Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Good lord. 

You’re right that’s kinda mean. 

40 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I know Miller blamed the overage on injuries but wouldn't they have had re-signing bonuses included in the total as well? 

Not that it matters but it would appear to me the team knowingly went over the cap.

I don’t think just under the draft pick punishment can be an accident. 

Weird, googled it, and this came up.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/nfl-rule-changes-2023-number-0-jersey/cbt71sngamdpzbw7vf6mryvx

The NFL is set to introduce a new number beginning in the 2023 season. Players will now have the option to wear the No. 0 jersey, something that had previously only been allowed at the college level.

At least one NFL player is already planning to wear No. 0 this year: Jaguars receiver Calvin Ridley, who announced his intentions on Twitter.

Pretty sure the CFL used to allow #0 and #00 as two different numbers.   Could be they are keeping #0 and getting rid of #00?

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

thanks to @DTonOB for putting in the work on this: 

Sure like the secondary. Wish ford was still here though. 

weren’t we flipping adamson to ol as well? 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Bought time we drafted some more OL depth. I wonder if the backend of this draft will be full of flyers on the NFL level talent? 

I think 6 imps 7 ni and 1 global is pretty strong depth for camp. It’s a perfect time to take a flyer on a futures nfl guy. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

s'posin' we might need a 2023 Training Camp/Pre-Season thread soon.....

And mini camp. Bout frickin time for some football! 

really feel like our secondary is underrated by a lot around the league. Yeah, our offense is going to be awesome, but that secondary has the potential to be something special. Also really interested to see if JJ's new off-season regime is going to result in more games played this year. If he and WJ5 can play most, if not all, games this year, that's going to be massive. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

really feel like our secondary is underrated by a lot around the league. Yeah, our offense is going to be awesome, but that secondary has the potential to be something special. Also really interested to see if JJ's new off-season regime is going to result in more games played this year. If he and WJ5 can play most, if not all, games this year, that's going to be massive. 

Improved health from jj and kyrie, plus an actual nose tackle if he pans out, that secondary plus the horses to rotate jj and Wj again and you have the makings of a very scary D. 

https://3downnation.com/2023/05/03/winnipeg-blue-bombers-sign-kicker-marc-orozco-two-others/

We talked about two of these guys when they were signed a few weeks ago but I didn't see it announced anywhere else that the Bombers are bringing back Robbie Lowes after he got hurt in rookie camp last year.  Glad to see he's healthy again.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/05/03/winnipeg-blue-bombers-sign-kicker-marc-orozco-two-others/

We talked about two of these guys when they were signed a few weeks ago but I didn't see it announced anywhere else that the Bombers are bringing back Robbie Lowes after he got hurt in rookie camp last year.  Glad to see he's healthy again.

I would bet that we have the only Bermudian pro football ever signed.