CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

Your issue is that they're free?

I saw no one handing out rosters before the game at McMahon. I was there at least 45 minutes before kickoff.

Jesse, had I seen anyone doing that I'd have taken one.

The pre game experience at McMahon is non existent. It's nothing.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I saw no one handing out rosters before the game at McMahon. I was there at least 45 minutes before kickoff.

Jesse, had I seen anyone doing that I'd have taken one.

The pre game experience at McMahon is non existent. It's nothing.

Next time ask this guy, he also sells candied apples.

Charles Dunlap, Carnival Barker

12 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The guy must have been dropped on his head if he thinks the Riders have a better game day experience.

https://3downnation.com/2023/07/09/superfan-bobby-dubeau-attends-game-in-all-nine-cfl-stadiums-over-15-days-to-set-guinness-world-record/

Along the way, he has connected with fans of every CFL team while collecting witness statements and video evidence of his attendance until the final whistle of every game. He has become an expert in the gameday experience at all nine venues, settling the debate on where the best spot to watch a game truly is.

“The best game day experience is Saskatchewan. I would say Winnipeg, but they have that stupid ‘Make Some Noise’ announcement like 50 times during the game,” Dubeau chuckled. “Saskatchewan just seems more organic. The fans are great. I know some season ticket holders so I got to go for a meal at their house after and get the full Roughrider experience.”

so basically he says it is Winnipeg... he just doesn't like the "make some noise" chant... which is a fair grievance.

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Except they do it all the time in IGF West and every other stadium - so it really makes no sense.

exactly...and some places make a lot of annoying artificial noise...again...Sask come to mind with that annoying crap Gainer does...the dumb horns in MTL....the pumped in sound at BMO....I even think they pump in some artificial droning noise in IG West too...and at times how the sound gets louder and then drops off sounds like a dimwit turning a volume knob as it is so un-natural

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The Make Some Nooooiiiiise thing is a lot and it's a lot annoying, but as mentioned, it's EVERYWHERE.... Also, the jackasses in Calgary have to run a "be quiet on O, be loud on D" PSAs, so at least we're not doing that....??

A graphic of a road sign saying “be quiet, offence at work” has shown up on the IG Field jumbotron at times, so yeah, we are doing that too. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

A graphic of a road sign saying “be quiet, offence at work” has shown up on the IG Field jumbotron at times, so yeah, we are doing that too. 

I have never seen that once.....

17 hours ago, Booch said:

I said it befoe Frahan hahahah

Yeeep. 3dn beat him to it too lol. 

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Pigrome signed by the Redblacks......I wonder how much info between Desjarlis and Pigrome will be dissemenated to the 2 colours before Sat.........Have to be on our toes and change game plan accordingly

probably as much as when we played bc. Maybe a bit more on stuff being installed still. 
 Though honestly our play call on offence has been far from inspired this year. 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Pigrome signed by the Redblacks......I wonder how much info between Desjarlis and Pigrome will be dissemenated to the 2 colours before Sat.........Have to be on our toes and change game plan accordingly

why do people love overplay this angle??? Suddenly Ottawa is going to know every little bit about our playbook because they have two of our former players on their roster?... luckily the Bombers now have montreal's entire play book thanks to the pick up of Exume

22 hours ago, bearpants said:

so basically he says it is Winnipeg... he just doesn't like the "make some noise" chant... which is a fair grievance.

He basically says Winnipeg, but I have friends in Saskatchewan who plied me with food and liquor so......

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Desjarlais hasn't been here in two years and Piggy had a cup of coffee and couldn't figure out the SY play book. Not scared of what they may reveal.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yeeep. 3dn beat him to it too lol. 

probably as much as when we played bc. Maybe a bit more on stuff being installed still. 
 Though honestly our play call on offence has been far from inspired this year. 

Pigrome is a physical talent, but couldn't grasp our playbook. I hope he tells them everything he knows.

21 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

it happens at all levels -- I know I've seen that graphic at Seahawks games in the past decade or so.

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

why do people love overplay this angle??? Suddenly Ottawa is going to know every little bit about our playbook because they have two of our former players on their roster?... luckily the Bombers now have montreal's entire play book thanks to the pick up of Exume

People seem to think that a play book remains static throughout the year, and it most certainly does not and most definitely changes drastically year to year. Desjarlais might be able to point out some chinks in the armour at a personnel level on the OL, things he knows certain guys struggle with more, but that's about it. Pigrome is quite literally useless to his new team, in regards to play book. We have built a ton of new plays since the insertion of McCrae that Piggy wouldn't know, and existing plays are now seeing progressions built off of them. No team runs the exact same play book all year...you can't...there is too much film.