Bombers Trade for Matt Nichols

Jpan85

Well I gotta say in a week where we were starting to doubt our management they at least are showing they refuse to give up...

Sign Walker - not great, but an area of need and can contribute...

Trade for Nichols - see above...

front runners to sign Lemon - fingers crossed on this one...

He's no elite guy, but he is a proven starter, knows the league, the teams, and the schemes that defences run and what to look for so is far better than our two rookies (Marve and Davis) and will allow us a chance to win and actually run a similar offence to what we did with Willy when we had some success.

Still needs tweaking, and maybe we can do that more with a veteran presence as opposed to quarterbacks still learning the CFL game. 

I would hope too that they don't give up on Marve and this may allow him to learn and develop more at the least as a third stringer when Willy comes back, or battle a new guy come spring.

If Picard comes back this weekend and plays with fire against old mates (maybe he has been nicked all year and thus was sub par as he played well first few games) Adams back in at reciever and a mix of Marshall, Walker used to his strengths and the continued improvement of the defence we may just turn it around.

And if they add a Lemon and a dash of Jasper our defence will be even better than anything we have putting out to date.

He's no elite guy, but he is a proven starter, knows the league, the teams, and the schemes that defences run and what to look for so is far better than our two rookies (Marve and Davis) and will allow us a chance to win and actually run a similar offence to what we did with Willy when we had some success.

Still needs tweaking, and maybe we can do that more with a veteran presence as opposed to quarterbacks still learning the CFL game.

I would hope too that they don't give up on Marve and this may allow him to learn and develop more at the least as a third stringer when Willy comes back, or battle a new guy come spring.

If Picard comes back this weekend and plays with fire against old mates (maybe he has been nicked all year and thus was sub par as he played well first few games) Adams back in at reciever and a mix of Marshall, Walker used to his strengths and the continued improvement of the defence we may just turn it around.

And if they add a Lemon and a dash of Jasper our defence will be even better than anything we have putting out to date.

Maybe they can even get a bit Wild too

ah yes...forgot about Wild. Things could be looking up. And I don't think that comments about desperation and losing faith in "all" our quartebacks is soley true.

A good team/GM will do whatever they can to try and upgrade during the season and due to injuries, and acquiring Nichols is an upgrade to what we can field at the moment at the QB position so I applaud Walters for this and doing what he could, with what was available to be given up. 

Plus, he will be a more than adequate back-up to Willy moving forward while we develop a 3rd stringer to hopefully push, or supplant Willy down the road...ala Harris in Toronto has been groomed

I'm OK with this move. 7th round in 2017 is very cheap and pretty sure most will forget at 2017 CFL draft why we dont have 7th rnd pick.

I guess the expected changes will be:

IN:

Nicholls,

Simmons,

Walker,

Lemon

Adams

OUT:

Brohm (will be released later this week? ;) )

Littlejohn

T.Thomas

Peach (will be released too)

Gordon

I'm OK with this move. 7th round in 2017 is very cheap and pretty sure most will forget at 2017 CFL draft why we dont have 7th rnd pick.

I guess the expected changes will be:

IN:

Nicholls,

Simmons,

Walker,

Lemon

Adams

OUT:

Brohm (will be released later this week? ;) )

Littlejohn

T.Thomas

Peach (will be released too)

Gordon

Apparently Peach’s salary is now guaranteed for the rest of the season, so he’ll be here all year.