Blue Bombers vs. Gappers Week 2 GDT

Geebrr

26 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Foxcroft literally said they reviewed every block for a violation...lol. What a scam. Call a penalty on a player not on the field then review every play to see if there's someone you can pin it on.

It's always been the policy to review the entire play in a challenge.  

From the rulebook:

When a play is challenged for either a coach challengeable penalty or a standard reviewable aspect all other appropriate Standard Reviewable Rulings will also be reviewed.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yes the 1 reception for 3 yards was really solid.  

And in Hamilton, cus the season is two games old not one, he had 50 ish yards and 3 first downs. Plus, the whole blocking point. 

8 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Foxcroft literally said they reviewed every block for a violation...lol. What a scam. Call a penalty on a player not on the field then review every play to see if there's someone you can pin it on.

Right? They should’ve clarified the area of the block and just checked that one. Imagine if the called block was clean, but they assessed a new penalty. Did they apply the standard of requiring conclusive evidence on the other blocks that they weren’t illegal but not to the one? Glad they got the call right in the end but it raises a lot of questions and in certainly. They should clarify procedure for when the called penalty is on the wrong number. 

8 hours ago, bigg jay said:

It's always been the policy to review the entire play in a challenge.  

From the rulebook:

When a play is challenged for either a coach challengeable penalty or a standard reviewable aspect all other appropriate Standard Reviewable Rulings will also be reviewed.

On one hand I could see why they take soo long in making decisions, but at the same time they never call none challenged penalties. You never see an automatic reviewed score thrown out because of holding. You never see a pi challenge turned into holding or vice versa. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

And in Hamilton, cus the season is two games old not one, he had 50 ish yards and 3 first downs. Plus, the whole blocking point. 

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

We’re not seriously starting this again… are we?

In two games Agudossi  has 4 receptions for 59 yards

In two games Bailey has 5 receptions for 29 yards  

If the league had any sort of comptence with stats we could compare targets and drops.  In week 1 I could only find Agudossi was targeted once and made that catch.    Either way the point I made clearly shows it's ridiculous to say that one is disappointed in Agudossi yet impressed with Bailey when the numbers don't lie.     Neither are playing particularly bad or great,  they are filling the role and so far so good.   Agudossi is outperforming despite having what 4 CFL games and coming off an injury?  I don't see how or why anyone would complain about our passing game after 2 games and with all that yardage we have accumulated. 

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

In two games Agudossi  has 4 receptions for 59 yards

In two games Bailey has 5 receptions for 29 yards  

If the league had any sort of comptence with stats we could compare targets and drops.  In week 1 I could only find Agudossi was targeted once and made that catch.    Either way the point I made clearly shows it's ridiculous to say that one is disappointed in Agudossi yet impressed with Bailey when the numbers don't lie.     Neither are playing particularly bad or great,  they are filling the role and so far so good.   Agudossi is outperforming despite having what 4 CFL games and coming off an injury?  I don't see how or why anyone would complain about our passing game after 2 games and with all that yardage we have accumulated. 

Using yards per catch as the basis of your argument.... when one guy is a mismatch receiver down field and the other guys gets most of his work off quick throws.... given that Bailey has a more grunt work type role while agudossi is taking Lawlers spot we frankly should be seeing him more. And while it was great he drew the PI on the 3rd down gamble, he also dropped the ball... I'd like to see more. At his height he is always open.

Its almost like...with five very good and capable receivers and only one football, that there may be some weeks where a receiver has an amazing statline or two consecutively, and may have a mediocre statline or two consecutively. 

I mean really, what are we doing here? Lol. Two weeks over 40 points and we're crapping on some of our receivers stats after two games. This fan base sometimes, Jesus Christ lol.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

Its almost like...with five very good and capable receivers and only one football, that there may be some weeks where a receiver has an amazing statline or two consecutively, and may have a mediocre statline or two consecutively. 

I mean really, what are we doing here? Lol. Two weeks over 40 points and we're crapping on some of our receivers stats after two games. This fan base sometimes, Jesus Christ lol.

Agreed. Enjoy the Greatest Air Show On earth as it won't get any better than this. These are the good old days. 

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

And the fact that Schoen is constantly loose means that teams can't really bracket him because they know the next guy will tear them apart too.

Only becomes an issue if or when we need to get an American back on the roster.  IMO you'd sit down Agudosi and get BOLO out there.   Bailey is a much more useful receiver, Agudosi is kind of a luxury.  Probably put Murphy on for Szott for depth.

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Agreed. Enjoy the Greatest Air Show On earth as it won't get any better than this. These are the good old days. 

I should have prefaced my comment by saying I'm not trying to discourage discussion, but the very obvious lack of understanding of basic football on the part of some is just baffling.

There's ONE football to go around, we need to run the ball as well, nevermind the time spent on defence too. We're not going to have four or five 1,000 yard receivers. This isn't Madden.

Oh. And Kenny Lawler is coming back eventually too. Here's the reality: There's going to be a very good receiver on our roster that maybe has in the neighbourhood of 500-700 yards this season - and that doesn't mean whatsoever that they had a bad year. There's just only so much opportunity to be had with as many mouths to feed that we have.

U can't put up yards if not targeted...and even when not targeted you have a role in the other plays for the other guys to get the yardage...it's a good thing our receivers don't care and are all in on the plan.

Agudosi's non catch on that PI would been a helluva catch...I won't fault him on that

When Lawler is back..Agudosi is likely the first man up come any injury...Don't see a roster shuffle..Augudosi out..Lawler in ..plain and simple

The bigger question is when Jeffcoat...Wilson...Rose and Parker are ready..what we gonna do? Hansen is easy as it means Mauro sits...

People who don’t like what Agudosi or Bailey are doing so far this year don’t know what Agudosi or Bailey are supposed to be doing.

Agudosi is an over the top, jump ball receiver. Red zone target. Done fine in both of those aspects so far.

Bailey is a chain moving, gritty TE in a WR body type dude who is going to make the tough catches, move the sticks and lay some blocks. Done fine in all of those aspects so far.

We don’t need 5 Schoen types or 5 Lawler types. We have those guys, we have Demski and we have the rest playing their roles. 

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

U can't put up yards if not targeted...and even when not targeted you have a role in the other plays for the other guys to get the yardage...it's a good thing our receivers don't care and are all in on the plan.

Agudosi's non catch on that PI would been a helluva catch...I won't fault him on that

When Lawler is back..Agudosi is likely the first man up come any injury...Don't see a roster shuffle..Augudosi out..Lawler in ..plain and simple

The bigger question is when Jeffcoat...Wilson...Rose and Parker are ready..what we gonna do? Hansen is easy as it means Mauro sits...

Habba looks like a keeper. I can't see how you can take him out when Jeffcoat is back. We can't depend on Jeffcoat anymore. He is too injury prone now. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I should have prefaced my comment by saying I'm not trying to discourage discussion, but the very obvious lack of understanding of basic football on the part of some is just baffling.

There's ONE football to go around, we need to run the ball as well, nevermind the time spent on defence too. We're not going to have four or five 1,000 yard receivers. This isn't Madden.

Oh. And Kenny Lawler is coming back eventually too. Here's the reality: There's going to be a very good receiver on our roster that maybe has in the neighbourhood of 500-700 yards this season - and that doesn't mean whatsoever that they had a bad year. There's just only so much opportunity to be had with as many mouths to feed that we have.

Also, keep in mind that they ran the ball on first down for most of the second half against Hamilton and most of the fourth this week. If pressed, the passing yardage could have been off the charts.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

When Jeffcoat comes back you take Damian Jackson off and rotate the three of them.

As for Rose and Parker, depends on how Lawrence, Houston and Holm are doing.

Yup...Jeffcoat fills his spot...and if Osh is smart makes him the Nationalized Canadian so we can run sets with all 3 on the field...good luck with that olines with. Fox in the middle...dude also looks like a baller..was a direct result of him blowing up Evan Johnson we stuffed that 3rd down gamble

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Even though we're a pass first team, I'm worried about our running game without Oliveira. Augustine isn't the blocker Brady is. He's a streaky runner. He could rush for ahundred yards or twenty. Even if Oliveira plays he probably won't be at 100%. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wonder if McCrae has been taking any RB reps, both on the field and meetings.

Augustine is not an every down player IMO.  Although I'm not sure McCrae is much better and kind of has the same weaknesses RE getting yards after contact and pass protection.  Better hands out of the backfield though.

Salima would be the perfect replacement..good hands out of backfield...can grind tough yards..and is faster and more explosive than either of the Canadians

If that means you start bolo and have to sit Agudosi..then so be it..Bolo body type can..and has played in that exact role