Whatever week this is - Non B2B Champs games

Geebrr

Just now, TBURGESS said:

Why do you insist on arguing the studies & timelines again & again & again & again...? It's been decided since post 1 that Rourke is ahead of schedule. You're arguing a point that has already been decided over and over again.

No one is saying Rourke isn't ahead of schedule. No one is saying he's back to normal. No one is saying he's 100%. No one is saying he's pain free. No one is even saying he'll last the whole quarter, let alone the whole game.

It's a matter of opinion, not fact, that it's "a desperate rush job and frankly stupid". The fact is he's going to play before most other players. The rest is your conjecture & your conjecture isn't fact no matter how much you believe it is. That's the crux of this stupid argument. You don't like your opinion being challenged. You believe it's fact and expect it to be treated that way otherwise it's days and days of angry text that ends up in name calling, cuz that's your intellectual level. 

why do u....the healing process for the most part isnt one u can get ahead of....and no...its not conjecture...your point and opinion is yours and your alone....u have no clue what u are talking about...or inner workings of teams and pro sport injuries...but I do...and not to toot my own horn but toot toot toot....and yeah I called u a name...and in the context it suited u just appropriately....and as for intellectual levels I am more than confident mine is at a much higher level in this respect...and like u said....an opinion can be swayed with facts...but your opinion has none...zip...nadda whether u think it does or not....u like to twist...and or cherry pick aspects of peoples comments or opinions on here continually which is totally fine....its a public forum...so have at er, and u contradict yourself always...like in that post I am quoting...u said "nobody said rourke isn't ahead of schedule"  and then you also said its been decided since post 1 that he is ahead of schedule...so which is it????.....and that decision was basically yours...nobody else here said it....or truly believes it regardless what comes out of Farhans yap hole or the Lions themselves...

Didn't a guy in the NFL just get the exact same injury last weekend and with 11 weeks until playoffs he has been ruled out for the year. 

11 weeks left and guy is done until next year. This is some shadey stuff here. Hope Rourke doesn't reinjure himself, but I have a feeling that he will. It's nice right now but the sun goes down and it's cold... no climate controlled dome here 

42 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Didn't a guy in the NFL just get the exact same injury last weekend and with 11 weeks until playoffs he has been ruled out for the year. 

11 weeks left and guy is done until next year. This is some shadey stuff here. Hope Rourke doesn't reinjure himself, but I have a feeling that he will. It's nice right now but the sun goes down and it's cold... no climate controlled dome here 

it's how its been....forever except in this instance....but he's ahead of schedule and its all good...hahaha.....which is physiologically and medically impossible but whatever we can let the nay sayer believe he right and that its all good according to BC doctors....of whom in a recent article with Rourke has told him he will never be 100% again...not with this injury....and definitely when not fully through the healing process...heck....based on every Lisfranc surgery before that needed hardware, he is still a good 4 weeks before its deemed healed enough to remove it...so yup...he should have no issues or risks hahaha

20 hours ago, Booch said:

why do u....the healing process for the most part isnt one u can get ahead of....and no...its not conjecture...your point and opinion is yours and your alone....u have no clue what u are talking about...or inner workings of teams and pro sport injuries...but I do...and not to toot my own horn but toot toot toot....and yeah I called u a name...and in the context it suited u just appropriately....and as for intellectual levels I am more than confident mine is at a much higher level in this respect...and like u said....an opinion can be swayed with facts...but your opinion has none...zip...nadda whether u think it does or not....u like to twist...and or cherry pick aspects of peoples comments or opinions on here continually which is totally fine....its a public forum...so have at er, and u contradict yourself always...like in that post I am quoting...u said "nobody said rourke isn't ahead of schedule"  and then you also said its been decided since post 1 that he is ahead of schedule...so which is it????.....and that decision was basically yours...nobody else here said it....or truly believes it regardless what comes out of Farhans yap hole or the Lions themselves...

Can't win with facts, go to personal attacks.

The argument so far:

1) You: The facts show he's ahead of schedule.

Me: Yup.

You: Look at this that shows he's ahead of schedule.

Me: Yup

You: That means the Lions are a horrible organization who are forcing him back too soon.

Me: Imma gonna have to stop you right there. It doesn't meant that.

Repeat from 1 for days.

You: You aren't reading what I'm saying.

Me: I am, but I'm disagreeing with your conclusion.

2) You: Everyone believes me.

Me: ALMOST everyone & so what? That doesn't turn your opinion into a fact,

You: Personal slurs.

Me: Yawn

You: You twist everything.

Me: Name one.

You: I can't.

You: You contradict yourself.

You: It's a fact, not conjecture.

Repeat from 2 for days.

You: I used to almost be someone. I'm smarter than you. You should agree with me based on those two things.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FTR: ""nobody said rourke isn't ahead of schedule"  and then you also said its been decided since post 1 that he is ahead of schedule...so which is it????" - No one is saying he isn't ahead of schedule means that everyone agrees he is ahead of schedule. They aren't opposite statements. You'd know that if you really were a smart guy.

You: No one believes it, then you give two examples of other folks who believe it. Add in TSN for the trifecta. What you mean to say is Morning Big Blue forum members agree with you. I'd agree with that.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rourke was rusty last night. He under threw 2 deep balls that he would have completed easily preinjury. He was making the right reads quickly as he did before the injury, took some big hits, & fumbled. Not a great outing, but not a horrible one either. He didn't re-injure his foot that we know of, so no harm no foul.

59 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Can't win with facts, go to personal attacks.

The argument so far:

1) You: The facts show he's ahead of schedule.

Me: Yup.

You: Look at this that shows he's ahead of schedule.

Me: Yup

You: That means the Lions are a horrible organization who are forcing him back too soon.

Repeat from 1 for days.

You: You aren't reading what I'm saying.

Me: I am, but I'm disagreeing with your conclusion.

2) You: Everyone believes me.

Me: ALMOST everyone & so what? That doesn't turn your opinion into a fact,

You: You twist everything.

You: You contradict yourself.

You: It's a fact, not conjecture.

Repeat from 2 for days.

You: I used to almost be someone. I'm smarter than you. You should agree with me based on those two things.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FTR: ""nobody said rourke isn't ahead of schedule"  and then you also said its been decided since post 1 that he is ahead of schedule...so which is it????" - No one is saying he isn't ahead of schedule means that everyone agrees he is ahead of schedule. They aren't opposite statements. You'd know that if you really were a smart guy.

You: No one believes it, then you give two examples of other folks who believe it. Add in TSN for the trifecta. What you mean to say is Morning Big Blue forum members agree with you. I'd agree with that.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rourke was rusty last night. He under threw 2 deep balls that he would have completed easily preinjury. He was making the right reads quickly as he did before the injury, took some big hits, & fumbled. Not a great outing, but not a horrible one either. He didn't re-injure his foot that we know of, so no harm no foul.

You seem to be the only one bothered by..and hold the "I used to be someone..blag blah blah" narrative...I guess in your pre retirement  life u musta had to deal with many a colleague where u felt the same...and it stuck as a bee in your bonnet.

I gave opinion ..experience and discussion points from a different perspective...one that many appreciate whether they fully agree...or not...and have had many a private message from members thanking for it...and or have on going discussion on things Bombers and things football...as for your never ending argument I never on e said rourke was ahead of schedule...that was solely on u...just the spin spin that u do on all kinds of topics...and as for the name calling part...and intellectual aspect...or your percieved lack of intellect...well when someone acts like a ****** or whatever word I used as I dont recall not feel the need to look back....well then call a spade a spade...dont like it...feel slighted...dont be one...I bet if we were to take a poll on here 99 percent would agree that is your history and m.o on here more than not...sorry that I was a person who said what most think...but is what it is...u said I lacked intellect...did u see me rant and rave about that like u did...nope

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Nothing says healthy and ahead of schedule like needing to keep your foot elevated while on the bench. 

Yup...and the spin they tried to say how they did "extra" hardware install to get him back faster as that was the plan from get go...what a load of crap that was

Just now, Geebrr said:

Said 

Said it in a different thread - I’ve never seen a healed foot have to be elevated, let alone between series. 

Does anyone really think after a full game against the stamps he not gonna be feeling it and hobbling with another full game against us?..that's if they even get past the stamps...or he even gets through the game

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

You seem to be the only one bothered by..and hold the "I used to be someone..blag blah blah" narrative...I guess in your pre retirement  life u musta had to deal with many a colleague where u felt the same...and it stuck as a bee in your bonnet.

I gave opinion ..experience and discussion points from a different perspective...one that many appreciate whether they fully agree...or not...and have had many a private message from members thanking for it...and or have on going discussion on things Bombers and things football...as for your never ending argument I never on e said rourke was ahead of schedule...that was solely on u...just the spin spin that u do on all kinds of topics...and as for the name calling part...and intellectual aspect...or your percieved lack of intellect...well when someone acts like a ****** or whatever word I used as I dont recall not feel the need to look back....well then call a spade a spade...dont like it...feel slighted...dont be one...I bet if we were to take a poll on here 99 percent would agree that is your history and m.o on here more than not...sorry that I was a person who said what most think...but is what it is...u said I lacked intellect...did u see me rant and rave about that like u did...nope

You: I used to almost be someone, so you musta had to deal with someone who felt the same and are angry about it.

Me: I used to be someone in my field, I don't go on about it online, cuz it no longer matters.

You: Not understanding that both statements about Rourke are the same thing, then calling me out on my intellect.

Me: That should be really embarrassing for you.

You: Everyone believes me, we should take a poll.

Me: So what? That doesn't turn your opinion into a fact,

You: Finally admitting that you are giving opinions not facts.

Me: Priceless!

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Does anyone really think after a full game against the stamps he not gonna be feeling it and hobbling with another full game against us?..that's if they even get past the stamps...or he even gets through the game

Given that he didn't look anywhere near as good as VAJ why even rush him? He clearly isn't the lions beat chance to win at this moment so why put him at risk?

15 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I am starting to think Rourke doesn’t play next week. 

I bet that foot feels like **** today. 

I don't think he's necessarily their best chance to win in current condition.  Calgary will run a bunch of zone blitz at him I'd bet if he does play.  He won't have the mobility to get to where he needs to get to so he can throw downfield and he seemed to have a real hard time with the throws that needed more from his lower half last night.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I can’t see it happening. 

I am real 50/50 on him playing next week. If I had to pick I would say he doesn’t. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Given that he didn't look anywhere near as good as VAJ why even rush him? He clearly isn't the lions beat chance to win at this moment so why put him at risk?

Imagine not looking as good as VAJ …

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't think he's necessarily their best chance to win in current condition.  Calgary will run a bunch of zone blitz at him I'd bet if he does play.  He won't have the mobility to get to where he needs to get to so he can throw downfield and he seemed to have a real hard time with the throws that needed more from his lower half last night.

Yep. When we started bringing pressure his game deteriorated - regardless of the TSN spin 

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You: I used to almost be someone, so you musta had to deal with someone who felt the same and are angry about it.

Me: I used to be someone in my field, I don't go on about it online, cuz it no longer matters.

You: Not understanding that both statements about Rourke are the same thing, then calling me out on my intellect.

There it is heheh...fooly man...thanks for the entertainment...your priceless 

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Respectfully, TB, no one agrees that he’s ahead of schedule - as you suggest.

Most are in agreement that’s he’s right where he’s expected to be, but is playing on it anyway. And, frankly, his play and needing to keep it elevated to prevent swelling suggests that’s the correct take.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If Burnham and Rourke are close to 100 percent next week, I think it’s a toss up. If they aren’t, we see the Stumps in two weeks.

They also most likely will be missing Lucky and Cottoy.

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Lapo back where he belongs

Where he at?