2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Corny has all the tools to be a legit CFL qb. This will be the year that decides his fate. The Elks also have Ford at qb who got the job done last year with unspectacular play.

Corny, could become a really good QB if he can get some accuracy in his throws. He runs well, makes decent reads, has a great arm....just the accuracy thing. He is kind of like Cody Fajardo with a better arm.

Edited by GCn20

39 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Corny, could become a really good QB if he can get some accuracy in his throws. He runs well, makes decent reads, has a great arm....just the accuracy thing. He is kind of like Cody Fajardo with a better arm.

Corny from what I have read isn't a prima donna like Faj.   

Why is everyone calling him Corny? Is this a nickname I’ve missed out on. Anyways, he’s a good athlete, with a decent arm, the difference between him and a guy like Collaros, and Rourke is that they use their legs to extend the play so that they can pass down field, to me once Corn Hole feels pressure he uses his legs and puts his head down to try and run, for Edmonton’s sake I hope the coaching staff is working on making him more of a pass first quarterback, especially once the pocket breaks down. 

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Why is everyone calling him Corny? Is this a nickname I’ve missed out on. Anyways, he’s a good athlete, with a decent arm, the difference between him and a guy like Collaros, and Rourke is that they use their legs to extend the play so that they can pass down field, to me once Corn Hole feels pressure he uses his legs and puts his head down to try and run, for Edmonton’s sake I hope the coaching staff is working on making him more of a pass first quarterback, especially once the pocket breaks down. 

His last name is Cornelius....

56 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But he is less accurate than Alex Brink 

YARN | No, but the difference is negligible. | Seinfeld (1993) - S08E08 The  Chicken Roaster | Video clips by quotes | e664dc1f | 紗

Brink - 56.4% comp. rate (https://www.statscrew.com/football/stats/p-brinkale001)
Cornelius - 57.6% comp. rate (https://www.cfl.ca/players/taylor-cornelius/164836/)

Edited by blue_gold_84
links added

I always have a bit of hesitance for guys like heavy balls. Heavy tall athletic with a big arm he’s got a lot of raw high value tools. Upside is sky high no doubt. But it won’t take much fulfilling of that to end up backing up in the nfl long term. And it’s hard to see guys like that also having the tangibles needed to become a star. If they had it they would’ve already stepped up. 

I'm not saying someone can't get better (I think we're all hoping Evan Holm does, if for no other reason than to watch poor Booch...ha ha) but absolutely nothing about Corny's game makes me think he's smart enough to read a defense or hit the broad side of a barn with a shovel full of peas....

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I always have a bit of hesitance for guys like heavy balls. Heavy tall athletic with a big arm he’s got a lot of raw high value tools. Upside is sky high no doubt. But it won’t take much fulfilling of that to end up backing up in the nfl long term. And it’s hard to see guys like that also having the tangibles needed to become a star. If they had it they would’ve already stepped up. 

“You can’t fall into the trap of potential. I had a receiver coach one time tell me ‘Potential just means you haven’t done anything yet,’” - Dalton Schoen.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/featured/2023/05/15/nfls-loss-is-bombers-gain

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm not saying someone can't get better (I think we're all hoping Evan Holm does, if for no other reason than to watch poor Booch...ha ha) but absolutely nothing about Corny's game makes me think he's smart enough to read a defense or hit the broad side of a barn with a shovel full of peas....

I’ll take the scrappy under sized over achiever  vs the maybe wants it doesn’t need it over sized under achiever any day and twice on game day. 

18 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

“You can’t fall into the trap of potential. I had a receiver coach one time tell me ‘Potential just means you haven’t done anything yet,’” - Dalton Schoen.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/featured/2023/05/15/nfls-loss-is-bombers-gain

Sums it up perfectly. 
Reminds me of collaros last year talking about being a freshmen in college and evading the rush running around and making throws. Only for his coach to tell him to knock it off because he isn’t that athletic.

“ There have only been three players in CFL history who have amassed 2,000 or more receiving yards in a season.

Edmonton Elks wideout Dillon Mitchell believes he will be the fourth, and the first to do it since Derrell Mitchell went for exactly 2,000 yards in 1998 with the Toronto Argonauts.”

It is amazing how it  only takes one statement to start disliking a guy🤫

Edited by Geebrr

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

“Edmonton Elks wideout Dillon Mitchell believes he will be the fourth, and the first to do it since Derrell Mitchell went for exactly 2,000 yards in 1998 with the Toronto Argonauts.”

It is amazing how it  only takes one statement to start disliking a guy🤫

is he going to be their only receiver?

Who was that ******* NFL RB who got busted for pot so the CFL let him play up here for a season and he had a huge target on his back. He said he could run for 5k in a season and he didn't do **** because he was old and washed up at that point and every team just keyed on him heavy...... 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Who was that ******* NFL RB who got busted for pot so the CFL let him play up here for a season and he had a huge target on his back. He said he could run for 5k in a season and he didn't do **** because he was old and washed up at that point and every team just keyed on him heavy...... 

Ricky Williams?

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yup Ricky Williams. Super satisfying watching him get shown.  528 yards in 11 games in 2006

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Tb4eva beat me to it

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

I enjoyed watching Ricky get handled up here then go back down and have some very good years in the nfl, but all I remember of him was being very respectful and positive towards the cfl. Both before and after. Talking trash like that about how much production he’d put up isn’t very Ricky Williams.