Bombers vs Stamps - Friday night football

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

The Roughriders use white pants on their retro alts -- I know I'm gonna get manure piled on me for this but I think their alts look pretty nice, probably the best you can do with green and white. 

They look like real throwbacks and I bet they would pop on a telethon broadcast.

And then the Riders followed it up with those neon watermelon monstrosity things. Thinking back that was probably the worst league wide Alts that came out.  I think only BC had something that resembled a football uniform. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

If I have a backup that's even thinking it I would cut him loose. I want a backup that wants to be the starter and gets a little POed when he sees the depth chart every week.

I don't disagree... but I highly doubt Dru Brown is looking at the depth chart every week and surprised/pissed off that he's not getting the start

12 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

And then the Riders followed it up with those neon watermelon monstrosity things. Thinking back that was probably the worst league wide Alts that came out.  I think only BC had something that resembled a football uniform. 

I think the watermelon uniforms are the equivalent of our cammo ones -- came out during the 2014 leaguewide uglification.  Don't think they wore them again after 2014.

Anyway to bring it back to Stamps v. Bombers, I think the Stamps unis this year look primo -- bold red and clean white, shoulder stripes add a touch of flare without being obnoxious. Even their thirds aren't too bad, although they do the pajama thing.

48 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't disagree... but I highly doubt Dru Brown is looking at the depth chart every week and surprised/pissed off that he's not getting the start

Especially when it's ZC you're backing up.

It's be like Rittich wondering why the hell he's not starting ahead of Helle. 

7 hours ago, bearpants said:

The two LBs bring different things to the table... when deployed on D, Gauthier plays MLB and Briggs plays WIL... neither has ever been a consistent starter... Briggs for a few games as an injury replacement in 2019... both guys getting a little older (Briggs 33, Gauthier 31) and may not have a lot of time left... their biggest impact is on special teams... Gauthier, especially, as I'll never forget the game saving play he made in the 2019 WCF...

Well put! I didn't realize Briggs was older (even though it would be a simple check on the website) than Gauthier. I've just found it interesting that Gauthier as the MIKE body type seems to get into games on passing downs more than Briggs. But perhaps that's because we have Bighill effectively playing WIL or even safety on those downs? And yes -- that Gauthier tackle was perhaps the most critical play in breaking our Cup drought during that playoff run.

12 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Tate once told a TSN reporter that he loved being the backup QB because he gets a game cheque and doesn't have to play and then followed that up with he really prefers not having to go into the game.

There's a reason why he never lasted in the CFL. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

It was needed after the comical commentary by some in the GDT. 60 minute game for a reason.

There were many hot takes in that thread that didn’t exactly age well… but I think we all agree there are a few kinks in the bombers armour that hopefully will be addressed 

30 minutes ago, bearpants said:

There were many hot takes in that thread that didn’t exactly age well… but I think we all agree there are a few kinks in the bombers armour that hopefully will be addressed 

Absolutely there is. Thankfully it's week 5 and we're 4-1, which gives us ample time to figure those things out, while we keep on winning - as our team has done time and again in past seasons - but you wouldn't know it based on some of those hot takes.

Three consecutive championship appearances and people act like the powers that be don't know what they're doing or how to fix the areas that need fixing.

Slow start.....strong finish....Some games I wonder if we'll ever get things going.......once again the resilience shines through ....Halftime adjustments had to made....they made them and left the cowboys in the dust....When a team comes into our house, they better have a full game plan ....Dickie bird had no answer...solid win