2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm not saying someone can't get better (I think we're all hoping Evan Holm does, if for no other reason than to watch poor Booch...ha ha) but absolutely nothing about Corny's game makes me think he's smart enough to read a defense or hit the broad side of a barn with a shovel full of peas....

It's put up or shut up for TC and staff this year for sure.

Just random thoughts I'm having along the way, totally disorganized. Kind of like A dod odds and sods for tc..

#3 qb Tyrrell pigrome looks like a Charles Robert's at qb with a bit more height. Looks fast and has a good arm. First snap in situational play though and he dropped snap. Not sure if it's on him or the C.

71 # manasseh Bailey looks small but runs nice routes.

87 # Sean Coyne runs very convincing routes and has major hussle. Really impressed with him

No Grant on the field as far as I can see

88 our boy with Rasheed Bailey is just awesome. Makes a tough catch and yells out a big " let's go!! "

Agudosi must be a terrifying match up.

#96 Tanner Schmekel, I know nothing about him but he looks intimidating. Lol Same with 92 Caleb Thomas. Dude is gigantic .

Demski with a tough catch in traffic. Amazing to me how unthreatening he looks but is just such a gamer.

#1 Nichols is just so good. No room between him and receiver. An almost int right on the side line but great coverage.

Shoen with his classic corner route td.  Would have never made it that far in live action though, d line was at collaros. 

15 Josh Jones has all the tools to be a good cfl qb. Tall. Fast. Just looks like a qb.

More to follow . Obviously I'm just a fan so you know, take it for what it is

Edited by CodyT

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Who was that ******* NFL RB who got busted for pot so the CFL let him play up here for a season and he had a huge target on his back. He said he could run for 5k in a season and he didn't do **** because he was old and washed up at that point and every team just keyed on him heavy...... 

yeah that’s just not true, he went back to the NFL and was still a 1000 yard rusher. 

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t know why everyone is ragging on Mitchell. He very well could do it. I know they went big on Geno but Mitchell paced out to about 1300 yards last year over a full season and spent time in the O with Lawler.

Very good receiver.

Yeah but the last guy to do it was a great receiver and it's only happened 4 times. It's not something a very good receiver can accomplish. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I don’t know why everyone is ragging on Mitchell. He very well could do it. I know they went big on Geno but Mitchell paced out to about 1300 yards last year over a full season and spent time in the O with Lawler.

Very good receiver.

He is good. Big difference between 1300 and 2k. Especially with their qbing. He’s got no shot at 2k. That said he will probably have a good year. 
Don’t think it’s a crazy ego thing. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I get so confused when people get their panties in a bunch because a player is confident. Why wouldn't you want a player like that? If it was Lawler, does anyone think Demski would be upset? Lol.

it's very un-Canadian...... just shut up and let your play speak for you. 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Just like Milt? lol. Mitchell ain't Canadian. He was likely asked a question gave an answer. I don't see the problem. I like my players to be confident and to only want to crush people/records.

I dunno. Milt the man with his bravado had a lot of underlying humor mixed in that took the edge off somewhat.

I don't mind confidence matched with results but when it crosses from I'm proud to I'm bragging it wears thin with me. But that's just my style.

Not saying this is Mitchell, haven't experienced him yet.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I dunno. Milt the man with his bravado had a lot of underlying humor mixed in that took the edge off somewhat.

I don't mind confidence matched with results but when it crosses from I'm proud to I'm bragging it wears thin with me. But that's just my style.

Not saying this is Mitchell, haven't experienced him yet.

Totally, we don't know how Mitchell expressed that as it was written. Again, making it even sillier imo that people would get uppity about it.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Very good receiver.

He has been in the league 8 seconds. 

Relax on saying you’re going to put up an all time great season. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Totally, we don't know how Mitchell expressed that as it was written. Again, making it even sillier imo that people would get uppity about it.

As MOS says - you sign a contract based on what you will do - not what you have done. 

So if he signed his contract on that premise - anything less is a failure. 

Edited by Geebrr

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No, he was actually good. Pretty sure it was Ricky Williams.

Lawrence had 1 k in a season and Ricky had 500 and change in half a season. Lawrence also played on an extremely good team while the argos weren’t. 

it was Ricky Williams that I was thinking of. I remember being at the game they played in Wpg (my first year as a STH) and sitting in our endzone seats and watching Doug Brown hit him so incredibly hard. I remember quotes from Brown before that game talking about how much he was looking forward to playing RW.... we definitely put a hurt on him. Williams had some quote, at the time, about how he'd likely be able to put up 5k yards in a season up here....

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

it was Ricky Williams that I was thinking of. I remember being at the game they played in Wpg (my first year as a STH) and sitting in our endzone seats and watching Doug Brown hit him so incredibly hard. I remember quotes from Brown before that game talking about how much he was looking forward to playing RW.... we definitely put a hurt on him. Williams had some quote, at the time, about how he'd likely be able to put up 5k yards in a season up here....

I definitely remember the hype around Williams coming up here and being amped for the Bombers to crush him. Don't remember Williams being an ass about it though or coming in super cocky. Thought that was all the NFL fans dumping on the CFL.

46 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I remember Williams saying sometabout coming up here...and it getting a lot of thebplayers amped up. Don't remember anything specific though. I also remember watching 3 or 4 bombers crush him every time he got the ball.

Every D he played came with their best game when they played him. 
I don’t buy the 5k a year claim. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Every D he played came with their best game when they played him. 
I don’t buy the 5k a year claim. 

Yeah I can't find anything from him saying anything negative/cocky etc. in regards to his time in the CFL. It's all really positive to be honest. Noeller may have gotten 2 guys mixed up.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I don’t know what you’re asking. 

I'm not asking anything. I'm a bit confused on the mental gymnastics it takes to go from "player answering question about what he'd like to do" to "Player signing a contract based on producing all time stats" lol. I don't even know where to begin with that honestly.

Every single WR in the CFL should want the same thing and I suspect they all do. Mitchell was just the one asked a question.