CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

4 hours ago, Rod Black said:

For as much as people rag on Faj, I found this from John Hodge interesting:

Jake Maier has attempted 14 passes of 20+ yards this season with two completions, a rate of 14%.

Leaders in the category (min. 10 atttempts):

🐦 Fajardo (10/20, 50%)
🦁 Adams (20/46, 44%)
🍉 Harris (10/26), 39%)
💣 Collaros (11/29, 38%)
🐯 Shiltz (6/17, 35%)

from what I hear...Quite likely MBT won't be going to Ottawa....for what its worth

15 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Jake Maier has attempted 14 passes of 20+ yards this season with two completions, a rate of 14%.

🐦 Fajardo (10/20, 50%)
🦁 Adams (20/46, 44%)
🍉 Harris (10/26), 39%)
💣 Collaros (11/29, 38%)
🐯 Shiltz (6/17, 35%)

he still sucks

55 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

🐦 Fajardo (10/20, 50%)
🦁 Adams (20/46, 44%)
🍉 Harris (10/26), 39%)
💣 Collaros (11/29, 38%)
🐯 Shiltz (6/17, 35%)

So he takes 5 deep shots a game and hits 2 of them.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

So he takes 5 deep shots a game and hits 2 of them.

it's the fact that he can't sustain drives and consistently hit receiver's beyond the line of scrimmage and about 15 to 20 yards out....or has any awareness in the pocket

18 hours ago, Booch said:

OH Hell no...he's ancient as an NFL guy now...and had multiple shots before....he's coming back to Canada

I am not sure what kind of dream world MBT is living in where he thinks he has NFL hope. Maybe if several teams around the NFL were to lose their entire QB stable to injury they might want an old vet presence to teach youngsters how to be pros, but even that is an extreme longshot and would never happen before the NFL season.

16 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Henoc said on a Podcast that he spoke to MBT this morning and he is not coming to Ottawa. 

Did Henoc use ancestral spirit guides to mediate this conversation?

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I am not sure what kind of dream world MBT is living in where he thinks he has NFL hope. Maybe if several teams around the NFL were to lose their entire QB stable to injury they might want an old vet presence to teach youngsters how to be pros, but even that is an extreme longshot and would never happen before the NFL season.

That's probably exactly it. He spent quite a few years in the NFL, probably thinks he can add value to a room. 

But it may just be that he's on the verge of retiring and is just telling himself, if that opportunity came up, then I will give it another go.

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Did Henoc use ancestral spirit guides to mediate this conversation?

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

That's probably exactly it. He spent quite a few years in the NFL, probably thinks he can add value to a room. 

But it may just be that he's on the verge of retiring and is just telling himself, if that opportunity came up, then I will give it another go.

And isn't there a new rule in the NFL that adds an extra QB? That makes it easier to have a journeyman QB around and not always feel pressured to have an heir apparent receiving on-the-job-training. Might benefit MBT's chances?

Edited by bluto
sp.

Your regular Ballsy is a moron post.

"Rider fans should be very happy they have QB Trevor Harris. Given the injuries etc…he is playing the best at his position in the entire league.. He gives the

@sskroughriders

a chip a chair and a chance each week! #CFL"

Collaros, Kelly and honestly you can make a case for Adams have been better. Best my ass.

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

"Rider fans should be very happy they have QB Trevor Harris. Given the injuries etc…he is playing the best at his position in the entire league.. He gives the

@sskroughriders

Collaros, Kelly and honestly you can make a case for Adams have been better. Best my ass.

TBH - he has been better than I thought he’d be so far. 

But, as usual, Ball is insane. 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He has been who everyone thought he was. Lots of stats that amount to not a lot. 

I thought it would be even worse than normal TBH. 

He has actually shown some mobility as well. And I say this as someone who considers Harris to be  on the all-time overrated team. 

Edited by Geebrr

49 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

@sskroughriders

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He has been who everyone thought he was. Lots of stats that amount to not a lot. 

in all reality....he should be 1 and 4 at best....couldnt salt away the esk...in either game...and lucky to have had the stamps early in the yr with Maier having zero clue