Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

love the imagery of this... ha ha ha. Here's hoping Schoen is back, too. We'll miss Bailey (I assume, to make this work) but likely something that had to be done and (I hate to say) worth it, in the big picture. 

Wow! I loved Bailey ,but assuming Dalton is back ,that receiving core is sick. But like someone said before ,Bailey and Ellingson are the odd men out unless Walters had money set aside.. ?

I honestly think it's Bailey that didn't want to re-sign. He is obviously very passionate and confident. I can see him wanting to take on a bigger role and be "The guy" on a team. I personally don't see that happening. But I don't think it was the bombers who passed on him as much as it was bailey wanting to see what else he is capable of. He knows he wasn't going to be the guy on this team.  I bet he's in Green and white by June.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly think it's Bailey that didn't want to re-sign. He is obviously very passionate and confident. I can see him wanting to take on a bigger role and be "The guy" on a team. I personally don't see that happening. But I don't think it was the bombers who passed on him as much as it was bailey wanting to see what else he is capable of. He knows he wasn't going to be the guy on this team.  I bet he's in Green and white by June.

he will be in Montreal

Just now, Geebrr said:

One thing to keep in mind when you see the crybaby fans from other teams talking about our cap space:

Our GM (the best in the league) signed some big name guys using cap space from last year to free up more in 2023. 

and he had a big ol bag of it with contracts like Couture...Ellingson..Prukopp..BA...Taylor...geting full 6 game reliefs from the sms...I believe couture got 2 full 6 game stints...and we had left over money we were gonna give harris we didnt use, and some Desjarlais war chest money on top of it...we in good shape

There also is no "cap."  It's stupid hockey fans who don't get that every other "cap" is much different.

For the CFL it's completely cumulative.  A team could have contracts signed today to pay out potentially $8 million in 2023 but they aren't over the cap.  It's all tabulated at the end of the season and you have to end up under the number based on the bonuses and game cheques paid out.

NHL you have to be under the cap daily and would have immediate consequences if over...the league would literally start waiving players to get a team under the number.

Just now, CodyT said:

Just mind boggling the roster Walter's has put together. Incredible. 

Hope didn't cost us in other spots and we didn't over spend too much 

where we in need now really...looks like only DT with the import spot...We do still have Walker coming back...and good chance we use a rookie import run plugger...maybe the next Stove...