Pre-Season Game 2 - Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Tuesday May 31

Rich

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

Once again....  I think Matt Nichols being unable to throw a ball more then 10 yards was the biggest factor of LaPo's struggles with us.  With Collaros LaPo didn't have issues mixing up the play calls and calling more deep shots.   

In 2017, Matty could throw. His injury didn't occur until 2019. It's LaPo's style of offense. It's his comfort zone. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Back-to-back Grey Cups, record breaking defence, top ranked offence, and some here need to re-hash their 90th re-telling of the same tired 4 year old narrative of which of our Cup winning offensive personnel was the most useless and the cause of all of our championship-level misery. How about we just enjoy the rings and start a fresh take on Ambrosie’s scarves?

I swear, this board some days. 

Haha… I was just thinking the same thing… how does every conversation inevitably end up with an argument over Nichols and LaPo?? 😆

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Back-to-back Grey Cups, record breaking defence, top ranked offence, and some here need to re-hash their 90th re-telling of the same tired 4 year old narrative of which of our Cup winning offensive personnel was the most useless and the cause of all of our championship-level misery. How about we just enjoy the rings and start a fresh take on Ambrosie’s scarves?

I swear, this board some days. 

Ok but how do you feel about that blown INT in the 2007 Grey Cup? 

Just now, JCon said:

Yes, but he would have had a 3rd ring. 

Not bad. Seems like a good coach. 

Maybe maybe not. Maybe the kicker got distracted by too many men prior to that kick.

If he was truly a good coach he would have had more than 3 grey cup rings. Could have had one as a Bomber head coach if he even tried to win the game. Could have Maybe got further in 2018 if he tried to win the game.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Maybe maybe not. Maybe the kicker got distracted by too many men prior to that kick.

If he was truly a good coach he would have had more than 3 grey cup rings. Could have had one as a Bomber head coach if he even tried to win the game. Could have Maybe got further in 2018 if he tried to win the game.

This has gone wayyyyyyy beyond absurd at this point. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What an arbitrary and somewhat ridiculous metric. 

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ok so more then 3 Grey cup wins is considered good, less then three is considered lousy, ok gotcha good to know O’Shea and Walters are on the hot seat this year and need to win a third so that they’re not on 17to85’s lousy list!

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

Biggest issue i always had with Lapo during his time here was that he always seemed to coach not to lose as opposed to coaching to win. Never had a killer instinct and would always get ultra conservative with the smallest lead, often losing in the end.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Just ignore 17to85. He was all in on Joe Mack’a kool-aid and the whole “IMWT” nonsense so has always blamed LaPo for that regime’s failure to salvage his credibility for backing a loser.  Speed I’m not sure, but seems to be mad at something every now and again. And Booch knows a guy. Brandon always loved the back-up so Nichols was his target. And both had their strong points and their flaws. Love them, hate them, who cares? We will always have the 2019 Grey Cup championship that they were both a part of, whatever credit you want to give them or not. Time to move on to new discussions. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Just ignore 17to85. He was all in on Joe Mack’a kool-aid and the whole “IMWT” nonsense so has always blamed LaPo for that regime’s failure to salvage his credibility for backing a loser.  Speed I’m not sure, but seems to be mad at something every now and again. And Booch knows a guy. Brandon always loved the back-up so Nichols was his target. And both had their strong points and their flaws. Love them, hate them, who cares? We will always have the 2019 Grey Cup championship that they were both a part of, whatever credit you want to give them or not. Time to move on to new discussions. 

This is fabulous. 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Biggest issue i always had with Lapo during his time here was that he always seemed to coach not to lose as opposed to coaching to win. Never had a killer instinct and would always get ultra conservative with the smallest lead, often losing in the end.

See that’s a fair critique, however he was a great X’s and O’s Guys and did a great job getting guys involved in the offence. Now if we’re talking about being conservative I’ll go one step further. He did a great job at play calling, but as soon as we built a lead in the first half often the second half was too conservative. He did mix in a fair amount of trick plays, deep shots, and overall solid play calling, but anytime there was a lead in the fourth we were for better or for worse putting the ball in Harris’s hands. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

if you can't see how hypocritical this is then there's no saving you

7 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

And yet the one thing he did as a coordinator was win more than he lost.