LDC 2023 Early chat

Nolby

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

My guess is TV. They've been doing the 5pm starts all season, consistently, so I'm thinking it's a TV thing.

Absolutely.  Locally they don't want it later.  My experience attending every 5 years or so they'd try a late start then go back to the 1 PM local starts after trying to manage the insane crowds by evening time.

3 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Can anybody explain to me why game starts at 6 and not at 3 ,like always?

TSN wants prime time in the East. I hate 5 pm starts MDT. All season, I've pvr'd games & then sit on my deck bbq'ng, sipping on a cool one. Then after dinner about an hour or so later, put the game on & FF thru all the commercials. Sometimes, I'm able to catch up to real time before it ends. Mostly, I finish a few minutes after the game ends. If TSN thinks that having games on all the time during the supper hour out west sells more products for their sponsors, they're wrong. Anyway, TSN sucks in so many ways. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

TSN wants prime time in the East. I hate 5 pm starts MDT. All season, I've pvr'd games & then sit on my deck bbq'ng, sipping on a cool one. Then after dinner about an hour or so later, put the game on & FF thru all the commercials. Sometimes, I'm able to catch up to real time before it ends. Mostly, I finish a few minutes after the game ends. If TSN thinks that having games on all the time during the supper hour out west sells more products for their sponsors, they're wrong. Anyway, TSN sucks in so many ways. 

Agreed, I have hardly been able to watch any football this season. 5pm is get supper ready and try and get the kids into bed at a decent hour time. Absolutely awful for watching football.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I’d be surprised if the game didn’t get pushed back to a later start or maybe postponed entirely

The air quality here today is horrendous 

Probably has nothing to do with the smoke- its just the outdoor biffies.

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Agreed, I have hardly been able to watch any football this season. 5pm is get supper ready and try and get the kids into bed at a decent hour time. Absolutely awful for watching football.

There are some very good drugs available to get them to sleep by 6:00.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Indeed. 2:00 or 3:00 game followed by grilling and dinner is the perfect Sunday.

24 minutes ago, Bomberman said:

Why wasn't the Riders player, Robertson, ejected from the game.  Obviously, his head butt of Collaros was a deliberate attempt to injure.  Collaros is forced to leave a min. of 3 plays while the dirtbag Robertson stays in the game.

Absolutely f**ing ridiculous. Mickey Mouse s**t out there from the refs. Joke. 

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The  CFL does not care about player safety. I want to see Ambroise interviewed on TSN and have them show the play and ask how he can say he cares about player safety. 

After nothing from the league after Ealy's late hit injuring Collaros... whyvare you surprised?  That interview will never happen.

57 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The  CFL does not care about player safety. I want to see Ambroise interviewed on TSN and have them show the play and ask how he can say he cares about player safety. 

Ambrosie's too busy telling us the CFL is stronger & better than ever. Expansion into Halifax is imminent, he says. No owner or political will to build a stadium, you say? We don't sweat the small stuff, he says. We don't have time for player safety. We. Have. A. League. To. Build, don't you know???