2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

JA is NOT the answer..... but there are plenty of Americans who could be, for sure. 

The other thing is, if he wants to go to another team and remain a star. Hope they show a commitment to running the ball like winnipeg has..

Andrew had a long career in winnipeg.  Who knows how that works out on other teams 

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

JA is NOT the answer..... but there are plenty of Americans who could be, for sure. 

The two running backs in Calgary. Ka'Deem Carey & Dedrick Mills. They have another back as well who is also a returner. One of those guys would do quite well here.

18 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I am not sure why Brady is looking for top money? He wasnt even MOP for gosh sakes. 

I think Brady needs to take a second to think about all the players around him that made him successful. If he ends up going somewhere else with a **** offensive line he's going to have a lot of trouble.

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not so many 225 lb. line brawlers available, but lots of smaller scat backs like Chevon Walker and Mizell in BC that can't get the job done anymore.  Need that power game.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Anyone else find this kind of comment annoying?

Not here if he is only thinking about money ✌🏻

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Has Brady been listening to his old pal Andrew....IF he has and thinks by going down the road Harris took when he left the club, ..welll in my opinion, it's the wrong choice.....I really like the kid and appreciate what he's done for the club but I hope he's not sandbagging himself as far as we're concerned....Sure the 'sky is the limit' BUT this is the CFL and I don't see the nfl breaking down his door for him to play down there  

This is nonsense. 

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

His 5.8 yards per carry over 5 seasons with us says otherwise.     

I like Augustine. I actually think he has game breaking ability. That being said I'm not convinced he has the grit to get the tough yards. Maybe a committee could work.

I won't say running backs are a dime a dozen but I'd say the talent out of the usa is typically vastly better. Running back being no exception. As good as Olivera is and has been, I imagine there's plenty of Americans that could fill the role.

That being said, I like Brady. Home town kid . Good for the franchise. And seems like a good dude too. He deserves to get his BUT the comment does rub people the wrong way, myself included

What other team would 1. Give him the cash he wants and in turn 2. Use him as much as we did. 

I was a fan of Brady but recently I’m seeing more and more greed and just delusions from him. Ppl blaming the agent, the agent does what his client tells him to do. It’s always hilarious when ppl blame the agents who are paid by their clients to do what their clients want them to do. 200k? I don’t know if I’d go more than 150k. It seems Brady has developed a bit of a fat inflated head and ego. I think he’s gonna quickly realize. 1. No nfl team wants you. If they did, you’d have workouts planned and 2. 200k isn’t gonna happen. No other team will build their O around this guy. Honestly I don’t think any other cfl team signs him. I think he’s gonna quickly realize the only team who will offer him maybe 150k is us but reality is we might be the only team who offers him anything.  I honestly don’t see other cfl teams spending money on this guy when those other teams problems isn’t Canadian running back. Give me a Charles Roberts type of back and that dude hits 2000 yards running last season. 

Edited by Goalie

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What other team would 1. Give him the cash he wants and in turn 2. Use him as much as we did. 

I was a fan of Brady but recently I’m seeing more and more greed and just delusions from him. Ppl blaming the agent, the agent does what his client tells him to do. It’s always hilarious when ppl blame the agents who are paid by their clients to do what their clients want them to do. 200k? I don’t know if I’d go more than 150k. It seems Brady has developed a bit of a fat inflated head and ego. I think he’s gonna quickly realize. 1. No nfl team wants you. If they did, you’d have workouts planned and 2. 200k isn’t gonna happen. No other team will build their O around this guy. Honestly I don’t think any other cfl team signs him. I think he’s gonna quickly realize the only team who will offer him maybe 150k is us but reality is we might be the only team who offers him anything.  I honestly don’t see other cfl teams spending money on this guy when those other teams problems isn’t Canadian running back. Give me a Charles Roberts type of back and that dude hits 2000 yards running last season. 

If you don't think there will be other teams making offers to him, you might be the delusional one.  Will he get the market reset he's hoping for?  I doubt it but you're dreaming if you think coming back here will be his only option.  I mean the Argos over-paid for an aging Andrew Harris so why wouldn't they for Brady who's entering his prime?  There are other teams desperate to win (hello Regina & Ottawa) that would take him in a heart beat.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

If you don't think there will be other teams making offers to him, you might be the delusional one.  Will he get the market reset he's hoping for?  I doubt it but you're dreaming if you think coming back here will be his only option.  I mean the Argos over-paid for an aging Andrew Harris so why wouldn't they for Brady who's entering his prime?  There are other teams desperate to win (hello Regina & Ottawa) that would take him in a heart beat.

And as we know now, it was Brady that the Argos wanted initially, but when he chose to re sign in Winnipeg, the Argos took the leftover Harris. So they definitely see value in him. Just a matter of whether they feel comfortable going with Ouellette.

Harris was more of a mentor in T.O.....I doubt they are after another one in Brady as Ouellette seems to be filling the bill there....Brady O is going to have a tough road to sign anywhere in this league for 200K ....other priorities will dictate that....Somebody like Jonesie in edm. might throw that kind of cash at him, as he seems to have a penchant for that BUT I think MBT has swallowed up most of his play money for 24' ...Ottawa could make an offer but as I see things right now, that's where players careers go to die or suffer badly...Sets up some interesting negotiations for Walters concerning Brady O

Edited by Stickem

Just now, Stickem said:

Harris was more of a mentor in T.O.....I doubt they are after another one in Brady as Ouellette seems to be filling the bill there....Brady O is going to have a tough road to sign anywhere in this league for 200K ....other priorities will dictate that....Somebody like Jonesie in edm. might through that kind of cash at him as he seems to have a penchant for that BUT I think MBT has swallowed up most of his play money for 24' ...Ottawa could make an offer but as I see things right now, that's where players careers go to die or suffer badly...Sets up some interesting negotiations for Walters concerning Brady O

I think that's how it worked out, but they certainly didn't pay him those big dollars to just stand on the sidelines and watch. They wanted the every-down back that Harris was 5 years ago. 

The issue at his position is the likelihood of injury and availability of replacements.  The guys at that position turn over in all leagues every 3ish years.  Nobody wants to commit a ton of money when most years teams need 2-3 or more guys to get through a season at that spot.

The only place I could see him be the kind of missing piece is BC.  But they will have to spend a lot to keep their D somewhat intact.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think that's how it worked out, but they certainly didn't pay him those big dollars to just stand on the sidelines and watch. They wanted the every-down back that Harris was 5 years ago. 

Yeah....but it didn't happen AND when you come right down to it Andrew was nic'd and out of the lineup for quite a stretch....most likely why we insisted on him having a thorough medical before signing him, which is why his nose got out of joint ( and no, that was not an injury)

I would think that his recent twitter comments may rub more than a few players the wrong way too. A lot of the guys in the Bomber locker room have taken less money to come back here for the betterment of the team. Passing up more cash elsewhere to win with their brothers. And then youve got BO throwing up money bag emojis online essentially teasing about going to the highest bidder. Not great optics and bound to irritate the guys who have done the complete opposite for the better of the team.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti