Bombers Trade for Matt Nichols

Jpan85

Like the trade but Nichols in a Bellefuile offence will last maybe two games.

I'd say Marve is done after his post-game interview and comments about no explosive plays...  he'll be punished like Elliot was for speaking his mind.

I'll believe it when Brohm is actually cut.

Not defending MB but Willy would routinely throw for 300 yards plus... I dunno if it's the play calling, or if it's the QB's really.. I'd honestly say that with the way Marve played last game and for that matter the second half vs the argos, I'm not sure the greatest OC in the history of Football could have done much differently. I get that it's easy to rip the OC and i for one am going to be a happy guy when MB is fired but at the same time, when your QB can't throw more than 5 yards accurately and gets happy feet in the pocket and basically walks in to the opposing teams players, what can you do really.

Marve sucked last game, Like honestly, That was Jason Boltus type sucking. 

I would seriously consider Buck over Brohm at this point....IF Gale has been released in T.O. give him a call...Anything and anyone at the moment looks better than the gopher killer..

Interesting you'd say that.  I was wondering if there was any chance whatsoever in Buck possibly being considered...or if he was in reasonable shape.  He'd obviously know the offense and was a talented QB...has to be better than Brohm....

Also a very good move to make, Nicholls sucks but not nearly as bad as Brohm.

Nicholls has actually won games in this league and thrown TD passes.. i believe he's 5-2 as a starter.. Marve and Brohm as starters haven't won a game  yet. They are 0 for...

That last game last year vs Calgary, Brohm started, Marve came in when he got hurt... They are 0 for as starters and suck really badly.

Nicholls isn't the greatest but he's 10000 x better than both Brohm and Marve combined. 

Nicholls is a capable yet unspectacular QB who has actually lasted a while in this league... I don't like this comparisons to other players.. It's ridiculous really. The guy has shown he can get the job done... He's not the best, nope, but as a backup to Willy moving forward... Nothing wrong with that..

He's got experience and to quote enzo amore from wwe NXT... You can't teach that. 

I thought a few years back that Nichols was a pretty effective QB.  He's had 2 consecutive season ending injuries the last couple years, and this is the first in a while he's managed to stay healthy.   Before the big injuries, I thought he showed real promise.  If he can stay upright, I can see him doing just fine here.  And the fact that I'll get to frame the article about Brohm being released (sadly going to be a high point in this season) makes this all the better!

Lord knows we needed some qb help but the past injury problems are a concern, hopefully that trend doesn't continue.

I'd honestly suspect that if you actually dig deep enough with QB's or any football player for that matter that at one point or time, they all had some serious injury problems. 

Hey, Marve doesn't have an ACL really... maybe both... I dunno. 

But really, Every QB for sure at one time or another suffered a serious injury and if they haven't  yet, they eventually will.

The injury issues aren't really a concern to me. 

I'm OK with this move. 7th round in 2017 is very cheap and pretty sure most will forget at 2017 CFL draft why we dont have 7th rnd pick.

I guess the expected changes will be:

IN:

Nicholls,

Simmons,

Walker,

Lemon

Adams

OUT:

Brohm (will be released later this week? ;) )

Littlejohn

T.Thomas

Peach (will be released too)

Gordon

Oooh. My nipples are hard....

I'm OK with this move. 7th round in 2017 is very cheap and pretty sure most will forget at 2017 CFL draft why we dont have 7th rnd pick.

IN:

Nicholls,

Simmons,

Walker,

Lemon

Adams

OUT:

Littlejohn

T.Thomas

Gordon

any word on Wild?

IN:

Nicholls,

Simmons,

Walker,

Lemon

Adams

OUT:

Littlejohn

T.Thomas

Gordon

Did I miss the Lemon signing?

IN:

Nicholls,

Simmons,

Walker,

Lemon

Adams

OUT:

Littlejohn

T.Thomas

Gordon

I was going to say the same thing.  I don't remember us signing Lemon yet.  Don't jump the gun guys.

IN:

Nicholls,

Simmons,

Walker,

Lemon

Adams

OUT:

Littlejohn

T.Thomas

Gordon

any word on Wild?

Like none at all, wonder if he might get a PR spot with the steelers but not sure guys released on the first cutdown date get that, might be looking at other NFL options still. 

IN:

Nicholls,

Simmons,

Walker,

Lemon

Adams

OUT:

Littlejohn

T.Thomas

Gordon

I thought he was, at most, average when he played for us. I haven't been following him at all since he left. I assume he's improved his play to warrant this type of attention?