2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

16 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Calgary is 4 games back in the win column and has lost the season series. Let's say Winnipeg goes 4-4, do you see the Stamps going 9-1?

I don't, but that doesn't = easier 2nd half.

16 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Fact: I read the above in a Dwight Shrute voice. It's perfect.

My avatar is working then.

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The question is if BC sweeps the riders back to back and they fall to 5-6 are they still a tough match up or do they then suck? You want to talk about a team with a tough 2nd half look no further than Saskatchewan.  They're going to be seeing an awful lot of bc, winnipeg and calgary from here on out.

You put entirely too much emphasis in meaningless things such are in season records. There are 3 teams worth a damn in the cfl so far based in performance,  not record and they are winnipeg,  bc and calgary.  We played and beat those teams 3 times in a 10 week condensed no break schedule. We get to play them 3 times in the more rest time back half of the schedule.

What If's doesn't = an argument & I'm not saying the Riders are great, just better than most of the teams we played in the 1st half of the season.

16 hours ago, Jesse said:

And as you have been told, pretty much everyone thinks the second half will be easier.

& I think pretty much everyone is wrong.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Crowduck lake! The site of my first "boys" fishing trip the year we graduated high school. We are now on year 25, same guys. We go to a different lake now, but still call it the Crowduck trip.

Yeah, not to derail a thread (Manitoba fishing is my favourite topic...maybe more than Bombers) but Crowduck isn't what it once was. It used to be an elite fishery in Manitoba with a lot of trophies. It's become stunted and now it's mostly an "eaters" lake, as you can tell by the pictures from the Bombers trip. Depending on what you're trying to catch, you're better off in The Nopiming or in Sunset Country. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, not to derail a thread (Manitoba fishing is my favourite topic...maybe more than Bombers) but Crowduck isn't what it once was. It used to be an elite fishery in Manitoba with a lot of trophies. It's become stunted and now it's mostly an "eaters" lake, as you can tell by the pictures from the Bombers trip. Depending on what you're trying to catch, you're better off in The Nopiming or in Sunset Country. 

Yeah, for sure. That first year in 1997, we were snagging master anglers before our jig even hit the bottom of the lake. Years later the fish were much smaller and much less frequent. Still pretty good compared to other lakes, but not as legendary.

Back on topic: Banjo Bowl officially sold out!

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Yeah, for sure. That first year in 1997, we were snagging master anglers before our jig even hit the bottom of the lake. Years later the fish were much smaller and much less frequent. Still pretty good compared to other lakes, but not as legendary.

Back on topic: Banjo Bowl officially sold out!

so glad we made that game part of our mini pack of season tickets! Haven't been to one since 2006.... PUMPED!! 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Not to derail a thread either, but Kississing Lake is the ultimate. You get to fight some big ass lake trout, and there are places where eater sized walleye litetally jump into your boat. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Family and friends. 

I thought it was pretty big that all those guys stayed on the off week. First time all year they could get home. Texans know how to deal with and beat the heat. 
 The fact they had a group event in mb instead is a great statement about the dedication of this squad. 

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I did not know that was the name of the game. 

The bean bag one, that is. 

ESPN2 was showing cornhole instead of the Bombers @ Montreal game when I was down in the States.  At least they showed the Bomber/Stamps.

Wife and I were super into beer pong for awhile, then it was ladder golf, and now the bean bag toss thing..... we want to get a Bombers logo-ed set, with blue and gold bean bags. Got a buddy who works in digital print, and trying to find out if his company can do something for us. It's fun. Playing at the Kilter Brew Co anniversary event in June, along the banks of the Seine (??) River....that was a damn good night. 

Corn hole is popular in the USA. 

Not gonna BS if you got kids or a kid and a spot in your yard... it's a fun game 

Corn hole and zip lines have replaced street hockey  

I don't fish cuz I'm sober so... where exactly is crowduck lake? More north or Kenora ish? 

Edited by Goalie

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wife and I were super into beer pong for awhile, then it was ladder golf, and now the bean bag toss thing..... we want to get a Bombers logo-ed set, with blue and gold bean bags. Got a buddy who works in digital print, and trying to find out if his company can do something for us. It's fun. Playing at the Kilter Brew Co anniversary event in June, along the banks of the Seine (??) River....that was a damn good night. 

We call it Testee Toss and if you play it on a dock it improves your accuracy really quick.

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't fish cuz I'm sober so... where exactly is crowduck lake? More north or Kenora ish? 

Connected to Big Whiteshell Lake in the Whiteshell....

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We call it Testee Toss and if you play it on a dock it improves your accuracy really quick.

Christ...those bolos don't exactly float either......very interesting twist. But pretty much everything in life is better when a dock is involved.