LDC 2023 Early chat

Nolby

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What fans think is irrelevant as we don't play the game so ppl should be confident,  I've never gone to a sports event expecting a loss. I mean why would I even watch if I thought they would lose. Waste of time and money. .

Go blue.  Own them. It's irrelevant what I say 

It's called superstition. Fans do the same routine as the athletes when their teams win hoping it will keep them winning. Like the guy who wore shorts all year round from 1990 to 2019 during our Grey Cup drought. We've all done that at one time or another.

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

What fans think is irrelevant as we don't play the game so ppl should be confident,  I've never gone to a sports event expecting a loss. I mean why would I even watch if I thought they would lose. Waste of time and money. .

You never expect a loss? Like, in years where your team was the basement dweller and it's a rebuild project?

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

You never expect a loss? Like, in years where your team was the basement dweller and it's a rebuild project?

I expect the team I am cheering for to win every game the play. Logically I know it is impossible and I will have disappointments but I still expect it. "Any given Sunday" speaks to how I rationalized the games in the bad years, I would not make the effort to watch if I expected my team to lose.

47 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Hoping for a win and expecting one are two different things. I suspect some are conflating the two.

Knowing your team only has a small chance of victory, and expecting them to lose are two different things as well. Even in the darkest days of Bomber football I never, ever went to any game thinking we can't win. I knew odds were stacked against us, but if I truly thought we had no chance of victory I wouldn't have gone. Some of my most cherished games I ever attended were when we were terrible but somehow got it together for a game and knocked off a league leading team. The odd game like that is all a football fan has in dark times. Think Regina last week. They were absolutely euphoric after they unexpectedly beat BC. It will probably be their highlight of the season. 

56 minutes ago, bluto said:

2013 wasn't that long ago... Some people get spoiled easily.

So in other words, hey hey stop enjoying this so much, you guys sucked not too long ago.

I'm constantly reminded how I truly don't enjoy the Argo's and their fan base.

Ahhhhhh spoooorts.

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

I guess you didn’t go to many games early on in the opening of the new stadium lol. I’ve gone to games with little hope or expectation of us winning. Because it’s about supporting the team, and some times just hoping to see a player develop for us and be a piece to turn things around. 

15 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I hope to win the Lottery.

I expect the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to go out on the field and do what it takes to win every time they play.

I hope to win the lottery, but I’ve never played it and probably won’t. So I expect to lose, but not as much as most people who play the lottery 😛 

I expect us to win. Every one in the league does. Our guys expect to win. Ssk probably has some expectation of defending home field and winning the big rivalry game. I expect their best as always. This is their grey cup. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

27 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

So in other words, hey hey stop enjoying this so much, you guys sucked not too long ago.

I'm constantly reminded how I truly don't enjoy the Argo's and their fan base.

Ahhhhhh spoooorts.

That is an impressive distortion of the original question, which was: whether or not a fan expects to win every game.

But that didn't let your lack of reading comprehension miss a chance to throw a dart at someone from another tribe. Good for you!

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Okay and you guys were 4-14 back to back years in 2018 and 2019. What’s your point exactly? How is that relevant to the team now?

Excellent example. I did not go to the games expecting a win those years. More like I was going to see some hope, some prospect of a team that could pull itself together. If not that season, then next. 

Hell, some games I went expecting a blowout so bad that I hoped that it could force a change in coaching/QB/management/etc.

17 minutes ago, bluto said:

That is an impressive distortion of the original question, which was: whether or not a fan expects to win every game.

But that didn't let your lack of reading comprehension miss a chance to throw a dart at someone from another tribe. Good for you!

You sound nice.

Do you spend anytime with your fellow Argo fans (sorry, Tribe) or just here?

30 minutes ago, bluto said:

Excellent example. I did not go to the games expecting a win those years. More like I was going to see some hope, some prospect of a team that could pull itself together. If not that season, then next. 

Hell, some games I went expecting a blowout so bad that I hoped that it could force a change in coaching/QB/management/etc.

I expect our team to win every game, quite frankly because we are the best team in this loop imo. They will not win every game, but should, because the only team that rivals ours right now is yours....and we are the better team in that match up too imo. I would say that if we played every team in this league 10 times we should win 8/10 of those games, and I might give TO some credit and say 7/10. Not being cocky either, the proof is in the pudding. Our win/loss record AND overall performance over the past few years is undeniable. TO has a great win/loss record right now, but I think you guys have way more cracks in your armor than we do.

Edited by GCn20

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I expect our team to win every game, quite frankly because we are the best team in this loop imo. They will not win every game, but should, because the only team that rivals ours right now is yours....and we are the better team in that match up too imo. I would say that if we played every team in this league 10 times we should win 8/10 of those games, and I might give TO some credit and say 7/10. Not being cocky either, the proof is in the pudding. Our win/loss record AND overall performance over the past few years is undeniable. TO has a great win/loss record right now, but I think you guys have way more cracks in your armor than we do.

Likewise, under the present circumstances I'm going into games expecting a win for the Double Blue. But really, this has veered wildly away from the question:

2 hours ago, bluto said:

So I'll leave it at that because, who am I to say that people shouldn't always expect a win? I'm sure that there were Elks fans at home games for a few years that showed up expecting to go home with a win.

Sorry for the thread hijack. It really was an innocent question to try and understand another fan's perspective.