Bombers vs Stamps - Friday night football

I am supremely confident that Winnipeg will rise to the occasion and deliver a resounding victory over the Stampeders this Friday night.

This upcoming triumph over Dickenson will only serve to solidify the complete downfall of the formerly once-mighty Huffnagle Dynasty. With each Blue Bomber victory, Huffnagle's legacy continues to crumble.

21 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup...Like how the defense is slowly coming together...get Wilson and Hansen in mix....Parker and Rose....see what they bring...Swarmay another game to see if he keeps improving....love his aggressiveness and tackling, Houston just seems to be around the turnovers, and seems to be coming to form...and we still have Holm...Lawrence and Mouhamed to choose from...we be okay in the back end when all healthy and we sort out whos where.....and gotta say..Clements has beebn solid all yr...pleasant surprise...yr 3 a lot of times is when things click

Clements looks really dialed in. Past seasons he appeared confused in certain situations. This year, I think he's got it. It was never physical with him....big guy and speedy. Just would make lots of mental errors. This year not so much. Very pleasant surprise. I think Rose, in particular, will really settle our secondary down. He is a secondary QB out there and will really help in that regard. 

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

A ton of stuff he got torched for was not on him too.

there is that aspect too....and at times he tried to do too much to make a difference out there which didn't help....dude is only 28 yrs old this season...hardly in his golden yrs...and if that was the case every team has a bunch of age related decline then...Interesting to see how he looks, and how we deploy schemes when he is back...Parker too which in my opinion was a huge loss....he really came on last yr....we been playing majority of our games this yr with 3 of the 5 projected starters out of lineup...so to not expect some growing pains in the intern while we figure thigs out and weather the storm would be foolish 

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah people ragged on Rose all yr last yr, but dude played hurt all yr when he ws in lineup...unbeknown to joe fan

People ragging on him was justified because he was playing really bad.   After numerous weeks of him being the weak link people on here assumed he was hurt because the drop off didn't make any sense otherwise.   I'm fairly certain most of the people on here assumed he was not 100% because of just how bad he played.  

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

People ragging on him was justified because he was playing really bad.   After numerous weeks of him being the weak link people on here assumed he was hurt because the drop off didn't make any sense otherwise.   I'm fairly certain most of the people on here assumed he was not 100% because of just how bad he played.  

He really wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. There were at least 2 occasions last year where we were in a zone and other people missed their assignment, Rose recognized it and tried to help out only to be scapegoated because he couldn't do so in time and we mercilessly roasted him on here for that. In man coverage he was just fine, and in zone, the average football fan shouldn't assume a damn thing.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He really wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. There were at least 2 occasions last year where we were in a zone and other people missed their assignment, Rose recognized it and tried to help out only to be scapegoated because he couldn't do so in time and we mercilessly roasted him on here for that. In man coverage he was just fine, and in zone, the average football fan shouldn't assume a damn thing.

and he was still good in coming up in run support...in my opinion he can't get back fast enough, and get some games in so he has his sea legs for the main part of the season

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Rose was good by the end of the year. 

As was Lawrence...was a nagging injury after game 1 affecting him??...I still think we could see him and Rose as the corners come crunch time...tho Swarmay is intriguing and looking better each time out...and is a solid physical guy....also is top 3 in league with the lowest completion percentage against...so he could be this yrs defensive backfield gem....

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

I wish these commentators who call us 'old' would drop the b.s.......we are a mature club....With all of that maturity comes experience...I prefer to refer to  us as heavily matured with A LOT of experience

We have a few aging players at key positions....no doubt about it....but to suggest that we are old is kind of stupid. We are like .5 years older per average than the league average. We will need to replace Stan, Biggie, Yoshi and Neuf in the next couple years but everyone else is actually pretty young.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We have a few aging players at key positions....no doubt about it....but to suggest that we are old is kind of stupid. We are like .5 years older per average than the league average. We will need to replace Stan, Biggie, Yoshi and Neuf in the next couple years but everyone else is actually pretty young.

and some of our "old" players were league All-Stars and 2 won league awards....the age thing is way overblown...especially in this day and age

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

and some of our "old" players were league All-Stars and 2 won league awards....the age thing is way overblown...especially in this day and age

For sure. OL age isn't a thing until injuries pile up. If healthy they can play forever almost and anyone thinking Biggie doesn't have some ball left in him is crazy. He takes really good care of himself. Is he on the decline, maybe a tiny bit, but that still leaves him as probably the best MIKE in the league just not the perennial MODP anymore. Also, when it comes to our OL we kind of have it covered already with some guys in house that would be starting on many OLs around the league already.

Biggie, when it's time to hang them up....we go shopping...we are definitely one of, if not the most, desirable destination for any FA out there. There is no reason at all to think our star is fading, or that it will any time soon. Our program of excellence is built, and that is the hard part, now we just maintain.

Edited by GCn20