LDC 2023 Early chat

Nolby

One thing I've learned over the years is that as a fan you never should take your opponent for granted. When fans start talking guaranteed wins or they have no woriies that's when a snake under a rock bites them in the ass & we lose. Especially in Regina on Labour Day. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2023-08-29 at 1:19 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

One thing I've learned over the years is that as a fan you never should take your opponent for granted. When fans start talking guaranteed wins or they have no woriies that's when a snake under a rock bites them in the ass & we lose. Especially in Regina on Labour Day. 

Sgreed with the entire post...

Also, perfect analogy for the riders

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

Now that the Tabbies have someone competent calling plays they may just be able to do something. And certainly our defence has been leaky on second an long for a few weeks.

But we've basically been winning our recent games not by defensive stingyness but by just plain outscoring everyone.

Still taking an Argo win.

53 minutes ago, bluto said:

Now that the Tabbies have someone competent calling plays they may just be able to do something. And certainly our defence has been leaky on second an long for a few weeks.

But we've basically been winning our recent games not by defensive stingyness but by just plain outscoring everyone.

It's pretty unlikely the Argos win a game between Winnipeg and Sask... but I like your confidence!

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Playing once every 3 weeks probably helps keep the O fresh. 

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Playing once every 3 weeks probably helps keep the O fresh. 

10 games in a row will be a tough slog. I won't go so far as to say that we need the 1st round bye... but we need it.

37 minutes ago, bearpants said:

It's pretty unlikely the Argos win a game between Winnipeg and Sask... but I like your confidence!

Of course I was discussing the Labour Day Classic. Hope your Bombers have a good game on Labour Day too.

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

Is Dolegala starting?   I like our chances with him  more so then Fine. 

Meh. Neither should be able to beat us.

It's never guaranteed; but I see no difference between a poop sandwich or poop salad starting at QB for them.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

10 games in a row will be a tough slog. I won't go so far as to say that we need the 1st round bye... but we need it.

I don't think the Argos are in danger of losing the first round bye in the playoffs.  TO is 2 games up on Montreal WITH a game in hand.    The only "problem" game for the Argos is the Bombers.    The Bombers are coming off a bye week when they play them, and if the BC game was any indication, the Argos might be in for a long night.

2 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I don't think the Argos are in danger of losing the first round bye in the playoffs.  TO is 2 games up on Montreal WITH a game in hand.    The only "problem" game for the Argos is the Bombers.    The Bombers are coming off a bye week when they play them, and if the BC game was any indication, the Argos might be in for a long night.

You're likely right... but being a Toronto sports fan for this long has made me reflexively "glass-half-full".

As for what constitutes a "problem" for us? We have a QB that frankly we can't do without. If The Chad is out, it will be as if the Boatmen have no oars.

28 minutes ago, bluto said:

You're likely right... but being a Toronto sports fan for this long has made me reflexively "glass-half-full".

As for what constitutes a "problem" for us? We have a QB that frankly we can't do without. If The Chad is out, it will be as if the Boatmen have no oars.

The Chad sounds like an Ambercrombie and Finch wearing, preppy, trust fund kid.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

The Chad sounds like an Ambercrombie and Finch wearing, preppy, trust fund kid.

I think now that The Chad has to play 10 straight...and the hits pile up.....the production goes down....way down

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

See typical Toronto attitude, it's all about them. ******* narcissists

Take it easy on Bluto! Great to see him posting hear and also the CFL needs more Argo Fans like Bluto!

53 minutes ago, bluto said:

I agree Bluto - I am looking forward to the Argo game against my Bombers - Just to see who might be Number 1!! And I for one am glad that the Argos have a good QB. The CFL needs all the help it can get and a good Argo team is good for all the league.

46 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Take it easy on Bluto! Great to see him posting hear and also the CFL needs more Argo Fans like Bluto!

I agree Bluto - I am looking forward to the Argo game against my Bombers - Just to see who might be Number 1!! And I for one am glad that the Argos have a good QB. The CFL needs all the help it can get and a good Argo team is good for all the league.

Yes, without the Argos where would the league and the financially successful teams have to dump their money into