2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

I know we like to use the next man up mentality here, and I have no problems with Clements stepping in to Wilsons spot as every indication has shown he more than capable, and also isnt a rookie and has experience in 2021...but who backs him up??....and seeing as we passed on Awe and the released Alloutte player perhaps team knows the Wilson injury isnt season ending and not as bad as many feared?...hopefully so as I know Osh says all guys on roster are there cause they are capable and starter quality, but last year when we used Gauthier and Briggs in that spot...we were significantly and noticeably weaker and less dominant

9 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Team colours looked drab back then. I remember Pitts working at Eatons after his playing days with the Bombers. 

OMG, it wasn’t Pitts that worked at Eatons, it was Ed Ulmer. Gosh I’m stunned - demented. 

i have spoke to the doctor about Alzheimer’s. He told me to go home and forget about it. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I know we like to use the next man up mentality here, and I have no problems with Clements stepping in to Wilsons spot as every indication has shown he more than capable, and also isnt a rookie and has experience in 2021...but who backs him up??....and seeing as we passed on Awe and the released Alloutte player perhaps team knows the Wilson injury isnt season ending and not as bad as many feared?...hopefully so as I know Osh says all guys on roster are there cause they are capable and starter quality, but last year when we used Gauthier and Briggs in that spot...we were significantly and noticeably weaker and less dominant

Maybe they've liked Mauro there...

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Perhaps they like Mauro. Perhaps Briggs is back soon and they like him. I'm with Booch though, would like to see some options brought in.

thats Osh's one fault in my opinion...almost too much loyalty to guys based on fact they been here a while, and feels like he owes it to them or something...when we were running sets out there with Briggs and Gauthier together, and solo....we were noticeably weaker...and teams targeted it...It's nice to reward guys and be loyal....but it's also a business of winning, and continually getting better....and at times it seems we miss the boat on that and rather do the status quo.

I forgot about Mauro and actually like his game and what I have seen of him...athletic and motor never quits, and even though he is technically a "global" he has the same college and amateur developing as most imports....so his learning curve is more on par with them...and he's not a rook...so should have grasp of the system and it's responsibilities now and can react as opposed to think

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

OMG, it wasn’t Pitts that worked at Eatons, it was Ed Ulmer. Gosh I’m stunned - demented. 

i have spoke to the doctor about Alzheimer’s. He told me to go home and forget about it. 

Pitts last played for Dave Skrien and the leos until his fateful trip down south, when his estranged wife shot him....Ernie should have finished up a Bomber

10 hours ago, JCon said:

RIP Jim Van Pelt. 

I sometimes think we overlook and take for granted how important Joe Pascucci’s impact is on the Blue Bomber legacy. Saved up all the old archival tapes from his time at Global (then CKND) and gives us a living history of the Bombers (and Jets) that otherwise would have been lost to the dustbin of time. Big shout out to him for seeing the value in the old footage and keeping the memories alive. 

And the best part of that video was the newspaper headline shown at the end. 🤣

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ah, that's so sad. What he might have done had he stayed in Winnipeg. 

Wouldn't have made Kenny too happy lol......although I remember quite well at the time that Ploen was a little disgruntled BUT he was always there and available for back-up....what a duo we had

On 2022-07-07 at 10:49 AM, Booch said:

Maybe they slide Hansen back to wil in that case? Maybe Mack slides back he’s 235 light for a de unless you’re Gavin walls freak strong.  Maybe they roll double db and put Rutledge at wil he’s huge for a db. 

Just now, Booch said:

yeah....look to see some not seen yet this year movement of players....willie and Jeffcoat dropping off....some switching up of the LB duties....Rourke won't see standard fare stuff

Bomber fandom aside, this match up of rourke vs the bombers D is the most exciting and interesting match up of the season pre LD. We have a versatility that allows us to do things other teams can't. Willy, biggie, and BA are unique. I wish this wasn't a short week game for us, and I wish BA was healthy. 

The week 19 version of this game could be the game of the year. I expect both sides to be healthy or well developed in their injury replacements, both teams get 1 week between games, And I expect it to be an impactful game for the standings. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Bomber fandom aside, this match up of rourke vs the bombers D is the most exciting and interesting match up of the season pre LD. We have a versatility that allows us to do things other teams can't. Willy, biggie, and BA are unique. I wish this wasn't a short week game for us, and I wish BA was healthy. 

The week 19 version of this game could be the game of the year. I expect both sides to be healthy or well developed in their injury replacements, both teams get 1 week between games, And I expect it to be an impactful game for the standings. 

yeah that one will be the tone setter for the playoffs