Bombers vs Stamps - Friday night football

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Well, first link to a "Thread"....depth for tomorrow is out:

https://www.threads.net/t/CuW8YbLu152/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

I like the move to Threads and away from Elon Musk's dystopia but I don't like this "starting lineup" format they are using this year where they don't show the additions and subtractions from the roster. I know we can still find the PDF on their site but that takes more work.

As for the depth chart itself...

- Going to miss Gauthier. Hopefully Briggs will have a good game. He seemed to be ahead of Gauthier a season or two ago (if I recall correctly he started at WIL for a spell) but then got surpassed.

- I continue to be amused that they are giving Thomas a secondary OL number even though we're rostering 7 OL

- Love keeping McRae on the roster 

7 hours ago, LXTSN said:

If Demski is in the lineup, I'd almost prefer to see Agudosi take that spot instead of McCrae. 

We don't have a "jump-ball" type of reciever without him in the lineup.

I think Schoen is probably the closest to this and seems to have ability to high point the ball along with his amazing route running etc.

3 minutes ago, kschach said:

I like the move to Threads and away from Elon Musk's dystopia but I don't like this "starting lineup" format they are using this year where they don't show the additions and subtractions from the roster. I know we can still find the PDF on their site but that takes more work.

- Going to miss Gauthier. Hopefully Briggs will have a good game. He seemed to be ahead of Gauthier a season or two ago (if I recall correctly he started at WIL for a spell) but then got surpassed.

- I continue to be amused that they are giving Thomas a secondary OL number even though we're rostering 7 OL

I wonder if Agudosi is heading for the PR and that will be the last we see of him, it's going to be even harder for him to make the roster once Lawler comes back.

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

husky

You're so sweet.

5 Shameful Myths About Fat Women And Obesity You've Probably Always Believed

12 minutes ago, kschach said:

I think Schoen is probably the closest to this and seems to have ability to high point the ball along with his amazing route running etc.

Schoen has that uncanny ability to pull away deep in his route or shield away the DB. Also really good at adjusting. I don't really consider him a jump ball guy. When Lawler comes back he has more of that to his game. But yeah without him I think Agudosi is the only one. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

In the 90's the Stamps went from Flutie to Garcia to Dickenson and Burris was also there. Quite the run. Up there with Edmonton in the 80s who went Moon to Dunigan to Allen to Ham.

And then a blip of Drew Tate before the long tenure of BLM. Quite a run indeed!

1 hour ago, kschach said:

And then a blip of Drew Tate before the long tenure of BLM. Quite a run indeed!

Tate was a headcase. I'll never forget one Stamps home game at least 10 years ago where he took a big hit & was shaken up. He came off the field for a series then went back in again before the 1st half ended.

He was coming out of the locker room walking to the bench. He was stopped by a TSN reporter Jermain Franklin for an interview. He was asked how he felt. He told the reporter he has no memory of playing in the first half & the only reason he went back in was the doctors cleared him. The next day, the CFL launched an investigation of the Stamps medical staff & HC John Hufnagel into the team's concussion protocols. Did Huff or the doctors make Tate go back in when it wasn't safe?

He put the reputation of Huff as a coach & the entire medical & training staff on the line. Then, he says. "Oh, I was just kidding! I really was alright. My memory was fine." I'm sure he heard about it from Huff & team officials. What a moron. 

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Tate was a headcase. I'll never forget one Stamps home game at least 10 years ago where he took a big hit & was shaken up. He came off the field for a series then went back in again before the 1st half ended.

He was coming out of the locker room walking to the bench. He was stopped by a TSN reporter Jermain Franklin for an interview. He was asked how he felt. He told the reporter he has no memory of playing in the first half & the only reason he went back in was the doctors cleared him. The next day, the CFL launched an investigation of the Stamps medical staff & HC John Hufnagel into the team's concussion protocols. Did Huff or the doctors make Tate go back in when it wasn't safe?

He put the reputation of Huff as a coach & the entire medical & training staff on the line. Then, he says. "Oh, I was just kidding! I really was alright. My memory was fine." I'm sure he heard about it from Huff & team officials. What a moron. 

Why are you blaming Tate in this scenario?... I don't recall the circumstances... but if this played out as you described and the team forced him out to play when he shouldn't have... he was likely still "off" during that half time interview and the team rightfully, should have been called out for unsafe player management... if Calgary took heat for this, they only have themselves to blame 

15 hours ago, kschach said:

The two LBs bring different things to the table... when deployed on D, Gauthier plays MLB and Briggs plays WIL... neither has ever been a consistent starter... Briggs for a few games as an injury replacement in 2019... both guys getting a little older (Briggs 33, Gauthier 31) and may not have a lot of time left... their biggest impact is on special teams... Gauthier, especially, as I'll never forget the game saving play he made in the 2019 WCF...

Agree with you on McCrae... I know we all have high hopes for Agudosi... and not giving up on him yet... I just think McCrae brings more of what we need right now... change of pace back, great route running, great catcher... Woli, BOLO, Schoen, and Lawler can all bring what Agudosi brings to the table

Edited by bearpants

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The two LBs bring different things to the table... when deployed on D, Gauthier plays MLB and Briggs plays WIL... neither has ever been a consistent starter... Briggs for a few games as an injury replacement in 2019... both guys getting a little older (Briggs 33, Gauthier 31) and may not have a lot of time left... their biggest impact is on special teams... Gauthier, especially, as I'll never forget the game saving play he made in the 2019 WCF...

Agree with you on McCrae... I know we all have high hopes for Agudosi... and not giving up on him yet... I just think McCrae brings more of what we need right now... change of pace back, great route running, great catcher... Woli, BOLO, Schoen, and Lawler can all bring what Agudosi brings to the table

If ratio allowed the luxury of rostering both, it would be ideal to have McCrae and Agudosi sharing a single position, that way they could both contribute their specific skill sets in specific situations.  

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

If ratio allowed the luxury of rostering both, it would be ideal to have McCrae and Agudosi sharing a single position, that way they could both contribute their specific skill sets in specific situations.  

100 percent