2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Nothing personal and we are in a bind with injuries, but this guy has literally never shown anything for us.

Underwhelming. I’d rather have seen one of the other camp guys come back. 

Dude is the new Charles Nelson 

I would've preferred to see one of the Jacksons back... Lucky or Blake... but maybe they weren't available... or this crazy thought... maybe the back-to-back champ coaching staff and management know more that I do... 😂

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I would've preferred to see one of the Jacksons back... Lucky or Blake... but maybe they weren't available... or this crazy thought... maybe the back-to-back champ coaching staff and management know more that I do... 😂

No when it comes to Kelvin McKnight.  😁

sorry, just a bit underwhelmed is all.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

He might technically run good routes (in practice?), but he doesn’t get separation and he doesn’t catch the ball. 

Hard to get excited 

I was at TC for one day and he was getting a lot of separation and catching everything. He was hurt during most of camp after that though. I dont recall him ever having issues with his hands.

I was hopeful that he could take the next step as a 2nd year receiver but never got the opportunity. He might now

yeah he had no issues catching ever...just did nothing after the catch, and was getting balls in a situation to basically be swarmed....much like what happened with Lucky in 2019...so yes was kinda underwhelming...maybe this time around we could be whelmed?...is that a thing?

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I was at TC for one day and he was getting a lot of separation and catching everything. He was hurt during most of camp after that though. I dont recall him ever having issues with his hands.

I was hopeful that he could take the next step as a 2nd year receiver but never got the opportunity. He might now

I care more about the zero he has done in games. 

He doesn’t get open or catch passes in games.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah he had no issues catching ever...just did nothing after the catch, and was getting balls in a situation to basically be swarmed....much like what happened with Lucky this year...so yes was kinda underwhelming...maybe this time around we could be whelmed?...is that a thing?

He has had balls go his way. He doesn’t catch them. 

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

He might technically run good routes (in practice?), but he doesn’t get separation and he doesn’t catch the ball. 

Hard to get excited 

He’s tiny and slow. Guys with his mix of skill set and physical tools almost never succeed. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

He caught 15 of 21 last year. That's more than adequate. 

The huge majority were screen passes for nil. 

Longest completion is 11 yards with 6.4 yard per catch. 

56 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I would bet 95% of those were uncontested. 

Dude sucks. But, people insisted Nelson was actually a good returner as well. 

I'm not a huge fan other signing either. Mostly because he wasn't put into a position to do much, and there's likely a reason for it. I was simply pointing out that you saying he doesn't catch the ball when thrown at him...or He has had balls go his way. He doesn’t catch them.  isn't true. he has indeed caught...now you're moving the goal posts.

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He’s tiny and slow. Guys with his mix of skill set and physical tools almost never succeed. 

The huge majority were screen passes for nil. 

Longest completion is 11 yards with 6.4 yard per catch. 

I was simply addressing the notion that he has bad hands. That's not the case.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not a huge fan other signing either. Mostly because he wasn't put into a position to do much, and there's likely a reason for it. I was simply pointing out that you saying he doesn't catch the ball when thrown at him...or He has had balls go his way. He doesn’t catch them.  isn't true. he has indeed caught...now you're moving the goal posts.

I was simply addressing the notion that he has bad hands. That's not the case.

We can’t really asses his hands given what we’ve seen but I have also seen no reason to believe he has the hands or any thing else to make up for his lack of athleticism and size. 

imo he got more opportunity than agudosi or schoen. 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Then you havent lived my friend

That bloody thorax again. Didnt know Gray was half ant.

It al makes sense now. He’s antman and has to go finish making his new movie. Mos you sly dog. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We can’t really asses his hands given what we’ve seen but I have also seen no reason to believe he has the hands or any thing else to make up for his lack of athleticism and size. 

imo he got more opportunity than agudosi or schoen. 

It al makes sense now. He’s antman and has to go finish making his new movie. Mos you sly dog. 

He's absolutely not gotten the same opportunity as Schoen lol. Much more than Agudosi though. I'm hopeful he doesn't actually see the field in any meaningful games though.

59 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He's absolutely not gotten the same opportunity as Schoen lol. Much more than Agudosi though. I'm hopeful he doesn't actually see the field in any meaningful games though.

He played one more game than schoen at a time when our wr core was struggling much more and with as many or more injuries. 

when McKnight first came on the roster demski was hurt adams was hurt and lawler was hurt. He played when all those guys were out or banged up and woli was banged up for part of it too. Bailey was struggling mightily with his hands and adams did too when he came back. 

we ran a bunch of screens and stuff called for McKnight. We don’t run a lot of plays designed for schoen. 

The difference is what schoen has done with his opportunity. Namely get open and catch every thing. He’s been able to stretch the field and do damage after the catch. 

8 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I hope he manages to get into a game or two so he can qualify for the pension.