3 stars plus hh stamps get mafia’d

wbbfan

20 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm going to give a HH shout out to Shane Gauthier... Someone mentioned in the gameday thread that he probably shouldn't be out there on D... and I actually agree... but that sack he made late in the fourth quarter was a huge play and killed any momentum the Calgary offense had

I don’t think I have seen the defence so fired up this season to see some one to make a play.

39 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm going to give a HH shout out to Shane Gauthier... Someone mentioned in the gameday thread that he probably shouldn't be out there on D... and I actually agree... but that sack he made late in the fourth quarter was a huge play and killed any momentum the Calgary offense had

Gauthier and Briggs are bother cfl level athletes and talents with huge motors but both lack positional fit. Neither are able to fight off a block or reliably tackle good rbs 1on1. They are both stuck between being a wil and a Sam. both would probably benefit a lot from more practice time and drills with the dl. but they may never be guys who fit at a position on defense. 

it was great to see him make a big play he contributes a lot on teams and scout unit. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Gauthier and Briggs are bother cfl level athletes and talents with huge motors but both lack positional fit. Neither are able to fight off a block or reliably tackle good rbs 1on1. They are both stuck between being a wil and a Sam. both would probably benefit a lot from more practice time and drills with the dl. but they may never be guys who fit at a position on defense. 

it was great to see him make a big play he contributes a lot on teams and scout unit. 

This has been discussed before... but that play Gauthier made to foil the Sask fake kick return in the 2019 WCF... was a huge catalyst to the Bombers winning the cup that year... the winds were changing in that game and if Gauthier doesn't make that stop... the Bomber might not win that game

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Glue guys like Gauthier and Briggs is what the CFL is all about. The unsung heroes who work their tail off, play ST’s and can give you a play or two when you need it on defence. 

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This has been discussed before... but that play Gauthier made to foil the Sask fake kick return in the 2019 WCF... was a huge catalyst to the Bombers winning the cup that year... the winds were changing in that game and if Gauthier doesn't make that stop... the Bomber might not win that game

Great point. They fooled the whole world. The camera the fans the coaches every guy on the field, but Gauthier. That’s an all time great teams play. Up there with hansen neutering two cats with one hit. 

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Glue guys like Gauthier and Briggs is what the CFL is all about. The unsung heroes who work their tail off, play ST’s and can give you a play or two when you need it on defence. 

10 Plays that Made a Champion | Shayne Gauthier tackle vs Roughriders | "Coach O’Shea said to me, ‘That’s one of the greatest plays I’ve seen on special teams.’ To hear that, especially from Coach O’Shea… That means... | By Winnipeg Blue Bombers | Facebook

31 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Honestly it's guys like that, that make the CFL special for me, as a fan. It's the lunch pail Canadian guys that I never ever want to see gone from this league via a reduced ratio. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Honestly it's guys like that, that make the CFL special for me, as a fan. It's the lunch pail Canadian guys that I never ever want to see gone from this league via a reduced ratio. 

Bang on......you really don't notice these guys because they do the little things that can be big difference makers.....That sack by Gauthier...after he looked like he over ran the play, and then came up big on Maier, really po'd Bo's replacement.....You could tell he had the look of 'where the hell did that guy come from'....heh heh....

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sad that posters here think it's soooo funny that Matt stumbles over or sometimes slurs his words. He's not drunk. He has post concussion issues. In other words, a long term brain injury. That's all I ever read when Matt does a CFL game. Over & over & over. That Matt must've been hanging out at the Rum Hut & he's drunk. The guy has issues with his memory. Some people here can be so fricking cruel. The same people that go to war criticizing racism & prejudice make fun of Dunigan who suffers from a disability. Would the same people who laugh at Dunigan also make fun of someone in a wheelchair?? A hidden disability like a brain injury can be as bad or worse than a physical disability. Unreal. 

Anyone who has incurred a traumatic brain injury will have been strongly cautioned against any significant consumption of alcohol.

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Don't need booze with that much head trauma.

I remember a while back they sat down with Matt about his multiple concussions and how that has impacted him physically and mentally and how that has negatively impacted his relationships with his family/friends. I grew a lot more respect for him after watching that. He was very vulnerable with how it has changed him as a person going from a patient loving man to not being himself at times, more irritable, less patience etc etc.

It was a very raw moment that hit home to me, especially having a son in football. 

51 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

You honestly think Nic Demski is better than Israel Idonije?

311593496-fasttimes.gif

Did he say that? 🙄

24 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Can I give a dishonourable mention to Malik Henry? The clown bulldozes the ref and starts laughing and celebrating and doesn’t even check on the ref he steamrolled. 

The ref held his line so that he could make the call. He knew what was coming and Henry only cared that he called the TD. I just don't understand people like that. 

15 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

1. McRae. Nice find by Walters and Co.

2. Demski. Dude just balls.

3. O line . Came back with some fire in their bellies.

HH. Matty. I laughed out loud a few times. He was obviously in the Rum hut at some point.

Yeah when Matty starts calling every player "son" you know he had a few pops at half time....

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

That was one of two plays (other than the cross bar) that were make or break for us - the other one was the goal line stop by Hansen on Sask's running back.

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That was one of two plays (other than the cross bar) that were make or break for us - the other one was the goal line stop by Hansen on Sask's running back.

even if it hadnt have hit bar...trajectory was gonna be a classic Faj....high and unlikely uncatchable....plus if it was a catchable pass most likely one of BA or Taylor was gonna pick it...both were in position and moving to cut it off....too much has been made of that only if it didn't hit the bar scenario. 2 passes just before that should have been picked as well...was bound to happen on that 3rd one

53 minutes ago, JCon said:

Did he say that? 🙄

The ref held his line so that he could make the call. He knew what was coming and Henry only cared that he called the TD. I just don't understand people like that. 

He was more concerned about spinning the ball even though he ran a guy over. 

Nice