Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

6 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders suck. Gainer sucks. Dickenson sucks. O'Day sucks. 

I used to like Craig Dickenson. I met him a couple of times at coaching clinics here in Calgary when my son was playing high school football nearly 20 years ago. He was a cool, calm & collected coach with a great sense of humour & always had a smile on his face. Full of positivity for his players. He was a receivers coach at the time. Then fast forward 2 decades to where he is now & he totally changed. He took on almost a villainous persona as HC of the Riders last year. Especially with the Garrett Marino situation & his unwillingness to do anything after it happened as well as some of the other issues with the team as the season went on. The way the Riders acted on the field or the sidelines. He became more darker, sullen & looks like he decided to take on that persona to take the pressure off of his players. Not a good look. I think fans & media have lost a lot of respect for him. Which is too bad as I was pretty disappointed with his actions last season. 

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I used to like Craig Dickenson. I met him a couple of times at coaching clinics here in Calgary when my son was playing high school football nearly 20 years ago. He was a cool, calm & collected coach with a great sense of humour & always had a smile on his face. Full of positivity for his players. He was a receivers coach at the time. Then fast forward 2 decades to where he is now & he totally changed. He took on almost a villainous persona as HC of the Riders last year. Especially with the Garrett Marino situation & his unwillingness to do anything after it happened as well as some of the other issues with the team as the season went on. The way the Riders acted on the field or the sidelines. He became more darker, sullen & looks like he decided to take on that persona to take the pressure off of his players. Not a good look. I think fans & media have lost a lot of respect for him. Which is too bad as I was pretty disappointed with his actions last season. 

Lol I don't think he looks like an evil villain.  I see a guy who lost control of the locker room and is lost as a head coach.

On 2023-04-14 at 2:55 PM, greenrider55 said:

Hope everyone is doing well here on MBB. I’m almost ready to emerge from my offseason hibernation, excited to talk CFL with you all.

Welcome back 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

and that's not just fan-speak.... they really do.... Dickie The Worse and JO'D are just awful at their jobs, based on the actual evidence in front of us. 

Honestly I think a big chunk of rider fans are of the same mind. If they start out poorly I wouldn’t be surprised to see half empty stands and the lowest tv ratings in 20 years from Regina. 

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lol I don't think he looks like an evil villain.  I see a guy who lost control of the locker room and is lost as a head coach.

More like Dickenson acts & said things to take the pressure off his team. Very similar to what Chris Jones & Don Matthews did when their teams were uder duress.

On 2023-04-14 at 2:55 PM, greenrider55 said:

Hope everyone is doing well here on MBB. I’m almost ready to emerge from my offseason hibernation, excited to talk CFL with you all.

Welcome back. Hope your time off of MBB has been good.

On 2023-04-15 at 12:05 PM, Noeller said:

and that's not just fan-speak.... they really do.... Dickie The Worse and JO'D are just awful at their jobs, based on the actual evidence in front of us. 

Looking forward to the riders turfing these two and get a good HC and GM in place to become much more competitive...

Rather have a healthy rivalry with a good team then just rolling in and kicking a bag of wet kittens. 

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

Cool coool.... Know what I want? 

This. Every game. Cause **** those assholes. 

I am kind of still angry we let our foot off the gas in that game. We could easily have hung 70 on them, and kept them down to under 10 points if we didn't mail in the 4th Q. They were stupid enough to be bragging all season how good their defence was...lmao. It was just as bad as their offence.

Was watching the USFL highlights just out of curiosity this morning. There were literally less that 200 people in attendance in Pittsburgh. In fact I've seen bigger crowds at a Bomber practice. This league is not going to make it. Bluto, you may get MBT back yet.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Was watching the USFL highlights just out of curiosity this morning. There were literally less that 200 people in attendance in Pittsburgh. In fact I've seen bigger crowds at a Bomber practice. This league is not going to make it. Bluto, you may get MBT back yet.

But then we'd be blocking Chad's inevitable triumph at Grey Cup after which he will be given an engraved invitation on a silver platter written in iambic pentameter to attend the NFL training camp of his choosing and be anointed as their QB1 so that he can escape his "**** contract" and miserable training facilities.

(OK, that last part is true...)

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

But then we'd be blocking Chad's inevitable triumph at Grey Cup after which he will be given an engraved invitation on a silver platter written in iambic pentameter to attend the NFL training camp of his choosing and be anointed as their QB1 so that he can escape his "**** contract" and miserable training facilities.

(OK, that last part is true...)

Yes, tough break for Chad. However, if he was available I am sure his presence in either of the spring leagues would probably sell out stadiums across the country. At any rate, he feels he is so good he could sit behind MBT in TO and still get his engraved invitation.

Edited by GCn20