West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys

Nolby

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Ticketmaster’s website is terrible. 

The North Endzone sells out fast and has been showing as sold out for a week- now seats are available. If I wanted seats there and got seats elsewhere based on no availability- I’d be pissed. 

I believe that some seats are held back for the visitors who may have a number of seat requests for family and friends. Once the opponent becomes known the number of seats needed will crystallize and some previously unavailable seats will open up to the general public. Besides, lots of fans buy seats and then just stand in the North concourse  the Rum Hut, so there is always walk-up space in the end zone seats, even in a sell-out. But the best sight lines are middle of the field, even in (I think especially) the upper decks. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I believe that some seats are held back for the visitors who may have a number of seat requests for family and friends. Once the opponent becomes known the number of seats needed will crystallize and some previously unavailable seats will open up to the general public. Besides, lots of fans buy seats and then just stand in the North concourse  the Rum Hut, so there is always walk-up space in the end zone seats, even in a sell-out. But the best sight lines are middle of the field, even in (I think especially) the upper decks. 

I know people stand in the North endzone - I’ve had season tickets the entire existence of the building. Not at all what I’m talking about. Tickets show one day, not the next, then back a week later. That isn’t a TM hold back. 

Thanks for breaking down that the best sight lines  are in middle of the field- breaking news. 

Your post actually makes me more mad than their shitty website. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Out of town fans who watch games on TV - go ahead and buy some tickets and donate them if you can’t use them yourself. 

Lots of groups would take them. 

Do you one better, bought two tickets and am coming in for the WF this year!!  Section 104 baby!!  See you all there!!

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Per Ticketmaster, based on currently available seats (always subject to change based on opening up held seats that are currently not for sale) there are around 3,300 seats left, so we are over 30,000 sold for Sunday as it stands now. As always, this is an unofficial count. 

But how many tickets sold is that per TSN??

22 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Nah, Rourke will be fine- he seems to be a young QB with veteran savvy and old-man grit. The rest of that team though... soft as **** from a breastfed baby.

Huge respect for Kid Canada, he's shown a lot in the short time he's been here. The rest of the gang though... **** em all, **** em all right in the ear!

This Kid Canada **** we hear Rourke being called. Just like Brandon Bridge was called Air Canada. TSN trying to promote these players but in a way fans from other teams start to hate them because that's all TSN's Suitor & Dunigan want to talk about. So sick of hearing about Rourke. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This Kid Canada **** we hear Rourke being called. Just like Brandon Bridge was called Air Canada. TSN trying to promote these players but in a way fans from other teams start to hate them because that's all TSN's Suitor & Dunigan want to talk about. So sick of hearing about Rourke. 

Theres a lot of kid Canada's in the CFL...ones born..bred..and played all their football in canada...so why dont they get that moniker? 

It's a bit stupid if u ask me and a slap in the face of every other Canadian star at his position..

9 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Out of town fans who watch games on TV - go ahead and buy some tickets and donate them if you can’t use them yourself. 

Lots of groups would take them. 

Did that for the entire season! In all of my years as a season ticket holder, this is the first year that I didn’t make it to a single home game thanks to a weird home schedule that basically didn’t have two home games in a row (making it not worth it for me to fly in) and sadly won’t be at the WF either but gave my tickets away to each game. Thankfully, with the new direct flights out of LAX I’ll be doing a lot of weekend trips next year!!

Edited by O2L

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Theres a lot of kid Canada's in the CFL...ones born..bred..and played all their football in canada...so why dont they get that moniker? 

It's a bit stupid if u ask me and a slap in the face of every other Canadian star at his position..

Yep, for years all Canadian qbs asked for was to be treated like any other player & make the rules worthwhile to develop Canadians at the qb position. So what happens? Rourke comes along & Brandon Bridge before him & TSN is falling over themselves trying to hype & find catchy nicknames for them. It's become a circus. Ron Lancaster almost 30 years ago predicted this very thing. Except he said teams would be hesitant to develop Caandian qbs bvecause of the way the media would act & then the fans because of them. So much hype that a lot of teams wouldn't want to develop a Canadian qb because of the massive distraction it would become if he found success. 

You guys all sound like crotchety old men and/or spoiled kids.

I have zero idea what the problem is. Rourke is the new shiny thing, it's awesome to have more talent in the league.

We have the best team in the league - we're in the middle of the best of times.

My only problem with the Kid Canada moniker is the total lack of originality - he got jobbed out of a cool nickname because he's Canadian. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I have zero idea what the problem is. Rourke is the new shiny thing, it's awesome to have more talent in the league.

My only problem with the Kid Canada moniker is the total lack of originality - he got jobbed out of a cool nickname because he's Canadian. 

The guy plays for the Lions and his name sounds like "roar".  

I got nothing....

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Sorry, I would have responded to this earlier but I had to go chase those dang kids off my lawn.

12 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Do you one better, bought two tickets and am coming in for the WF this year!!  Section 104 baby!!  See you all there!!

But how many tickets sold is that per TSN??

6 hours ago, O2L said:

Did that for the entire season! In all of my years as a season ticket holder, this is the first year that I didn’t make it to a single home game thanks to a weird home schedule that basically didn’t have two home games in a row (making it not worth it for me to fly in) and sadly won’t be at the WF either but gave my tickets away to each game. Thankfully, with the new direct flights out of LAX I’ll be doing a lot of weekend trips next year!!

Good on you guys! Props to you and people like Noeller who are coming in for the game or buying tickets and giving them away. 

If I moved from Winnipeg I would still buy my season tickets and give them away or donate them (I think the Bombers have a program to donate them for you). Tickets sold is still the lifeblood of this team and league. 

15 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Ticketmaster’s website is terrible. 

The North Endzone sells out fast and has been showing as sold out for a week- now seats are available. If I wanted seats there and got seats elsewhere based on no availability- I’d be pissed. 

It's usually the team that releases the tickets. They hold them back for various reasons. 

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/11/07/head-to-head-who-has-the-edge-in-the-western-final-2/

QB - WPG
RB - WPG
REC - WPG
OL - WPG
DL - BC
LB - WPG
DB - BC
RET - WPG
FG/P - BC

DL: BC

Makes me laugh. Both our lines will mollywhop their lines. 

Post that up in the DL room. 

There is literally not one player on either line I’d want here. 

BC’s secondary is also super overrated. We tore them apart this year. 

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

I would give only the K/P to BC just due to experience....and be a wash for returner....WPG is hands down better across the board

Agree on K/P.  I think the receiving corps are a wash (especially if Lucky can play).  The DL and LB's are pretty even as well - very impressed with the Canadian DE's.

I can't believe the writer thinks B.C.'s D-backfield is better, but I guess he felt he had to throw the Lions a bone.

Edited by Wideleft

23 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

B.C. had three 1000+ yard receivers PLUS Burnham and Cottoy. Butler had 200ish more total yards than Brady and more than double the TD's. My glasses are very much blue but B.C. has some very good players.

we had 3 receivers in top 5 in TD's...so they find the endzone...that with one receiver missing 4 games, and our (at the time) top receiver who was leading league missing most of the year...we also had the top receiver yardage wise with far fewer receptions, and we dont rely on the chuck and duck, and or 50/50 attempt...I will take ours hands down.

Butler got 59 more yards on more carries, even with BO's lousy start....I'd take our run game too...behind the best oline, and we don't lean on dumping a pass to a RB so not concerned with Butlers extra receiving yard total...we will see in the cold weather which back is more effective

Dont get me wrong BC has some good players....but across the boards we far superior, and we been there done that....which is the biggest factor

14 minutes ago, itchy said:

Who else thinks the wild card in all this discussion is Ellingson?-Not much being said about him, but he's back, healthy, big and physical, has a connection with Collaros, and was leading the league before being injured. 

Excellent point. BC is in a pick your poison situation. Do they focus on shutting down say Demski and Schoen, well Ellingson, Bailey and Woli might hurt you.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Excellent point. BC is in a pick your poison situation. Do they focus on shutting down say Demski and Schoen, well Ellingson, Bailey and Woli might hurt you.

If we throw it! Because, we're also going to run it hard against them. Oliveira, McCrae, Grant, Demski... all capable of getting first downs on the ground. 

I remember when our D carried this team with the O doing enough to win. Now, it's O first and D doing enough to win.