Pre-Season Game 2 - Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Tuesday May 31

Rich

6 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Only the days that end in “Y”. Or so I’m told. 

I actually like Speed’s take on many things, and he is a true long-time fan who knows the history of the club. 

He knows several guys though...so be careful. 

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Rich would like to see you in his office...bring your playbook.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Oh, boy, one-on-one coaching with the boss. This is going to be sweet. See you guys at the next meeting!

We'll handle it internally...bring your database.

Like others I liked what Clements was doing out there, flew around and had good instincts.  "Looked" like a LB. 

Was worried bout the American DL with stove leaving but like the push and motor from Randle. 

Was hoping to see the big yank corner, Rene? I didnt see him. 

Elillingson would be wise to make some noise early, a few young guys behind him that look like players...plus they are at a fraction of his salary. 

Borsa, let's keep him. 

Drew B looked poised and confident.  

Prokup threw some dimes late in the game. 

Just another IG west win. 

1 minute ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Like others I liked what Clements was doing out there, flew around and had good instincts.  "Looked" like a LB. 

Was worried bout the American DL with stove leaving but like the push and motor from Randle. 

Was hoping to see the big yank corner, Rene? I didnt see him. 

Elillingson would be wise to make some noise early, a few young guys behind him that look like players...plus they are at a fraction of his salary. 

Borsa, let's keep him. 

Drew B looked poised and confident.  

Prokup threw some dimes late in the game. 

Just another IG west win. 

Rene is Canadian...and a bit knicked up right now

7 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Every now and again? 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47beulhikzryqbsvdiez

I haven't been spitballin' mad here for years now. I've worked hard to calm down & reign it in a lot as I know that I can be a difficult poster to deal with & have been in the past. I'm not perfect as I still have my moments but I try everyday to be better as well as gain people's trust here.

Not that I want anyone to feel sorry for me but a lot of the anger I have/had was from anxiety & depression which I've suffered from for years all the way back to Grade 10 when I first had suicidal thoughts as school for me that year was an abysmal failure. Or just suck it up!!

It went undiagnosed for decades. It was always, "He has a bad temper." Well, yes & no as it was more than that. But when you feel some days like you're going to die if you leave the house, it's a tough life not knowing why. I was so angry, nervous & sad all the time. I've sought professional help & it is helping. Anyway, enough!

I don't want to be the person here I used to be.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I haven't been spitballin' mad here for years now. I've worked hard to calm down & reign it in a lot as I know that I can be a difficult poster to deal with & have been in the past. I'm not perfect as I still have my moments but I try everyday to be better as well as gain people's trust here.

Not that I want anyone to feel sorry for me but a lot of the anger I have/had was from anxiety & depression which I've suffered from for years all the way back to Grade 10 when I first had suicidal thoughts as school for me that year was an abysmal failure. Or just suck it up!!

It went undiagnosed for decades. It was always, "He has a bad temper." Well, yes & no as it was more than that. But when you feel some days like you're going to die if you leave the house, it's a tough life not knowing why. I was so angry, nervous & sad all the time. I've sought professional help & it is helping. Anyway, enough!

All the homies here

Many men suffer from depression and others mental stressors and are expected to suck it up because we are supposed to weather everything life throws at us without complaint or pause. There is a good reason that men are three times more likely to make suicidal gestures than women because of this macho image crap.

When my wife, the light of my life died, I really struggled. It was the worst time of my life and the one person I would have wanted most to have with me was absent and beyond my reach.  Even with all my training and experience I spiraled down into an abyss. I was more fortunate than many- I  had concerned, loving friends and family, professional connections and despite all these, I was afraid to fill out a prescription for the Triazolam my doctor friend and colleague wrote for me.

Depression is a lonely journey at the best of times and if we are afraid of admitting we cannot handle things and reach out, it is a lot worse.

Edited by Tracker

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Ok actually you may be right. But I think edm got some value Toronto basically just gave every thing to us for nothing. 

In the Ray trade, EDM got Jyles, Grant Shaw and a draft pick that turnes into Austin Pasztor. Jyles finished out that year (2012) with Edm and was later cut. Shaw kicked for EDM from 2012 to 2016. Pasztor never played on CFL, he made it to the NFL.

TOR won 2 Grey Cups with Ray at the helm, including the year the season after the trade occurred. During Ray's stint in TO tho, he was injured lots

Tldr; EDM traded Ray to TO for a placekicker and 1/2 year of Steven Jyles. Shaw's unverified FG % (career) was about 80%.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Many men suffer from depression and others mental stressors and are expected to suck it up because we are supposed to weather everything life throws at us without complaint or pause. There is a good reason that men are three times more likely to make suicidal gestures than women because of this macho image crap.

When my wife, the light of my life died, I really struggled. It was the worst time of my life and the one person I would have wanted most to have with me was absent and beyond my reach.  Even with all my training and experience I spiraled down into an abyss. I was more fortunate than many- I  had concerned, loving friends and family, professional connections and despite all these, I was afraid to fill out a prescription for the Triazolam my doctor friend and colleague wrote for me.

Depression is a lonely journey at the best of times and if we are afraid of admitting we cannot handle things and reach out, it is a lot worse.

That would have been absolutely terrible to deal with. It's something you never get over.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Support bro. Mental health ain't no joke. Been there, took over two years off work on WCB for mental health reasons.  My **** will always be there but got some skills through that process and therapy to work through it moving forward. 

Dont ever apologize for being injured.  

2 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Support bro. Mental health ain't no joke. Been there, took over two years off work on WCB for mental health reasons.  My **** will always be there but got some skills through that process and therapy to work through it moving forward. 

Dont ever apologize for being injured.  

Thank you. Glad things are working out for you. I have a hard time accepting that good things can happen to me. As in, I deserve it. Even though I feel at times I don't. I used to feel I wasn't good enough to be happy.

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

In the Ray trade, EDM got Jyles, Grant Shaw and a draft pick that turnes into Austin Pasztor. Jyles finished out that year (2012) with Edm and was later cut. Shaw kicked for EDM from 2012 to 2016. Pasztor never played on CFL, he made it to the NFL.

TOR won 2 Grey Cups with Ray at the helm, including the year the season after the trade occurred. During Ray's stint in TO tho, he was injured lots

Tldr; EDM traded Ray to TO for a placekicker and 1/2 year of Steven Jyles. Shaw's unverified FG % (career) was about 80%.

Cut players who get a road map and an apple get more lol. Football karma that tor lost soo much for Willy. 

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I remember the Ray trade. It was so one sided in the Argos favour that people wondered what Esks/Elks GM Eric Tillman was doing.. There was speculation that more was going to come from the Argos but it never did. Fans also thought that the Argos may have paid Tillman under the table to get that trade done. Did that happen? I don't think that question was ever answered.

14 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I recall some people online even suggesting that the CFL had a hand in making the trade happen because they wanted Toronto to be in their 100th Grey Cup game. It was a trade so dumb that nobody could believe that it could have happened without some shadiness somewhere in the background of it all.

With Tillman coming off of that sexual misconduct charge in Regina with his babysitter, he got a second chance to resume his GM duties in Edmonton. Then he pulled this stunt... errr... trade sending Ray to the Argos. With his reputation shattered from his time in Regina, it's no wonder people thought this was a shady deal & money may have changed hands under the table because the trade made zero sense. Tillman was eventually fired as Edmonton's GM only to resurface in Hamilton a couple of years later as someone behind the scenes as a consultant. It was his last stop in the CFL. He's gone now. 

2 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I recall some people online even suggesting that the CFL had a hand in making the trade happen because they wanted Toronto to be in their 100th Grey Cup game. It was a trade so dumb that nobody could believe that it could have happened without some shadiness somewhere in the background of it all.

Feels like so long ago now but... I remember there being outrage over the trade at the time. And, wasn't it suggested that the CFL veto the trade? 

I'm going to have to go back and read some opinions of the trade right after it happened. 

I hear you guys. Mental health is something I’ve struggled with all my life. Even to this day it’s always an uphill battle even though I have methods of dealing with it. Two things that really changed my life around was working out and sports, particularly  my connection with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Nothing gives me more joy in life then watching a Bomber game, and as I get older I find myself on here talking with you fine people. It’s hard to find a connection to people who love this team as much as I do so I enjoy sharing my time talking about this team with you guys. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That would have been absolutely terrible to deal with. It's something you never get over.

I found out that grief is not restricted to losing someone out of your life. It also occurs when our childhood is stolen from us, betrayals, and losing the vitality that comes from aging.

I am not the same person I was before Mo died. I think and hope that I am now more empathic  and gentle with people I see who have been deeply bruised by life's traumas. And there is scar tissue but life carries us onward. The pain has passed, but I still am grateful for having had and miss her presence. We are given memory that we might have roses in winter.

I have been fortunate in finding a wonderful woman who is willing to put up with me. It is not the same relationships as we had with our deceased spouses, but we care about and for each other.