Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

22 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

The prospects they have signed so far give me hope that we will be able to di a nice rotational de and a linebacker with upside. Now if we can add a national or two in the draft that can takes some reps, look out.

and to do that we have to have people stop crapping on leggs....and let him grow this yr...and if he doesnt then cut bait...cause if we burn a DI spot on a kicker...especially one who doesnt do all 3 jobs....thats a waste of a DI in my opinion...I guess a Global could do it and save that valuable DI spot

10 hours ago, Booch said:

and to do that we have to have people stop crapping on leggs....and let him grow this yr...and if he doesnt then cut bait...cause if we burn a DI spot on a kicker...especially one who doesnt do all 3 jobs....thats a waste of a DI in my opinion...I guess a Global could do it and save that valuable DI spot

It was well used when Medlock was occupying it.

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Imop it’s a great use of a di if you have a guy who is elite in all 3 roles, like medlock was.  But finding a guy like that and keeping them for any amount of time is extremely hard.  Next to qb and ol kicker is the highest in demand position in the nfl. Soo many guys get run through and cycle team to team as they struggle to find elite legs. 
 Unless a medlock is available as a fa and past that nfl window age I think one ni or an ni and a global is by far the best situation to develop. Other wise you are looking for a new kicker every year maybe 2 and paying a lot for it. And with the depth of global leg talent that translates well to the Canadian game, it only makes more sense. 

18 hours ago, Mark H. said:

yeah...but thats not the norm....he was an anomoly....that being said....it left us a bit lean in skill position guys on the roster too tho.....which in my opinion in grand scheme is more important...when Med's was here for most part..we weren't as strong and deep across the board, and really...REALLY relied on him for a lot of wins, and left us with a less than stellar back-up on the roster to accomodate....we dont have that dire need now, so if we can fill it with Leggz again...or a Global...it makes us better...deeper

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah...but thats not the norm....he was an anomoly....that being said....it left us a bit lean in skill position guys on the roster too tho.....which in my opinion in grand scheme is more important...when Med's was here for most part..we weren't as strong and deep across the board, and really...REALLY relied on him for a lot of wins, and left us with a less than stellar back-up on the roster to accomodate....we dont have that dire need now, so if we can fill it with Leggz again...or a Global...it makes us better...deeper

Soo true. People criminally under rate how much medlock Carried us at times.  
 5 games in 16 when he hit 4 of 4 fgs. 60 makes in 18 games is crazy. 2 6 for 6 games in 17. In 18 5 games where he was perfect and hit 4 or more fgs including another 6 for 6. In 19 5 games in a row all  at or above 4 attempts with 0 misses. 30 of 31 in 7 games. Who puts up 90 points in 7 games 12.87 points per game while missing 1 kick? 
 No medlock? No 19 grey cup. With out him we might not have won back to back and appeared in 3 in a row at all. With out him giving the greatest stretch of kicking ever in his time here we probably don’t keep that team together long enough to become the dynasty. 

Edited by wbbfan

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

5 games in 16 when he hit 4 of 4 fgs. 60 makes in 18 games is crazy. 2 6 for 6 games in 17. In 18 5 games where he was perfect and hit 4 or more fgs including another 6 for 6. In 19 5 games in a row all  at or above 4 attempts with 0 misses. 30 of 31 in 7 games. Who puts up 90 points in 7 games 12.87 points per game while missing 1 kick? 
 No medlock? No 19 grey cup. With out him we might not have won back to back and appeared in 3 in a row at all. With out him giving the greatest stretch of kicking ever in his time here we probably don’t keep that team together long enough to become the dynasty. 

#LapoProblems.

48 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Even if the Bombers found a young guy as good as Medlock, unlikely they would be able to hold onto him for more than a season or two before heading South, so in the long-term good maybe more sustainable than great.  In 4-D chess Walters usually comes out ahead.

Winnipeg is head and shoulders above the rest of the league again coming into this season. Yes we need to improve our kicking compared to last season. But we don't need a kicker that's head and shoulders above the rest of the league in order to compete and win the cup.