Pre-Season Game 2 - Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Tuesday May 31

Rich

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the Ray trade was a rig, and I'll fight that fight till the day I die. I have absolutely zero doubts in my mind. 

I don't know if it was or wasn't, but I find it extremely hard to believe any person capable of achieving the status of GM in a pro football league would make such a trade at any time without being forced to do so. One can spin that into conspiracy theory if they want, but unless Tillman was suffering from temporary insanity I believe his had was forced by someone within or outside the organization. I'm not a huge Tillman fan, but c'mon.

the biggest thing that makes you realize it was rigged, is just how Toronto was so far in the shitter, and they were hosting the GC right away, so it was VERY CLEARLY meant to prop them up and make them "legitimate" in the eyes of a fan base that does not care. Infuriating. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Thank you. Glad things are working out for you. I have a hard time accepting that good things can happen to me. As in, I deserve it. Even though I feel at times I don't. I used to feel I wasn't good enough to be happy.

There are three things that if we start believing about ourselves, we will be in big trouble:

1.I am not good enough.

2' The world is a dangerous place

3. Its never going to get any better than this.

Maybe not as big as the Ray trade, but Pinball's generosity in trading Collaros to the Bombers on the last day of the 2019 tradeline certainly has had a huge ongoing effect pushing them up over the hump.  Without the miraculous delivery of Collaros, is O'Shea still H.C. with no cups in 7 years?  Maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Maybe not as big as the Ray trade, but Pinball's generosity in trading Collaros to the Bombers on the last day of the 2019 tradeline certainly has had a huge ongoing effect pushing them up over the hump.  Without the miraculous delivery of Collaros, is O'Shea still H.C. with no cups in 7 years?  Maybe not.

I’m not sure if the guys take less to go back to back in 2021 if there’s no 2019 cup win so I think you’re probably right, we would be looking at quite a bit domino effect of that trade is never made. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With Tillman coming off of that sexual misconduct charge in Regina with his babysitter, he got a second chance to resume his GM duties in Edmonton. Then he pulled this stunt... errr... trade sending Ray to the Argos. With his reputation shattered from his time in Regina, it's no wonder people thought this was a shady deal & money may have changed hands under the table because the trade made zero sense. Tillman was eventually fired as Edmonton's GM only to resurface in Hamilton a couple of years later as someone behind the scenes as a consultant. It was his last stop in the CFL. He's gone now. 

Not quite. 

Eric Tillman (born July 24, 1957)[1][2] is an American-born Canadian football executive who is the vice president of football operations for the Atlantic Schooners.

I wonder if that is a paying gig, if so, who's paying him?

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

No question we don't get the Cup without Zac but generosity? He got a first rounder for a pending FA who not played a snap in Toronto and who was dealing with repeated head injuries.

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m not sure if the guys take less to go back to back in 2021 if there’s no 2019 cup win so I think you’re probably right, we would be looking at quite a bit domino effect of that trade is never made. 

I think so, Nichols never recovered from his injuries, Strev. couldn't get it done, and McGuire never panned out.  If Pinball keeps Collaros the Bombers may have ended up with MBT, Arbuckle, Trevor Harris or maybe renewed their hopes signing Masoli this season. 

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

No question we don't get the Cup without Zac but generosity? He got a first rounder for a pending FA who not played a snap in Toronto and who was dealing with repeated head injuries.

Pinball was also fairly open about thinking he could re-sign Collaros as an FA in the off-season.  He wasn't being generous, he thought he was being slick.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Jyles was also suppose to be the next big thing. They saw it as getting the successor for Ricky Ray for the next ten seasons but unfortunately it didn’t quite workout. Still think he showed some flashes here in Winnipeg, that come back victory in BC was something special. 

Yeah but Jyles had already proven he wasn’t going to reach his ceiling and had two serious injuries at the end of his time here (throwing shoulder) and with Toronto when Johnny Sears cleaned his clock.

Everyone here was shocked we got the 4th overall pick in the trade for him.

46 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

John Murphy last year was generous giving us Alan Darby for a Olineman he cut a month later 

I mean part of those import for import training camp deals is always that both guys are likely cuts…meaning Toronto was likely to cut Darby.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

16 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I hear you guys. Mental health is something I’ve struggled with all my life. Even to this day it’s always an uphill battle even though I have methods of dealing with it. Two things that really changed my life around was working out and sports, particularly  my connection with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Nothing gives me more joy in life then watching a Bomber game, and as I get older I find myself on here talking with you fine people. It’s hard to find a connection to people who love this team as much as I do so I enjoy sharing my time talking about this team with you guys. 

I feel the same way, 

15 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Not quite. 

Eric Tillman (born July 24, 1957)[1][2] is an American-born Canadian football executive who is the vice president of football operations for the Atlantic Schooners.

I wonder if that is a paying gig, if so, who's paying him?

What better way to hide someone than to give him an imaginary job with an imaginary team. 

Similar analogy to Jones in deadmonton

Tho he has a splash of assbag...Dickie in sask has a sprinkling of clueless and no control ...not to mention on the sidelines he looks like a guy who should be at Footlocker selling u some shoes