to run the place. It was actually quite a busy office so it was a great opportunity for him still in his late 20's at the time. He then transferred to Edmonton & finally Vancouver. 

I was still a teenager so I'd go with my parents to visit them two or 3 times a year. You have no idea what that place was like before they built a water treatment plant. The sinks had 4 faucets, Warm, cold & hard & soft water. I can't remember if the hard water was for drinking & the soft for washing, especially clothes. The damned drinking water smelled. It had salt in it & was nasty, nasty, nasty. I'd always get an upset stomach when I visited as I'd usually drink the wrong water as it was chemically treated. Bleh. 

Life is much better for people there today. That water treatment plant makes living there almost easy. 

just wait til they get electricity! 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Good thing you weren't there in the 60's before they got flush toilets.

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/07/blue-bombers-working-to-bring-star-receiver-kenny-lawler-back-to-winnipeg/

What we already suspected, Lawler back in Blue & Gold is in the works...

Ellingson made $165k, Bailey $138k... if they walk, there is your $300k+ overpay right there! (I kid)

Seriously though, if Agudosi comes back healthy and Schoen comes back at all, landing Lawler would make our starting WR core best in the league, hands down I don't even care what else happens in FA. Lawler I think will be our big splash on the open market.

I think Lawler would probably move a bit on his ask....considering the length of the contract he could sign....Would he be worth it??.....One of the top receivers in the league right now....and he'd be a strong addition to an already talented receiving corps...I think Walters gets it done

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

If that's what he's asking for...it's a pass from me. He's undeniably a game changer. But that's a lot of cheddar

Of course he's asking for it....doesn't matter if no one offers it.

I don't think it's realistic to expect that anyone offers him a raise from last  year. It didn't work. I think the best he can reasonable expect is 275 from some desperate team.

Can we get close enough to that to make it worth it for him? 

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Of course he's asking for it....doesn't matter if no one offers it.

I don't think it's realistic to expect that anyone offers him a raise from last  year. It didn't work. I think the best he can reasonable expect is 275 from some desperate team.

Can we get close enough to that to make it worth it for him? 

If the reports about the aborted trade with Edmonton from last season are correct, we had a deal in place with him for an extension so I'd have to think they can't be too far off in numbers unless Lawler is using FA to drive up his asking price.

48 minutes ago, Jesse said:

No one posted this yet?

said all along...barring that injury last yr...he would have been here and extended.....now ask...and what you get are 2 different things....its negotiating....but if we walk on ellingson and Bailey...money is there with entry level guy as the 5th reciever

49 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/07/blue-bombers-working-to-bring-star-receiver-kenny-lawler-back-to-winnipeg/

What we already suspected, Lawler back in Blue & Gold is in the works...

Ellingson made $165k, Bailey $138k... if they walk, there is your $300k+ overpay right there! (I kid)

Seriously though, if Agudosi comes back healthy and Schoen comes back at all, landing Lawler would make our starting WR core best in the league, hands down I don't even care what else happens in FA. Lawler I think will be our big splash on the open market.

Agudosi is healthy....prob in a pinch could have played in playoffs but no sense adding a guy who hadnt played the last half the yr

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

If the reports about the aborted trade with Edmonton from last season are correct, we had a deal in place with him for an extension so I'd have to think they can't be too far off in numbers unless Lawler is using FA to drive up his asking price.

Hard to say if a contract was actually ready to go, or just a commitment from both sides to sit down and hash it out.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, I never bought that it was a done deal.

they had an offer and extension in works...if trade went through....positive it would have been hammerd out...the intention was the trade and extension...

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

No one is paying Lawler a million over 3 years but I don't blame him for asking.

yup...thats how u get paid....shoot for the stars....get a piece of the moon

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, I never bought that it was a done deal.

Well, there is some pretty obvious mutual interest. Lawler will have to bring his numbers down but in the end I don't think anyone offers him anywhere close to what he is asking. Same with Lewis. 300k per is going to be the very top end of what receivers can expect.

Just now, Booch said:

they had an offer and extension in works...if trade went through....positive it would have been hammerd out...the intention was the trade and extension...

yup...thats how u get paid....shoot for the stars....get a piece of the moon

Intention, I believe.

But obviously Lawler has a certain expectation when it comes to salary so I just don't completely buy that it was a "done deal".

I am incredibly excited at the thought of another 3 year deal though.