2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

8 hours ago, Rod Black said:

She was a Bomber fan. Bud Grant meets the queen before the 1938 Banjo Bowl. 

That is beautiful in so many ways!

best ever was that dude in Winnipeg who did the ultimate Queen at Jets games just like the painting in the old barn. Guards, horse drawn Carriage, it was awesome.

him and Golden Boy WIN!🤪😆

Edited by GOLD MEMBER

Nice Winnipeg Sun article about Hassell:

‘I could cry right now:’ Former NFL player J.T. Hassell adding Bombers’ chapter to inspiring pro football story
Author of the article:Ted Wyman

Defensive back and former NFL player J.T. Hassell will be in the line-up as a backup on Saturday when the Blue Bombers host the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the annual Banjo Bowl at sold-out IG Field.
Defensive back and former NFL player J.T. Hassell will be in the line-up as a backup on Saturday when the Blue Bombers host the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the annual Banjo Bowl at sold-out IG Field. 

If it was surprising to many observers of the CFL that defensive back J.T. Hassell earned a spot in the Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ line-up just a few days after signing a contract, it probably shouldn’t have been. Hassell has been surprising people his whole life.
By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc. You may unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. Postmedia Network Inc. | 365 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4 | 416-383-2300
“I was born with a birth defect on my left hand, only having two fingers, and barely making it out of my mom’s stomach,” Hassell said Friday after the Bombers held a walk through at IG Field.

“Growing up, single mom. You know, that’s a blessing within itself and just everything else I’ve been through.”
Hassell, a 27-year-old from Titusville, on Florida’s Space Coast, never let difficult circumstances get in his way. Despite having a deformed hand, he made peewee teams and high school teams and eventually played football at the Florida Institute of Technology.  He then became the only player in that school’s history to make it to the NFL. The school’s football program has since been discontinued.
Though undrafted, Hassell played four games with the Cleveland Browns in 2019 and three with the New York Jets in 2020. He had eight career tackles and blocked a kick with the Jets in 2020.

He’d been at home for more than a year when the Bombers came calling recently. An injury to American cornerback DeMerio Houston left the Bombers secondary a little thin and Hassell provides depth and pro experience.

“It’s just an honour (to be here),” Hassell said. “I could cry right now. It’s just an honour to be here. I’m at a loss for words, honestly.”

4 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

J.T.-Hassell-49-13954-1600x1067.jpg

Looks like the guys are getting along just fine already. Can't wait to see these guys in person tomorrow. LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys that are playing in their first game as a Bomber need to dance in the middle of the team at the end of last practice before the game. 

That's what this picture is from.

BOLO can bring us more big play downfield I think...blocking prob similar...but that clutch Woli grabs...that will be missed but sure someone will step up....Hello Sheed...and on his td u saw BOLO do what Woli would have been...that reciever group is tight tight...play for each other 100%

3 hours ago, Booch said:

BOLO can bring us more big play downfield I think...blocking prob similar...but that clutch Woli grabs...that will be missed but sure someone will step up....Hello Sheed...and on his td u saw BOLO do what Woli would have been...that reciever group is tight tight...play for each other 100%

Yeh BOLO isn't as sure a catcher