West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys

Nolby

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

That Duke Williams "catch" is even worse than I remembered.

implication wise: the single worst CFL playoff call of all time. if a team can't win the game gifted that, then they never deserved it

it was SO bad that the 5 riders fans in my whole section saw the replay immediately got up and left before the ruling

Edited by Dr Zaius

interesting to say the least, and kinda funny considering all the flack and complaining that occurred about our apparent weak secondary...quietly and efficiently just get the job done with no flash and boasting...much like the team as a whole has done week to week for past several years

the Lions have scored 33 of their 58 regular season touchdowns through the air. On the opposing sideline, the Bombers defence has allowed a league-low 19 passing touchdowns this season. Additionally, Winnipeg allowed the second-fewest yards per attempt (7.8), tied BC for the fewest passing yards allowed per game (253.6) and have held opposing quarterbacks to a league-low 65 per cent completion percentage.

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

interesting to say the least, and kinda funny considering all the flack and complaining that occurred about our apparent weak secondary...quietly and efficiently just get the job done with no flash and boasting...much like the team as a whole has done week to week for past several years

the Lions have scored 33 of their 58 regular season touchdowns through the air. On the opposing sideline, the Bombers defence has allowed a league-low 19 passing touchdowns this season. Additionally, Winnipeg allowed the second-fewest yards per attempt (7.8), tied BC for the fewest passing yards allowed per game (253.6) and have held opposing quarterbacks to a league-low 65 per cent completion percentage.

Looking at those numbers, BC would be better off focusing their passing attack on the 10-20 yard range instead of the -5 to 0 yard range.

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

Man how much did that Hamilton game skew the numbers?

9 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Hoping number 5 is well rested and ready to go. If he gets pressure early it will be a tough game for Rourke.

pretty sure Hall has something cooked up for the Jeffs to bring it....I can see a lot of fronts with them inside too....beffuddling that Lion O-Line and looks lil Rourkie hasnt seen and will throw right into trouble

2 hours ago, Booch said:

pretty sure Hall has something cooked up for the Jeffs to bring it....I can see a lot of fronts with them inside too....beffuddling that Lion O-Line and looks lil Rourkie hasnt seen and will throw right into trouble

Texas Two Step all day long!! 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Force Rourke to be a pocket passer with limited steamboats to run thru his reads equals tough day at the office for Kid NCAA.

He's going to throw quick screens all day long. It will just be a race to see if if he gets it out on time and how many rourking the passer penalties we take. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Force Rourke to be a pocket passer with limited steamboats to run thru his reads equals tough day at the office for Kid NCAA.

He's a first read guy...it's taken away, or not there....he is average and basically tries to buy time to chuck it up and hope his guy beats the one on one jump....or hoped he got a guy in behind if db lost coverage....If his mobility is limited...like it was, and likely will be worse as he won't have "healed" any more than what he was, and is likely in worse shape...then that chuck and duck game plan will be less effective.

I look for us to use a lot of combined man coverage, and jamming his first read at the line....and a lot of pressure early to have him rushing things...pretty much what we have done before...just amped up a bit

16 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

The key is always that we need to score more points than them after 60 minutes.  Only Saskatchewan has found a way to screw that strategy up.

I dont see BC holding us under 25...under 30 I think will be a stretch....so they are going to have to roll all over our defense....and cant see that happening in less than ideal conditions....didn't see it in ideal conditions, so the task is more daunting for them...Home field...vet experience...been there before...and the quiet confidence and the goal of going 1-0 again I think puts us over the top...we are rested....healthy basically and just played them 2x...and have had 2 weeks basically to prepare and scheme...would take a major epic dropping of the ball, and dumb play along with getting zero breaks all game for us to fail...then again...on any given sunday....will be a gooder none the less

Just now, Booch said:

I dont see BC holding us under 25...under 30 I think will be a stretch....so they are going to have to roll all over our defense....and cant see that happening in less than ideal conditions....didn't see it in ideal conditions, so the task is more daunting for them...Home field...vet experience...been there before...and the quiet confidence and the goal of going 1-0 again I think puts us over the top...we are rested....healthy basically and just played them 2x...and have had 2 weeks basically to prepare and scheme...would take a major epic dropping of the ball, and dumb play along with getting zero breaks all game for us to fail...then again...on any given sunday....will be a gooder none the less

That's what I am thinking too. 1st to 30 wins. Being home with that rowdy crowd on D will help!!

1 hour ago, Booch said:

He's a first read guy...it's taken away, or not there....he is average and basically tries to buy time to chuck it up and hope his guy beats the one on one jump....or hoped he got a guy in behind if db lost coverage....If his mobility is limited...like it was, and likely will be worse as he won't have "healed" any more than what he was, and is likely in worse shape...then that chuck and duck game plan will be less effective.

I look for us to use a lot of combined man coverage, and jamming his first read at the line....and a lot of pressure early to have him rushing things...pretty much what we have done before...just amped up a bit

Would love to see this.

I’m also hoping the officials and command center don’t play a big part in this game… You can guess what result most people outside of Winnipeg would like to see.