2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

50 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Until a Kent Austin-type passer comes along. 

The game doesn't allow for pure pocket passers anymore, just no time to sit in there. Unless you have an arm like Dieter Brock and can take a 9 step drop. 

42 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What makes Zach so great is how cool and calm he is in the pocket, his pocket awareness is second to none in the CFL, he’s not the quickest QB by far but the way he can move around the pocket, keep his eyes down field, and not let the heat get to him while he throws makes him special, and unique from anything or anyone the CFL has to offer at the QB position right now. 

I would challenge that BLM when healthy has been just as mobile but in a much more economical way than Zach, he is a master at avoiding the rush by taking a few quick steps to find space before resetting, this is one of his top assets.  He's a better downfield passer than Collaros, but not as good throwing the ball on the run especially when rolling left, no QB does that better than Zach, excluding Flutie.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I agree with that... not saying he would necessarily be a superstar... just a curious "what if" about a player that showed potential but was in a bad situation.

You want to talk "what ifs?"

What if Zach signed here instead of with Hamilton in the first place and we never have to experience Willy or Nichols.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

I would challenge that BLM when healthy has been just as mobile but in a much more economical way than Zach, he is a master at avoiding the rush by taking a few quick steps to find space before resetting, this is one of his top assets.  He's a better downfield passer than Collaros, but not as good throwing the ball on the run especially when rolling left, no QB does that better than Zach, excluding Flutie.

BLM doesnt have the escapability of ZC...what he does really well when he is healthy is have that natural pocket instinct to hang in there and take that critical step or two up into the pocket to let his play develop downfield, ar do a slight side step to give him a spot to throw...whereas ZC has that incredible ability to run around...and change direction of his scramble to the opposite direction all the while with eyes down field on receivers, and not losing where they are to make those hug throws to keep drives going...it's almost uncanny

58 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

The throwing accurately and with velocity to an open receiver 8 yards downfield at the sideline while falling down is definitely a ZC thing that BLM wouldn't do.

Mitchell was/is effective when all is perfect. He does not do well in adversity.

7 hours ago, Booch said:

BLM doesnt have the escapability of ZC...what he does really well when he is healthy is have that natural pocket instinct to hang in there and take that critical step or two up into the pocket to let his play develop downfield, ar do a slight side step to give him a spot to throw...whereas ZC has that incredible ability to run around...and change direction of his scramble to the opposite direction all the while with eyes down field on receivers, and not losing where they are to make those hug throws to keep drives going...it's almost uncanny

Suitor was saying Saturday that Collaros reminds him of Doug Flutie, If I was going to compare ZC to any qb of the past, it's Tom Clements hands down. They play the game very similar. 

I went back and watched a bunch of Clements games over the past couple years and yeah, I agree.  Clements was a slippery guy and his field vision was so good that he could always find the open man and get the ball there.

I think Collaros is a better passer than Clements was, though.  Collaros' accuracy is something special, up there in the Ricky Ray tier as far as CFL guys go, and ZC definitely can put more mustard on the ball than TC could.

Hell, I think Hufnagel had a way better arm than Clements did, he put up some beauty rainbows in his day, but he didn't have Clements' uncanny radar and playmaking ability.

35 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I went back and watched a bunch of Clements games over the past couple years and yeah, I agree.  Clements was a slippery guy and his field vision was so good that he could always find the open man and get the ball there.

I think Collaros is a better passer than Clements was, though.  Collaros' accuracy is something special, up there in the Ricky Ray tier as far as CFL guys go, and ZC definitely can put more mustard on the ball than TC could.

Hell, I think Hufnagel had a way better arm than Clements did, he put up some beauty rainbows in his day, but he didn't have Clements' uncanny radar and playmaking ability.

Clements uncanny ability to extend plays was the same as Collaros. Both were/are so much fun to watch. 

9 hours ago, johnzo said:

The one thing I notice about all great QB's is that they seem to be smart individuals, not a dummy in the bunch.  Brain power is more important to the QB position than the strength of the arm.  In this regard, Fajardo seems to be a happy-go-lucky-half-wit.

11 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The one thing I notice about all great QB's is that they seem to be smart individuals, not a dummy in the bunch.  Brain power is more important to the QB position than the strength of the arm.  In this regard, Fajardo seems to be a happy-go-lucky-half-wit.

Yeah but his toughness is off the charts... just ask him!

No other QB in this league right now has an arm in the same realm as Collaros.  Rourke can throw rainbows if he has time to torque his entire body.

Collaros can throw a 35 yard rope that lands like a pillow on a full roll to his left as a right handed QB like the 2nd Schoen TD.  Fajardo or Harris or MBT can't make that pass with unlimited time in a clean pocket.

32 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Tom Clements. Remarkable intellect, I think. University at Notre Dame grad. While still in the CFL he graduated Juris Doctor degree magma cum laude from Notre Dame Law school in 1986. I don’t know what all the educational accomplishment means but it sure sounds ****** impressive and I guess he’s trained as a lawyer. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Intelligence is the #1 thing I want out of any QB. Physical tools are whatever...if you can't figure out how to read a defense, you're useless to me.