Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Such a problem. 
lapo.jpeg

giphy.gif

Isn’t he out of football currently? Not often you see a 52 year old oc couple years removed from a gc out of football not by their choice is it? 

I like the guy as a person, as a football mind, and as a leader. I hope he sticks with tsn and they pay him really well. I’d love to see more of him and blm working together in the booth. I think you’d see some of the best and most interesting offensive football talk any where. 

And I couldn’t be happier that he isn’t the oc here any more. And I’ll add, it is insanely hard to make your way as an oc in American or Canadian football with out playing qb at the highest level or coming up under a great lineage.  50 years from now nfl coaches will still be drawing their line back to Shanahan and Reid. 

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's funny when someone lets someone they dislike live rent-free in their head. For years on end.

Is it really different than guys people love? That kinda goes hand in hand in all sports tbh. The worst thing to be is forgettable. Atleast if you are hated you’ll be remembered. No one is gonna remember the guys who play called by committee for us before or after worman. Or soo many ocs after that. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I'm just saying, when Paul lapolice is coaching your team you better have a damned good kicker because you will be kicking the ball a lot. 

You don't like it prove me wrong.

And a generational defense.  

Edited by wbbfan

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That was 2021. The 2019 D was lights out in the playoffs...but they didn't become generational until 2021 imo.

I think you’re forgetting the record for defensive turn overs in back to back years. We scored a crazy amount of defensive tds too in 18/19. 

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think you’re forgetting the record for defensive turn overs in back to back years. We scored a crazy amount of defensive tds too in 18/19. 

I'm not. Those years the Defense was good. In the playoffs very good! But not generational. There's a good chance this year's D can be just as good as the 2019 defense. There's no chance it will be as good as the 2021 defense. In fact, I'd bet good money we will never see a defense like that in our lifetime. 

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Pushed off. OPI. 😁

If you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin’.

That’s my favourite axiom in all of sports. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

2019 playoff D was an entirely different animal than 2019 regular season defense. 

Couple roster changes and philosophical changes past mid way really paid off. Also the offense getting a lot better keeping the d off the field helps. I think you can go back pretty far in the mafia era and find defenses that would be best in the league or better with less time on the field. 
 I miss those 5 forced turn overs per game days though. 

6 hours ago, Stickem said:

Looked like he pushed off a smurf as well.....I'm flagin' that one

With the size disparity I think you see that flag a lot more than if they are close in stature. That was like a dad pushing off in a father son game. “Here son have a seat” 

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

It was a totally fair question..... and tbh, I'm getting tired of Al coming in here once a week and dropping turd sandwiches for no reason. Nothing but negativity bombs once per week then gone again... oi vey. 

Cam Meredith retired. 

lqJ-5ci1_normal.jpg

To the game, I will be forever Gr8fu1! It’s time now I move on from the NFL to the next chapter in my life. Thank you the the @ChicagoBears @Saints the fans from all around the world. I heard you, and you helped me get where I am today! Thank you!
Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I am surprised I haven't seen more of this video on the Bombers' socials. Cool recruitment video from Strevy, Alford and Schoen.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/04/07/free-agent-recruitment/

Nice that those guys care enough to be a part of that as NFL players.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Cam Meredith retired. 

lqJ-5ci1_normal.jpg

To the game, I will be forever Gr8fu1! It’s time now I move on from the NFL to the next chapter in my life. Thank you the the @ChicagoBears @Saints the fans from all around the world. I heard you, and you helped me get where I am today! Thank you!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/e4/a5/2be4a51d24a1e1a0bf17d04a4208328b.jpg2be4a51d24a1e1a0bf17d04a4208328b.jpg