CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The guy is barely 6 feet tall so he may look thicker than he really is. That & he's wearing a flack jacket underneath. I have no idea what his real weight is but I believe it's not 260. 

So was nik Lewis 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He was 220 in college, and has been listed between 214 and 228 in the cfl. Clearly he’s as heavy as he’s been from college to now. 

The guy isn't svelte but he ain't 260. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

For reference, Collaros is 220.

Masoli would be playing end or tackle if he wasn't a QB.

Collaros is 210. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The guy isn't svelte but he ain't 260. 

Collaros is 210. 

Idk he looks really thick. I would be stunned if he was under 250. 
With older football players, especially off injuries, bulking up is almost never a good choice. And he certainly looks as un lean as ever. 

In 2018 masoli threw 572 passes. Since then he’s thrown 572. We are 5 weeks into the 4th season he hasn’t been able to hold onto his spot one way or another though mostly through injuries. In these years he’s tossed 21 tds to 15 picks.  17 games in 18, 23 since. His rushing yards are less than half and his passing yards comparable. He’s bo Levi Mitchell with less choke and a bunch more season ending injuries. Dudes toast. 35 this year too. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk he looks really thick. I would be stunned if he was under 250. 
With older football players, especially off injuries, bulking up is almost never a good choice. And he certainly looks as un lean as ever. 

In 2018 masoli threw 572 passes. Since then he’s thrown 572. We are 5 weeks into the 4th season he hasn’t been able to hold onto his spot one way or another though mostly through injuries. In these years he’s tossed 21 tds to 15 picks.  17 games in 18, 23 since. His rushing yards are less than half and his passing yards comparable. He’s bo Levi Mitchell with less choke and a bunch more season ending injuries. Dudes toast. 35 this year too. 

Masoli's always been thick. We saw last night he can't scramble anymore. He brought nothing to the table yesterday as the offense struggled when he was in there, unfortunately. Football may be the most unforgiving sport to play. Especially when a player's physical tools are eroding. I'd say the man is finished & he'd be smart to retire. Maybe get into coaching if he wants to stay in the game. But jeezus, get off the field. His body is screaming trying to tell him, "No more!!" He shoud listen. Enjoy his family. Enjoy life while he's still young. 

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

They hand them out every game

Not in Calgary. I was at the last game & saw no one handing rosters out. It was strange sitting at the game & not knowing who the players were on the field making plays. I had nothing to reference. Just a bunch of faceless guys with numbers running around & it sucked. Obviously, I knew the stars & the established players but none of the new guys for both the Riders & Stamps. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, totally. But, I'm nostalgic for the physical program of my youth. Those were cherished because I didn't go to many games. 

I wish they would bring back the physical season tickets.  Always looked forward to seeing what those would look like each season.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not in Calgary. I was at the last game & saw no one handing rosters out. It was strange sitting at the game & not knowing who the players were on the field making plays. I had nothing to reference. Just a bunch of faceless guys with numbers running around & it sucked. Obviously, I knew the stars & the established players but none of the new guys for both the Riders & Stamps. 

Do you own a smart phone?

The guy must have been dropped on his head if he thinks the Riders have a better game day experience.

https://3downnation.com/2023/07/09/superfan-bobby-dubeau-attends-game-in-all-nine-cfl-stadiums-over-15-days-to-set-guinness-world-record/

Along the way, he has connected with fans of every CFL team while collecting witness statements and video evidence of his attendance until the final whistle of every game. He has become an expert in the gameday experience at all nine venues, settling the debate on where the best spot to watch a game truly is.

“The best game day experience is Saskatchewan. I would say Winnipeg, but they have that stupid ‘Make Some Noise’ announcement like 50 times during the game,” Dubeau chuckled. “Saskatchewan just seems more organic. The fans are great. I know some season ticket holders so I got to go for a meal at their house after and get the full Roughrider experience.”

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Wants a ******* stone tablet chiseled out. Bombers hand out free programs at every game, as limited as they may be with information.

Well, duh??? I guess a fish slapped you in the head. I said I was at the Stamps game or can't you read?

Edited by SpeedFlex27