Bombers vs Stamps - Friday night football

Moving on to next game, we won't see an injury report till tomorrow...Stamps are getting healthier and bringing in some players (Michel signed yesterday, Begelton is back).

I fully expect a win in front of a big crowd on a perfect Friday night in Winnipeg.

Cheer for an Argos win tonight and we can match Bc's record in the West with a win!

10 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Hopefully we see a Lawler debut, defence slowly getting healthier, I could expect a pounding.

Yup...Like how the defense is slowly coming together...get Wilson and Hansen in mix....Parker and Rose....see what they bring...Swarmay another game to see if he keeps improving....love his aggressiveness and tackling, Houston just seems to be around the turnovers, and seems to be coming to form...and we still have Holm...Lawrence and Mouhamed to choose from...we be okay in the back end when all healthy and we sort out whos where.....and gotta say..Clements has beebn solid all yr...pleasant surprise...yr 3 a lot of times is when things click

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...Like how the defense is slowly coming together...get Wilson and Hansen in mix....Parker and Rose....see what they bring...Swarmay another game to see if he keeps improving....love his aggressiveness and tackling, Houston just seems to be around the turnovers, and seems to be coming to form...and we still have Holm...Lawrence and Mouhamed to choose from...we be okay in the back end when all healthy and we sort out whos where.....and gotta say..Clements has beebn solid all yr...pleasant surprise...yr 3 a lot of times is when things click

I've thoroughly enjoyed Holmes play so far

The BC game has my confidence shaken and likely will be the rest of the year. I don't think much of Maier, but I also didn't think much of VAJ. We have to be healthy, and bring our A game every single week just to get a win, never mind whooping anyone. I truly believe the days are gone where the Bombers are head and shoulders above everyone else and untouchable at home. Every game will be a struggle.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The BC game has my confidence shaken and likely will be the rest of the year. I don't think much of Maier, but I also didn't think much of VAJ. We have to be healthy, and bring our A game every single week just to get a win, never mind whooping anyone. I truly believe the days are gone where the Bombers are head and shoulders above everyone else and untouchable at home. Every game will be a struggle.

Chris Jones says "Hold my beer".  Edmonton games may be a struggle to not break 100 points...

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I've thoroughly enjoyed Holmes play so far

The TV show?  Who is "Holmes"?  Mike Holmes?

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We were spoiled last year in that the team was basically unbeatable. Rourke was the rest of the CFLs only answer. And of course, anything can happen in the Grey Cup.

Even with very good teams of the past, they're generally not as good as the Bombers were last year.

I welcome this year where we have to fight for the Ws. We will be a bit more hardened come the Grey Cup. This team needs that adversity. 

There is this narrative that because of not just the BC game but also other teams "keeping it close" that the Bombers aren't the same team... but very rarely the last several seasons did the Bombers ever blow teams out. They usually won closer games pulling away late, which aside from bc is pretty much the story this year. Bc game was ugly, but they have had those kinds of games before. I don't think it's time to worry yet, this team still has most of the hallmarks of previous teams. And if guys like Hansen and Wilson come back anywhere close to where they were before injury we're laughing.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Our D has had a couple rough outings with almost all our secondary injured. When healthy no one touches us.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There is this narrative that because of not just the BC game but also other teams "keeping it close" that the Bombers aren't the same team... but very rarely the last several seasons did the Bombers ever blow teams out. They usually won closer games pulling away late, which aside from bc is pretty much the story this year. Bc game was ugly, but they have had those kinds of games before. I don't think it's time to worry yet, this team still has most of the hallmarks of previous teams. And if guys like Hansen and Wilson come back anywhere close to where they were before injury we're laughing.

and one break...and a positive drive...we possibly could have pulled the BC game out as late in the game....it was in all honesty still winnable....thats the part over looked even though we seemed like we were dominated

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Our D has had a couple rough outings with almost all our secondary injured. When healthy no one touches us.

save for the first 2 games...we haven't fielded the same secondary since....and even then it was a secondary that had 2 guys starting that were not projected starters when camp opened...I'll pass more judgement when all guys are available, and see what we trot out then, an how they perform....weeks 1-5 in the CFL with basically how short TC is....the smaller rosters and if u have injury issues a feeling out process anyway....our 2 grey cup win seasons...both those yrs we had an unsettled secondary late into yr as well..and it panned out ok

17 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I'll take 3-1 right now with all the injuries.  At this rate we only need to win 4 more games this year to at least get the cross over lol...

I don't care what the score is.......as long as we're showing more points on the board than the other team, when the time runs out...Sometimes when you win by a lopsided score you tend to get a little sassy ...a little too complacement....Keeping it close keeps your edge....I think we'll keep our edge in most games in 23'

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I don't care what the score is.......as long as we're showing more points on the board than the other team, when the time runs out...Sometimes when you win by a lopsided score you tend to get a little sassy ...a little too complacement....Keeping it close keeps your edge....I think we'll keep our edge in most games in 23'

last year's Stamps game went right down to the game saving end zone INT that won the game for the Blue so I don't expect a blow out on Friday either.

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Likely true but I believe we dropped a few potential ints that game too

Also, was that an INT at the end of did the Stamps player just drop it? I honestly can't remember....

Edited by Noeller

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Stamps player bobbled the ball, lost it in the air and Houston dove and made a pick.

didnt survive contact with the ground when he layed out to make grab...popped right up and cause Houston was flowing to the ball....made the play...the key and best part of that play was Nichols doing what ever he could to now give ref a reason to call a P.I on the play...that was key

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That is so true...we weren't winning games by halftime...all teams have pro players and they can make plays at any time...one fast receiver gets behind coverage and qb drops it in and the field is flipped.  

Super Bowl champs Chiefs with the best QB in football and a TE that is better than most receivers and top 3 defensive player in the NFL and some of the best coaches didn't blow teams out - point spread matters for gambling and that is it.  Bombers know how to win because of the players and coaches and team they have. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I love the “this defence is worse than 2021” people. 

Basically every CFL defence that has ever existed is worse than that defence.