2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Well there's that bye before the western final...

Cheeky but even as 2x defending champs with a 6-0 record im still gun shy about being cocky . Comes with the territory of being so disappointed for years and years

But hey, when in rome

Edited by CodyT

On 2022-07-18 at 10:44 AM, bearpants said:

I would argue the first one is a little too late.... the team could really use a week off right about now... but yeah not having week 1 bye or the last week is definitely a plus

Particularly with 5/6 on the road in this stretch and the stupid short week where we went one side of the country to other.

conversely, Calgary basically has had a month to game plan us from the first meeting to the second. 

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Leads the league in receiving yards, too.

I was very happy when we signed him, he was a guy I wanted forever, and I thought his chemistry with Collaros would be a huge bonus but even I didn’t expect this level of dominance, very satisfied with our receiving core right now, it might be the best one we’ve had here since the early 2000’s. 

18 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I was very happy when we signed him, he was a guy I wanted forever, and I thought his chemistry with Collaros would be a huge bonus but even I didn’t expect this level of dominance, very satisfied with our receiving core right now, it might be the best one we’ve had here since the early 2000’s. 

Total opposite for me. Outside of his first couple of years he was never someone I worried about playing and felt his throw happy offences  padded his stats.

He has been great for us. Glad to be wrong.

On 2022-07-18 at 10:44 AM, bearpants said:

I would argue the first one is a little too late.... the team could really use a week off right about now... but yeah not having week 1 bye or the last week is definitely a plus

I would rather all 3 of our byes come in the last half of the season. That's when the wear and tear really kicks in.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Kenny who? JK...Lawler is awesome,, but it seems pretty obvious by the numbers this year that Ellingson is a more than capable replacement.

53 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Total opposite for me. Outside of his first couple of years he was never someone I worried about playing and felt his throw happy offences  padded his stats.

He has been great for us. Glad to be wrong.

He quietly produces. Always has. Like you I never really noticed him because he's not a flashy big play guy. Just quietly racks up the receptions and moves the sticks. Always knew he had great hands, but never realized how much he gets targeted. (looking at past stats)

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, do or die said:

Though Ellingson might work out, simply based on his success, against us, the last few years......

There was a game against Ottawa where he made circus catch after circus catch to keep Ottawa in it, including a touchdown and a two point convert to tie it late, I think we eventually won it in over time but he’s burned us on more then one occasion, really glad he’s part of the good guys now. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The guy has been an absolute beast. On pace for 1500+ yards and his seemingly psychic connection with Collaros is already otherworldly. What a signing. 

160726-miss-cleo-youree-harris-mdl.jpg

Miss Cleo told Kyle to sign Ellingson so we knew they would have a psychic connection lol...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 2022-07-17 at 8:08 PM, CodyT said:

Cheeky but even as 2x defending champs with a 6-0 record im still gun shy about being cocky .

You should definitely not be cocky.   That 6-0 record is gaudy but CFL history is littered with great regular seasons that went bust.

Right now we are one-dimensional on O .... no one can stop Collaros.  If someone figures out how to do that, or the weather kicks in, or god forbid (i'm not even going to say it, it would be so devastating) we are hooped.

14 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

There was a game against Ottawa where he made circus catch after circus catch to keep Ottawa in it, including a touchdown and a two point convert to tie it late, I think we eventually won it in over time but he’s burned us on more then one occasion, really glad he’s part of the good guys now. 

I was at that game and it seemed then that the Bombers always lost when I attended.  We lost 44-21.  Trevor Harris went 29/39 for 361.  Powell rushed for over 100 and Ellingson caught 8 for 100 yds.

August 17, 2018.

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore/ottawa-redblacks-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers-2018081701

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I was at that game and it seemed then that the Bombers always lost when I attended.  We lost 44-21.  Trevor Harris went 29/39 for 361.  Powell rushed for over 100 and Ellingson caught 8 for 100 yds.

August 17, 2018.

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore/ottawa-redblacks-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers-2018081701

I must be getting my memories mixed up but the particular game I was thinking of was against Ottawa the same season in October we won 40-32 in over time but Ellington had the touchdown and 2 point convert to tie it late before we eventually won in over time. But that goes to show how good He is we can’t even pin point the exact game in the same season!

Apparently we tried hard to sign him when he was a FA but he ended up going to Edmonton(probably due to Harris signing there also). Man if we would have gotten him back in 2019 we could be back-to-back Grey Cup champs right now.......

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Ikr. 

ellingson has been a beast. We finally signed a good imp vet we and made it work! 

We have had a number of import receivers that didn’t work out. Just yesterday I was thinking about that guy that was given a free truck with his name all over it. Nick Moore he was promising. A kind of disappointment. He went back to BC after being on our squad for two seasons. Finished the 2017 season in week 4 celebrating a TD and tearing an ACL in the process. Being nicked his career was No Moore. 

24 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Nick Moore, Adarius Bowman, Chris Matthews, Ryan "glitch catch" Smth ...Before Ellingson, Dressler was the only FA who wasn't bit by the Bomber veteran import receiver curse...

Evening going back to kamau incompleterson Wayne mcgarity etc. it’s a real short list of vet wrs that worked out. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Evening going back to kamau incompleterson Wayne mcgarity etc. it’s a real short list of vet wrs that worked out. 

Call it the Geroy Simon curse.

Arland Bruce curse makes more sense. 

Edited by Jesse