LDC 2023 Early chat

Nolby

1 hour ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

The banjo picking inbreds always play us tough but I think we'll cruise to a couple more wins.  As long as we don't spot them too many points before we start rolling.

I'm not even remotely close to nervous about the BB... I think that game could be 20+ points in the Bomber favour... the LDC that always has me nervous

1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Ah interesting point about the Bye week for the Riders.   They will have some jump in their step for sure and the home crowd behind them.   I feel this could be a trap game for the Bombers.   Dollegalla might have his Rocky Butler moment.

Dickenson historically has a losing record after the bye I believe. Makes sense as he couldn’t motivate an angry bear to eat.

I’ll be at the game, regardless of how putrid the result will be for my boys, the LDC has never been a bad time. Almost always good weather with a few rums mixed in.

If any of the MBB crew is around let me know, beer is on me.

3 hours ago, bb1 said:

I will never forget that one game wonder Kevin Mason winning his only game? Against us...it was like the Grey Cup for them. I will never take a LDC game for granted.

In the first decade & a half of the New Millenium they beat us 10 straight years. A damned decade worth of LD games. So, how can anyone be so confident that we'll just waltz into Mosaic Stadium & win?? That's a foolish assumption no matter what the two teams records are.  

neither Fine nor Dolegala concerns me... just the "ghosts of LDC", more than anything. People talk about the 7-1 vs 1-7 game, but neglect to mention that was a dead cat bounce game because they canned their coach and brought back Grandpa for the rest of the season. Special circumstances. This game SHOULDN'T be close unless Collaros keeps ******* around. Hopeful this game he has the kinks ironed out and looks more like the ZC8 we saw in the 2nd half vs Montreal. 

Only history that matters is recently and well, recently they have been our bish so pretty confident that trend continues because bottom line.... the Bombers are legit and contenders, the riders are **** and pretenders  

Bombers are the better team. Top to Bottom.  I demand 60 

47 on Montreal who they say was a good D, (Fajardo = broke 4 life vs WPG) 50 on bc who they say was a good D  (until we broke them again) 

I want 60. 60 to 6. 

The ghosts at this mosaic,  all they know of... losing to the Bombers 

The ghosts at new mosaic probably wear bombers and Jets jerseys 

Edited by Goalie

yeah that aura and the just getting swept up in the hoopla is long gone.....it wont effect us, and even if they ride the momo in first 5..8 mins and get a few breaks and get up a couple scores...I have no doubt the remaining 50 mins will be us just re-grouping and taking over...we have 9 days between games to prep....basically a bye week off ourselves, but one where we are actually in house prepping the whole time...if we dont win by 2 scores minimum I will be shocked

Bombers back at practice on Weds, so we'll know more about injuries then. I doubt we see Grant back without at least a week of practice-but-don't-play before going back in. Would be nice to at least see him out there running around as a good sign pointing in the right direction...

I never walk into this week confident in a sure victory, and certainly nothing more than us squeaking it out if we do win. Since the game became a regular yearly fixture in 1982, we are 12-28 in the LDC. In our 12 wins, we averaged 27 points per game with an average margin of victory of 9 points. In our 28 losses, Saskatchewan averaged 37 points a game and their average victory margin was 17 points. And in those 40 years Winnipeg had the better overall record at season’s end 23 times (Sask 15 times, twice we had the same record). Bottom line, no matter how good the respective teams were, the Labour Day atmosphere made it a very tough game for the Bombers, and if a blowout occurred, it pretty much always ended in the Riders’ favour (wins by 20 points or more - Riders 8 Bombers 1). 

Dolegala has a way higher ceiling than Fine if you want something to fear for LDC oddity.  Reminds me a lot of Bishop, could come out and chuck a bunch of TDs.

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I never walk into this week confident in a sure victory, and certainly nothing more than us squeaking it out if we do win. Since the game became a regular yearly fixture in 1982, we are 12-28 in the LDC. In our 12 wins, we averaged 27 points per game with an average margin of victory of 9 points. In our 28 losses, Saskatchewan averaged 37 points a game and their average victory margin was 17 points. And in those 40 years Winnipeg had the better overall record at season’s end 23 times (Sask 15 times, twice we had the same record). Bottom line, no matter how good the respective teams were, the Labour Day atmosphere made it a very tough game for the Bombers, and if a blowout occurred, it pretty much always ended in the Riders’ favour (wins by 20 points or more - Riders 8 Bombers 1). 

I’m personally 0-8 and only attended two where the game was even up for grabs under the 3 min warning of the 8.  I’ll be watching at home.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules