Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

10 minutes ago, Stam Peters said:

Lawler is one of the best in the league, but he is not $300K good.  I recall Bombers fans laughing at Chris Jones for doing that last year. Thankfully Huff is smart enough to not spend that kinda coin on a receiver.  

Is it confirmed what the Riders paid for Weineke?

whos to say its 300k tho....u know what assuming does eh?

43 minutes ago, Stam Peters said:

Wait a minute.  This morning I read everyone on here saying that it was stupid for a GM to grossly overpay for an American receiver.  This afternoon it’s the complete opposite.  Lol.   And here I thought Riders fans were ridiculous.  

So the Bombers have 2 players signed for about $900K?  Lol , yeah that’ll work out well. 

Hey Migs, go shove it. You know what gives you away? There is an actual Stamps fan named Stan Peters but he never trolls here. He used to always post on Riderfans. And a Stamps fan doesn't care about the Riders so why would a Stamps fan ask about Weineke?? Your team signs a soon to be crippled qb with your putrid OL & a 500 yard receiver so now you're trolling here? Where's the parade route? We all know the Riders have won so many Grey Cups in February. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

so as it sits...before camp starts we can trot out Bryant / Grey/Eli/Neuf/Yoshi on the oline..backed up by Dobson and Kolo

Have Brady backed up by Augustine..

ZC chucking a ball to Woli/Demski//Schoen/Lawler and likely Agudosi, with BOLO and Grant rostered 

Defensively will line up at current Willie/Walker/.Jake/Lawson /Jeffcoat and Hansen as a rotation end

Wilson/Biggie/Darby with a back end of Rose/Nichols/BA/Houston/Lawrence...with Parker back

Now how can you say that isn't a good starting point going into camp and not even counting any of the prospects/draftees brought in, or any other free agent signed...got to give Walters credit where credit is due...has done a masterful job

When is the last time we didn’t have an impact rookie too. 

53 minutes ago, Stam Peters said:

Wait a minute.  This morning I read everyone on here saying that it was stupid for a GM to grossly overpay for an American receiver.  This afternoon it’s the complete opposite.  Lol.   And here I thought Riders fans were ridiculous.  

So the Bombers have 2 players signed for about $900K?  Lol , yeah that’ll work out well. 

Details haven’t been reported. Putting the cart before the horse is one thing. Sticking it up the horses ass is another. 
 You have the core of a team that’s gone to 3 grey cups in a row and add lawler. When you don’t have a dozen holes in the roster you can afford to splurge. That said I’m sure he’s under 300k. 
 Also we had two players for 900k last year. Worked out pretty well. What was fajardo + duke last year? 

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

whos to say its 300k tho....u know what assuming does eh?

Even if it is, the cap went up 160k. That plus ellingsons 160k would give us 20k extra if we spent all the same money as last year. 
 Bailey wasn’t cheap, we will save at c, and likely save at db as well as some vets likely move on. 
 And with all that we don’t have to fill another hole in cfl fa. No other team can say that. The pieces we need we can get from first year guys. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not sure how I feel about 300 in year two (but if cap goes up then it's not a big deal) but taking less because he just wanted to be in Winnipeg just fills my heart. **** every team that isn't us. 

Well about 4 hours ago I would have said this was an over pay. But it's hard not to be excited about it now, especially with a damn good roster already in place 

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

265k is a a bit high...and 300k is hard to swallow...but the cap is supposed to increase. And Walters knows what he is doing, that I have no doubt. If he signed him at that it's cause they could afford it. #FortHew

Considering what we paid Bailey and ellingson I’m good with 260k. 300k is big but if he doesn’t earn it he won’t be here. 
 good luck defending him and schoen. Two best wrs in the league in blue n gold? Yes please  

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Once we get through FA, you'll start seeing a bunch of newbie signing announcements I'd bet. There will be some younger bodies on D and O coming before long. 

Yup, and prolly no money left for a high priced kicker. My guess is if Leggs loses the field goal job it will be to a Global player as they are still relatively cheap. 

15 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Part of me is worried about the $ for Lawler (more year 2) but I think mainly I am salivating at how good our lineup looks and just enjoying the ride.

And salivating knowing ZC will still have that bitter taste in his mouth from the GC game that you would think would be a bit of a motivator for him to remind Bomber non fans he still commands the top dog status in the CFL.