Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

31 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yup, and prolly no money left for a high priced kicker. My guess is if Leggs loses the field goal job it will be to a Global player as they are still relatively cheap. 

I fully believe they only ever intended on bringing in a global or crapinga esq kicker to push legs in camp. 

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

didnt I say under 300k.....we dont need to over pay here

And cap going up....300 seems to be the high water benchmark already...so 300k in 2024 doesnt bother me one bit....If the 220k for Weinike is real, and Dunbar got his 200k, who knows what Lewis gets...Kenny's 260 is more than fine...and we dont overpay.....ever so if it worked for Walters, and 300k works for yr 2 for what Walters is doing...Im fine with that if he does what Kenny does

ZC probably cant have the season come fast enough

Imagine comparing what the L'ks did last year to what the Bombers are doing this year? Lol. I wonder if there are any details that might be missing, the nuances of it or something...

Also read over there that the Bombers have just been lucky....for like the past 8 years...its just smoke and mirrors...lucky bounces....CFL conspiracies!! Definitely not good-great teams from top to bottom...no no, 8 years of luck!!

We've said it on here before but it can not be repeated enough..RIGHT NOW is the best era of Bomber football we've ever had!! Remember to appreciate it folks!!

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Imagine comparing what the L'ks did last year to what the Bombers are doing this year? Lol. I wonder if there are any details that might be missing, the nuances of it or something...

Also read over there that the Bombers have just been lucky....for like the past 8 years...its just smoke and mirrors...lucky bounces....CFL conspiracies!! Definitely not good-great teams from top to bottom...no no, 8 years of luck!!

We've said it on here before but it can not be repeated enough..RIGHT NOW is the best era of Bomber football we've ever had!! Remember to appreciate it folks!!

and we have been injury free ...so lucky there too...what a bunch of morons

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Didn’t realize the price tag for receivers was so high all of a sudden

I don’t like 300k but I wouldn’t have liked 140k for Bailey last year either 

Yea no kidding. Maybe the XFL/USFL is having an impact at this position.

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

Didn’t realize the price tag for receivers was so high all of a sudden

I don’t like 300k but I wouldn’t have liked 140k for Bailey last year either 

The market does seem crazy right? 

There aren't that many top shelf QBs so I guess teams have to make up for that by trying to buy the best receivers they can

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

with Dunbar..Wieneke...now this...coupled with what Whitehead is making...260k for Kenny is a steal....and almost unfair...but thats what we have built will get you...guys playing for each other..taking a it less here and there to help build the team...room...and winning ways....polar opposite of say....the Riders lol

29 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The message that Lawler left with the Elks shows what a class act he is....For all of the accolades he sent their way ....and the fact that he wanted to come home to a place he obviously luvs better....says a lot about us and our organization....Welcome home Kenny

Reading that Insta post, I felt like he's matured from the guy who got a DUI a couple of years ago. We've seen the steps WJ5 has taken in his life, in terms of maturing, and I think we're seeing it with Lawler now, too...

and this man is ready to do work in '23!! 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

their salaries are peanuts....so not likely

I'm not suggesting they could ever compete for our established receivers, but certainly the presence of two other leagues would dip into the prospect pool somewhat. Therefore, the less available top prospects the more the existing stock becomes worth. Not to mention the fact that the NFL expanded PRs and eligibility is really laying a smack down on availability of players particularly at skill positions.