West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys

Nolby

8 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

So... do the Bombers wear their Whites for the West Final?

Its a mighty fine tradition... pays total homage to the start of the GC era- I hope they continue.

And what new offensive/defensive schemes are being cooked up that aren’t on film?

or is the answer nothing, we know you  know what we will do but go ahead and try to stop us?

It Would be fun to see a grinding, ground attack by bombers, with the O line and Brady, but they dont do that.... balanced.

maybe later, to finish off the game.

I am looking forward to the often seen, calm cool collected Collaros, first possession , unstoppable touchdown drive.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

As Booch and others have said, I think our DBs especially Alexander really lay the wood to BC. Also I feel this is the kind of game where Jefferson gets a few sacks and makes the QB miserable.

Willy's been kinda quiet in the sack department lately,but I have good feeling that's gonna change on Sunday. GO Blue!!!

The Bombers will step up their game this week... its going to be awesome to watch. 

I think they learned from last year... they came out flat and Rust vs the riders and kinda got pushed around by ticats in the GC... but I feel they have learned from that experience and we will not see that flat rusted outing.

Social media hyping up the lions hard. 

So not only is it BC vs Winnipeg... it's Rourke, TSN, 3downnation and all of western Canada vs the Bombers. 

Insults from Rider fans include Bummers and Winterpeg (the creativity is off the charts). These are grown adults and not children. 

Last year the tears of Hamilton were delicious.. this year the frozen tears of western Canada will be delicious also. 

From 3DownNation. The fact these idiots are asking a guy like Richie Hall these types of questions is vomit inducing.

Blue Bombers’ defensive coordinator Richie Hall is impressed with what Rourke has been able to accomplish in his young CFL career. When asked to compare the phenom against some of the best quarterbacks he’s seen during his long tenure in the CFL including Warren Moon, Dieter Brock, and Doug Flutie, the veteran coach felt it was too early to make any assertions.

“I think he’s off to a good start. It’s funny, would you guys have said this a year ago? All you can deal with is what the present is and I think when you start evaluating people’s careers, you evaluate them from the start and how it evolves to the finish, not during the course of it happening. He’s off to a great start, he’s had a great year. He’s phenomenal, but this is his second year,” said Hall.

“When you talk about the other guys that you had mentioned, you talked about them over a span of time. Was Warren Moon the same at the end (of his career) as he was at the beginning? No, because he backed up Tom Wilkinson. So, like I said, he’s off to a great start. He’s a good quarterback, seems like a nice kid. He’s tough. He’s had a lot of success, but I think it’s unfair to the guys that you had mentioned and it’s also unfair to him to start comparing him in such a short period of time.”

12 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

From 3DownNation. The fact these idiots are asking a guy like Richie Hall these types of questions is vomit inducing.

Blue Bombers’ defensive coordinator Richie Hall is impressed with what Rourke has been able to accomplish in his young CFL career. When asked to compare the phenom against some of the best quarterbacks he’s seen during his long tenure in the CFL including Warren Moon, Dieter Brock, and Doug Flutie, the veteran coach felt it was too early to make any assertions.

“I think he’s off to a good start. It’s funny, would you guys have said this a year ago? All you can deal with is what the present is and I think when you start evaluating people’s careers, you evaluate them from the start and how it evolves to the finish, not during the course of it happening. He’s off to a great start, he’s had a great year. He’s phenomenal, but this is his second year,” said Hall.

“When you talk about the other guys that you had mentioned, you talked about them over a span of time. Was Warren Moon the same at the end (of his career) as he was at the beginning? No, because he backed up Tom Wilkinson. So, like I said, he’s off to a great start. He’s a good quarterback, seems like a nice kid. He’s tough. He’s had a lot of success, but I think it’s unfair to the guys that you had mentioned and it’s also unfair to him to start comparing him in such a short period of time.”

wonder if 3Down nation and other media grasped what Hall was politely saying...that yeah he came out of gate great, but at this point hasnt proved anything and being in yr 2....lets just see if he can sustain this....or just become another footnote in the flash in the pan history of QB's....a sentiment many here have been saying....

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

wonder if 3Down nation and other media grasped what Hall was politely saying...that yeah he came out of gate great, but at this point hasnt proved anything and being in yr 2....lets just see if he can sustain this....or just become another footnote in the flash in the pan history of QB's....a sentiment many here have been saying....

And a lot of us would also be saying similar things if he wore Blue and Gold. It has nothing to do with downplaying him because we’re scared, he needs more hours on the engine to see how it consistently runs. And we hope it works out, just not when he’s playing us.

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

The Bombers will step up their game this week... its going to be awesome to watch. 

I think they learned from last year... they came out flat and Rust vs the riders and kinda got pushed around by ticats in the GC... but I feel they have learned from that experience and we will not see that flat rusted outing.

I'm gonna disagree with the came out flat in last year's WF. They had a great opening drive, then demski made a weird play on the ball handing it to the defense. Made a turn over happen, then wolly lost it after a fight on the Goaline. If not for 2 brain facts it's 14-0 very early.

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm gonna disagree with the came out flat in last year's WF. They had a great opening drive, then demski made a weird play on the ball handing it to the defense. Made a turn over happen, then wolly lost it after a fight on the Goaline. If not for 2 brain facts it's 14-0 very early.

Yup the ‘21 WF way more a case of soon as the tree went green, the Bombers spun their tires into a smoke show instead of cutting a good 60’, if you get my meaning.

34 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

10 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Yup the ‘21 WF way more a case of soon as the tree went green, the Bombers spun their tires into a smoke show instead of cutting a good 60’, if you get my meaning.

Yeah- looking back with your input, I agree- seemed way too gung ho. 

I'll never forget the ball that Demski tossed up for an INT to start that game last year....he just reacted weird. IIRC, he kinda jumped when he didn't need to jump and it bounced off his chest and up in the air for one of those Gapper jagoffs to catch. I remember thinking "if he'd just stood there and waited and caught it, all would be well". They remember all of that very well, and it won't happen again this year. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'll never forget the ball that Demski tossed up for an INT to start that game last year....he just reacted weird. IIRC, he kinda jumped when he didn't need to jump and it bounced off his chest and up in the air for one of those Gapper jagoffs to catch. I remember thinking "if he'd just stood there and waited and caught it, all would be well". They remember all of that very well, and it won't happen again this year. 

And suitor loving himself over the great play of the sask d. Oy.