West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys

Nolby

I had a dream last night. The Bombers played the West Final in Halloween costumes. Zach was dressed as a television. Grant's costume wouldn't allow him to move his feet, so he attempted to log roll every time he received a kick. For some reason Simonize was there, dressed as a tree with no arm holes. He was constantly open, and the passes from Zach (who was surprisingly accurate given the bulk of his costume) would hit him in the trunk and fall to the turf. I was in the stands, constantly shouting "why do they keep throwing to the tree?!". We were losing when I woke up.

This game needs to start. Soon.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I remember that game. Greg Marshall utterly refused to cover passes in the flats all afternoon. One of the most infuriating games I've ever watched.

Yes, Ricky Ray was throwing short passes all day and his receivers were turning them into first downs

It was absolutely mind-numbing to watch

29 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I had a dream last night. The Bombers played the West Final in Halloween costumes. Zach was dressed as a television. Grant's costume wouldn't allow him to move his feet, so he attempted to log roll every time he received a kick. For some reason Simonize was there, dressed as a tree with no arm holes. He was constantly open, and the passes from Zach (who was surprisingly accurate given the bulk of his costume) would hit him in the trunk and fall to the turf. I was in the stands, constantly shouting "why do they keep throwing to the tree?!". We were losing when I woke up.

This game needs to start. Soon.

Just because they are called edibles does not mean you should take them for a bedtime snack. 

AgreeableWhiteBunny-size_restricted.gif

On 2022-11-10 at 10:55 AM, Bigblue204 said:

I noticed and tried watching (It was a bit boring honestly) the QEW rivalry doc the CFL made on Crave. So maybe there's a relationship there that can be expanded?

Crave is just an arm of Bell like CTV and TSN.

Streaming instead of sports channels will be death for a lot of sports...basically all of them short of the NFL.  Even the NFL is just dipping its toes in that pool.  100% of their games are still available OTA in local markets.  Eg if Minnesota and Tampa are playing on TNF or MNF one of the local CBS/ABC affiliates carries the game over the air.

The whole point of those sports channels is that people/commercial places just leave them on the in the background.  There's significant value for advertisers there.  Streaming you'll need people to seek the programming.  The streaming sites aren't really great at marketing live events.  Unless they come heavy with rights fees the value of advertising for sports leagues will be so poor that it won't be worth it yet.

12 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I just remember losing to the Eskimos - what made it the saddest? 

Other than me having bought Grey Cup tickets in Montreal hoping we would be there 

Mostly because it was Milts last game. Lesser so I suppose because it was the last of the KG (and Taman/Berry) era. IIRC the first team to lose to a crossover opponent. 

"The Lions and Bombers played twice last month to close out the regular season, but neither game meant anything in the standings. You have to go back to Week 5 when the Lions, who were 3-0 at the time, hosted the 4-0 Blue Bombers. The Lions averaged 45.6 points per game through the first three weeks and were the favourites, but Winnipeg left Vancouver with a convincing 43-22 win.

The first meeting, I can’t lie, we were complaining out there. We came into the game, feeling ourselves at 3-0,” said Lions defensive back Garry Peters. “So, we came into the game excited but we had a lot of excuses on the sideline. You gotta learn from every game. You grow from every game. It’s 20 games later, you can’t be the same team you were in game four.”

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/2022/11/12/lions-reckon-theyre-playing-with-house-money

Well, Peters can admit it....I'm not sure others on the Lions roster have that ability.

Seems like in a lot of the media sound bites..and some article that the Lions are trying to convince themselves they can hang with the Bombers

I also love to see all this hope by media for the Lions to pull this off...when a lot of the "facts" and "stats" dont support it....I see us coming out all business like and really making it look easy

Media picking BC is more of a hope at this point… let’s be honest, everybody outside of Winnipeg wants the lions to win this game… TSN is probably already writing the story line “kid Canada in the big game” “BC topples the dynasty… and I don’t blame them, another Bomber win is boring (for everybody else)… but our guys will show up ready and excited to crush those headlines….

BC needs to score over 30 to win today… I don’t think they get close… I’ll say 35-21 Bombers (one BC td comes in garbage time)