Whatever week this is - Non B2B Champs games

Geebrr

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

Counter point… imagine if the bombers hadn’t give O’Shea and Walters (at least) a third year…

Counter counter point... IIRC it's the only time in the CFL that giving a non-winning coach a 3rd year has worked.

PLAP thinks loser HC's should get more years, cuz that's exactly where he is right now.

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Counter counter point... IIRC it's the only time in the CFL that giving a non-winning coach a 3rd year has worked.

PLAP thinks loser HC's should get more years, cuz that's exactly where he is right now.

Early on, MOS was saddled with, a lousy roster, then Etch and Marcel B.   But a number of folks (including yours truly) felt that the (losing) culture was starting to turn around.  Our D then had bad back to back collapses in playoff games (BC Edm.)  At that point, the guy that every one want to can, was Hall.  MOS didn't bite.   And here we are now............

Yeah MOS and Dickenson are in completely different situations. MOS was given patience as the team was building.  Dickenson is in a situation where that was supposed to be an all in roster. They aren't really a young team building anything, they got a lot of experience on that roster that ain't likely to get significantly better. 

O'Day has built a crapnroster and Dickenson has coached it poorly. 

Closed circuit to confirmed moron Michael Ball:

The Bombers haven’t “only had a good run the past couple of years” . We have won more games than anyone, been to 4 straight West Finals, and are back to back Grey Cup Champions.  They are easily the best team of the last 6 years. We have done more in 6 years than the Saskatchewan Rough Riders have done in 100. 

We are the best franchise in league history and went 28 years between Cups. Consider yourselves lucky we did have a stupidly long Cup dry spell. 

On our way to a third straight in your barn, enjoy watching us celebrate. 

PS- your half empty stadium isn’t “propping up the league”. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah MOS and Dickenson are in completely different situations. MOS was given patience as the team was building.  Dickenson is in a situation where that was supposed to be an all in roster. They aren't really a young team building anything, they got a lot of experience on that roster that ain't likely to get significantly better. 

O'Day has built a crapnroster and Dickenson has coached it poorly. 

Lots of crap in the toilet bowl stadium.

Edited by Geebrr

Yeah....though Osh started put rocky.. but of no fault of his...as the team was a total mess...he so instilled the culture and beliefs day one that are still here today...and the foundation of our success.

He needed and got time to get all the pieces in place because there was progress on all fronts...and a lot of fronts we as fans dont see...and hence the now continuing success and professionalism 

Dickie and Oday.. inherited a team on the cusp   albeit with some character flaws and discipline issues and instead of addressing and fixing that ...they actually augmented it...added to it as the actual good things from the previous regime eroded away...there in is the big difference...and if they stay is a possible continued spiral...they havnt earned anything 

Oshea and Walter's...and other staff were earning that..and well we see the results...as for Lapp...he is a 2x now failure and to me that's a trend and indication of what he is as a HC

Also as an OC is highly overated...many here cringed we elevated Buck...we hoped Buck learned from him...etc..etc...nobody gave him much street cred or hope...i said from what I heard that Buck had huge input to Lapos scheme and game day input...and that he was a big part of the sucess..and I think after the last 2 yrs as evidence..and our offensive production and use of key personal...its pretty clear Buck is the better of the 2....so Lapo can be a stubborn ol prick and it's his way or highway and keep fingers outta the stew...Buck is polar opposite...and well...u see the results 

14 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Any idea where Bo might actually end up? As much as Suitor wants it to be in Sask I don’t see it happening. I have a feeling he takes the Burris route to Ottawa next year. Masoli ends up a Rider and Cofaj backs up  somewhere in the East. 

Hopefully, he signs a contract with Sask, takes a bonus cheque and then retires.

Can anyone really picture Bo Levi behind that hopeless mess of an O Line in sask.....It needs to be totally rebuilt and does Bo have that much time left in his career to wait for a rebuild.....hmmmm.. He's a bugger for punishment IF he signs on there BUT on the other hand big fat contracts can say a lot

He isn’t going there. 

Apparently his wife said she wouldn’t move there, and he has a grudge against how the fans have treated him over the years (same reason Masoli is never going there). 

That is on top of them just being a total disaster of an organization top to bottom. 

There are literally zero reasons to play there and have to live there outside of a massive over pay. 

He is going to go to the East division. 

30 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He isn’t going there. 

Apparently his wife said she wouldn’t move there, and he has a grudge against how the fans have treated him over the years (same reason Masoli is never going there). 

That is on top of them just being a total disaster of an organization top to bottom. 

There are literally zero reasons to play there and have to live there outside of a massive over pay. 

Yeah....I pretty confident he doesnt go there either...even if they throw cash at him...he going elsewhere...also think sask gonna end up with VAJ or the FAJ and that alone will be another epic failure...especially if they bring back oday and dickenson

56 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Can anyone really picture Bo Levi behind that hopeless mess of an O Line in sask.....It needs to be totally rebuilt and does Bo have that much time left in his career to wait for a rebuild.....hmmmm.. He's a bugger for punishment IF he signs on there BUT on the other hand big fat contracts can say a lot

Funny reading RF and them discussing which QB prospects they want. Not discussing the entire Oline that needs to be addressed first. I would overpay for an Oline in 2023 and use Fine, Dolgala and another young QB until the Oline is built back up with Canadians. I’m sure Bo doesn’t want to be sacked 70+ times next year. 

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Funny reading RF and them discussing which QB prospects they want. Not discussing the entire Oline that needs to be addressed first. I would overpay for an Oline in 2023 and use Fine, Dolgala and another young QB until the Oline is built back up with Canadians. I’m sure Bo doesn’t want to be sacked 70+ times next year. 

77...All time record 

And that oline wont be a 1..2 yr fix...really hard to fix via fee  agency as most good teams lock them up before they even get to FA

And the rare time one gets there...u will be paying for it...and their "pipeline" of guys is nothing...only upside I see with any is Ferland maybe being average...

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

77...All time record 

And that oline wont be a 1..2 yr fix...really hard to fix via fee  agency as most good teams lock them up before they even get to FA

And the rare time one gets there...u will be paying for it...and their "pipeline" of guys is nothing...only upside I see with any is Ferland maybe being average...

Why don't they go with 3 Americans on the Oline next year and then work on building the pipeline. 

If I was them I'd sign other teams' practice roster guys that aren't re-signed at the end of the season.

One or two of Richmond, Lofton and Witt from the Bombers will probably be available.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

He isn’t going there. 

Imo, BLM will only go to a team that agrees to anoint him starting QB before he signs with them. I don’t think he’s going to agree to competing for a starting job. If he can’t get that, I think we see him on the TSN panel.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah....I pretty confident he doesnt go there either...even if they throw cash at him...he going elsewhere...also think sask gonna end up with VAJ or the FAJ and that alone will be another epic failure...especially if they bring back oday and dickenson

Why would he go there to get hit a ton, deal with the fans, live in Regina, and lose? 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Imo, BLM will only go to a team that agrees to anoint him starting QB before he signs with them. I don’t think he’s going to agree to competing for a starting job. If he can’t get that, I think we see him on the TSN panel.

I don’t disagree. But, I think it will be out East.

If he ends up anywhere in west its bc I bet if Rourke tests nfl

Other than that not sure where in east...cant see it ott as masoli I sure gets the chance and he a Burke guy..that's the gms name right? 

T.O I sure sticks with the 2 they have...and I guess maybe whatever team between Mtl and ham who craps bed most in playoffs gives him the shot...and riders get their castoffs by default?? 

The Qb scene is really pretty settled right now other than sask and possibly bc if rourke leaves...and really any pending free agent who could be available are all meh......its the Faj...the vaj...and the BLM...not sure Harris' contract status but if he takes them to cup I cant see them dumping him for anything that's out there...

36 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Suiter has no clue.

Suitor knows SFA. He also compared Faj to BLM 

BLM isn’t going to pick a team before seeing what free agency offers. That is moronic. 

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

If he ends up anywhere in west its bc I bet if Rourke tests nfl

Other than that not sure where in east...cant see it ott as masoli I sure gets the chance and he a Burke guy..that's the gms name right? 

T.O I sure sticks with the 2 they have...and I guess maybe whatever team between Mtl and ham who craps bed most in playoffs gives him the shot...and riders get their castoffs by default?? 

The Qb scene is really pretty settled right now other than sask and possibly bc if rourke leaves...and really any pending free agent who could be available are all meh......its the Faj...the vaj...and the BLM...not sure Harris' contract status but if he takes them to cup I cant see them dumping him for anything that's out there...

I could see literally any team in the East. I wouldn’t be married to any of them.  I’d probably agree with you on Masoli if he was able to stay healthy. 

BLM knows Dinwiddie and the 50 other ex Stumps there now + the easier path to a Grey Cup. I’d say that is the front runner.