Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

10 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Epic flop...fail? Jeezus give the hyperbole a rest. We were a better game plan away from our 3rd Grey Cup in 4 years. I am as unhappy about yesterday's result as anyone but calling this year an epic flop seems nonsensical to me. We had a great year...just came up an inch short.

we didn't win...didnt show up.....and made dumn roster move in biggesrt game against a one dimensional team...so yup...epic flop....call it what u like....but thats how I see it....flamed out 2 straight yrs now...so something obviously wrong, or needs to be changed/switched up....as excuses are for losers with the one play away....better gamee plan away....different scheme away...thats an excuse for losing...plain and simple...and excuses don;t cut it with me

39 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Man, I was listening to some post game coverage yesterday.

Zach mentioned that bailey was playing through a hamstring tear. Schoen was obviously limited. Demski hadn't been able to practice in weeks.

Just had a full receiving core full of limping, half-speed bodies. No wonder Zach couldn't find anyone.

and right back to piss poor roster management.....thats the sole reason.....plain and simple...we sent out 4 gimps...rostered a useless fullback....and had wrong bodies out there for what we needed to shut down a poor QB

I almost think Grant too was playing well below 100 percent...another fail

We had a healthy Bolo...I dont think he even saw the field...We had healthy Ambles...whos been there and done that, and would have had to take attention from MTL db's....we had Alston...who MTLhad no film on and could have been a huge unknowm X factor and at the bare minimum would have drawn coverage and made plays....we went in to the biggest...probably the most defining game of this era....and failed....due to the HC....thats the facts....and trying to spin it any other way is just a load of crap....for a team that boasted all this depth, and they all number 1's...I sure didnt see it, and we sure seemed afraid to use these other number 1's

23 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Talking about injuries on offence not defence. No one is giving the D a free pass. You take Bailey, Schoen, and Demski out of your lineup and replace the with a healthy McCrae, Grant, and BOLO and things wouldn't have gone much better and that's not a knock on those 3 guys. That is just an enormous hill to climb. Brady was being spied all game long coming out of the back field. We tried moving him into the flats quite a bit if you watch the replay, they covered him well....and yes, and injury can definitely prevent you from making play. That's kind of exactly what happened actually. Look when a receiver is unable to make certain cuts, or run certain routes, DBs figure that out really quickly and it gives them a big advantage. The kind of advantage that results in interceptions if Zac tries to push the issue.

Where Buck's game plan really sucked was in not stretching the field sideline to sideline and that is where the usage of Grant and McCrae could have benefitted us the most. Might have given our banged up guys a bit more space to operate, and when you have an LBI you need that room. At the end of the day though, 3 red zone turnovers took points of the board. BO's fumble and 2 INTs. We clean that up and we would have hung 35 on them. We actually drove the ball decently considering.

Hard to stretch field with only 1 guy, and have 3 others who couldnt get any separation other than a short release pass....and then were next to no threat once they had the ball...Mcrae obviously would have been no use as he didnt tie his shoes up for WF and if he was good to go, you would think Osh would have dressed him....and if he was healthy...and we didnt...another epic fail with roster...Grant as well I highly suspect was not full bore either...was very noticeable

After the benefit of two days hindsight, giving up a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 5 against Cody Fajardo to lose the Grey Cup is about the single dumbest thing I can think of. I can't believe the team put themselves in that situation and I hope they wear the cone of shame all winter for it.

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

After the benefit of two days hindsight, giving up a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 5 against Cody Fajardo to lose the Grey Cup is about the single dumbest thing I can think of. I can't believe the team put themselves in that situation and I hope they wear the stone of shame all winter for it.

homer-simpson.gif

14 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Taken from another site. Are these accurate?

Collaros playoffs as a Bomber -
9 starts 6 tds 8 ints 1854 yards(206 yards per game) 144/209 (68.89%, 8.87 ypa)

I posted that break down earlier in this thread. Yes, that’s his play off stats as a bomber. They’re terrible. He maybe had 1 solid game stats wise. 

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Unpopular take:

Trashing Fajardo is a very bad look right now.

He came in as a massive underdog. Rallied his team around him in classic "us against the world and F them anyway because they all hate us" fashion. He went 81%, 290 3&1. With everything on the line, he rushed 13 yards on 2nd and a mile. On 3rd and 5 he went for 31 and followed that with a GC winning score for 19 yards on the next play.

Bash him all you want, but you can never say that he didn't execute the epic dream of any kid who ever picks up a football to the letter.

You’re right. He won, no one gets to bag on him. I bet if I broke down his play off stats and compared em to zachs as a bomber people’s head would explode. 

49 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I have no doubt we were banged up at receiver but we had guys we could have used instead.  Did BOLO even see the field?  Ambles was brought in for this exact scenario and wasn't dressed.  Grant started the game at receiver but I didn't notice him there after that.  The options were there and we chose not to use them.  

The decision to let these all these guys play in their condition was a failure of the coaching staff and the players themselves. 

Exactly. Biggie hobbling around only to get absolutely torched was on coaching. 

Brutal decision 

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

Exactly. Biggie hobbling around only to get absolutely torched was on coaching. 

Brutal decision 

I can guarantee you if you asked MOS in hindsight would he have made the same decision in starting AB and DS, he's answer would be:

'Absolutely without hesitation.' 

31 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I can guarantee you if you asked MOS in hindsight would he have made the same decision in starting AB and DS, he's answer would be:

yeah.....the loyalty factor can only go so far.....Those decisions to play injured players hurt this club in the most important game of the year.....The coach will have to wear that one

Roster management or not, and this is absolutely undeniable, we were in fantastic position to win that game if we simply don`t let Fajardo beat us on a last minute drive. Guys on here can scream until they are blue in the face about coaching, or Zac`s play, or roster management and none of that mattered at that point. None. It came down to poor coverage to allow a 30 yard gain on 3rd and 5,  and to let CoFaj scamper for 13 the play before. All the other **** is just white noise as to why we lost that game. It was there for the taking and our D crapped the bed in the final minute.  We allowed a CoFaj offence to drive 83 yards to win that game. Biggie cost us nothing in that drive, nor did Zac, the receivers or anything else. Just people trying to set their agendas now by overlooking the obvious fact that our roster, no matter how banged up, was good enough for 59 minutes of that game and our own mistakes lost us that game.

15 minutes ago, Stickem said:

yeah.....the loyalty factor can only go so far.....Those decisions to play injured players hurt this club in the most important game of the year.....The coach will have to wear that one

It hurt us,  but it is not why we lost. We still could have should have and were in position to win that game.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I have no doubt we were banged up at receiver but we had guys we could have used instead.  Did BOLO even see the field?  Ambles was brought in for this exact scenario and wasn't dressed.  Grant started the game at receiver but I didn't notice him there after that.  The options were there and we chose not to use them.  

The decision to let these all these guys play in their condition was a failure of the coaching staff and the players themselves. 

I guess we can all second guess now,  but is Ambles on a couple weeks learning curve better than Bailey or Schoen at 80%, is BOLO better than Demski at 80%....pretty easy to pick the carcass now but I am not sure I make a different decision receiver wise. Biggie was the big mistake because Clements had clearly demonstrated he could fill that gap easily if Biggie wasn`t absolutely 100.

31 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Roster management or not, and this is absolutely undeniable, we were in fantastic position to win that game if we simply don`t let Fajardo beat us on a last minute drive. Guys on here can scream until they are blue in the face about coaching, or Zac`s play, or roster management and none of that mattered at that point. None. It came down to poor coverage to allow a 30 yard gain on 3rd and 5,  and to let CoFaj scamper for 13 the play before. All the other **** is just white noise as to why we lost that game. It was there for the taking and our D crapped the bed in the final minute.  We allowed a CoFaj offence to drive 83 yards to win that game. Biggie cost us nothing in that drive, nor did Zac, the receivers or anything else. Just people trying to set their agendas now by overlooking the obvious fact that our roster, no matter how banged up, was good enough for 59 minutes of that game and our own mistakes lost us that game.

It hurt us,  but it is not why we lost. We still could have should have and were in position to win that game.

I guess we can all second guess now,  but is Ambles on a couple weeks learning curve better than Bailey or Schoen at 80%, is BOLO better than Demski at 80%....pretty easy to pick the carcass now but I am not sure I make a different decision receiver wise. Biggie was the big mistake because Clements had clearly demonstrated he could fill that gap easily if Biggie wasn`t absolutely 100.

We had 100 opportunities to win that game. Brady doesn’t fumble, Zach doesn’t throw a pick, we don’t run the clock down with a 4 point lead and 7 minutes to go, we don’t all out blitz fajardo on the td pass, etc. the fact that we again, for the second year in a row came one play short in the gc with soo many chances to win is 100% coaching. With better coaching this game would’ve been a laugher. Like the two previous times we played mtl this year. Mtl adjusted we did not, then we didn’t adjust to their adjustments. 
 Roster management is just one aspect of the Meta problem, coaching. 

Edited by wbbfan

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

After the benefit of two days hindsight, giving up a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 5 against Cody Fajardo to lose the Grey Cup is about the single dumbest thing I can think of. I can't believe the team put themselves in that situation and I hope they wear the cone of shame all winter for it.

as a Bombers fan, I will never ever live this down....

We were lucky to be up by 10 at the half. They could have kicked the FG at the end of the half for 3. Horrible roughing call gave us a TD instead of a FG. That's 7 of the 10 points we were up right there. 

We lost the game because we rostered hurt players instead of backups.

We lost because we allowed FAJ-J to run for 13 yards on a 2nd and 18 then throw a 20 yard pass on 3rd down.

We lost because we called cover zero at the goal to send pressure that hadn't worked the entire game. 

We lost because we thought all we had to do was show up and we'd win because we were the better team who'd been there before. 

Edited by TBURGESS

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Might not have been the wisest decision to cut Agudosi a month before the playoffs if they weren't confident his replacements were capable of stepping in when needed.  The more I think about this "name on the cup issue" the more I believe O'Shea used it as a factor in determining his game time roster.

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

Man, I was listening to some post game coverage yesterday.

Zach mentioned that bailey was playing through a hamstring tear. Schoen was obviously limited. Demski hadn't been able to practice in weeks.

Just had a full receiving core full of limping, half-speed bodies. No wonder Zach couldn't find anyone.

True to an extent, but BOLO has shown himself to be a pretty good receiver and we had Ambles who never saw the field. O'Shea could have done better and if Walters does not hold him accountable, we will be having the same conversation next November. O'Shea is a good coach but his Achilles Heel seems to be his reluctance to make roster changes when needed. If this is a core personality trait with him, then Walters has a tough call to make. 

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If O'Shea is so rigid in his ideation so as to believe that he made all the correct decisions prior to and during the game, then his time here is done. If Walter and Miller are OK with O'Shea's choices, then the team and fans are scrooged.

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If O'Shea is so rigid in his ideation so as to believe that he made all the correct decisions prior to and during the game, then his time here is done. If Walter and Miller are OK with O'Shea's choices, then the team and fans are scrooged.

Lol. Reaching more than noeller regarding jbrs Kyle walters rumor 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Interesting point. We are always impressed when a player owns up to a poor performance and takes responsibility...and we bristle when they instead throw others under bus in defence of themselves.

I am just now trying to recall MOS ever saying, "Yeah I shat the bed on that one. It was a bad decision."

I've heard things like, "hindsight is 20/20"...or, "at the time it seemed like the right call"...but I'm not sure I have ever seen him fall on his sword and admitting he f'd up.  

"A man that can't change his mind can't change anything"

Edited by Deiter Fan