Pre-Season Game 2 - Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Tuesday May 31

Rich

With a short turn around, the Bombers second preseason game to take place at IGF West.

Would expect Collaros to get the first half to nail down timing with the offence.   Last chance for this years hopefuls to make an impression and make the team.

The players need rest too. That's a quick turnaround from Friday to Tuesday. MOS was uncertain about who they would field following the game Friday. 

I'm a bit surprised that Collaros won't even see a Quarter in pre-season but he must not need it. 

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

One less trip to Regina is a nice bonus for the players too!

They just need to work their way back there in November. ;)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Interesting to see … Rene not going, yet Glass is. Dobson going but not Gray. Mancuso not even going to get a shot. 

Didn’t we cut Alfred Green

Think Mancuso probably tagged for PR while Prukop playing for his roster spot and will be cut if he doesn’t earn it.  Brown probably on roster or PR either way.

we know what we have with our starters, and no need to risk any injury...i'ts a battle for a few spots...Rotational end...6th Olineman....a DB and the dime and Adams replacement on offence....so let em all get lottsa reps....and see who jumps out of the pack.

I'm sure Rene is a lock on roster, so he gets to sit at home...same with Grey. I also wonder if Rene may be the guy who gets reps at corner, safety and the dime this yr once the season starts...with him and Ford we have some nice roster flexibility using a Canadian in a predominantly American role....May allow us this year to roster an additional Import receiver, or RB, the fact the 2 RB's can return makes it even more likely. Could allow Grant to take more of a role on offence...even if not the defacto starter, and am also looking forward to what O'Leary Orange can do....he was a draft pick I was super pumped about when drafted...

Just now, JCon said:

I might have missed the evaluation on Nick Hallett but I don't think he looked particularly good Friday night, although, the game film may show something different. 

If Thompson has another strong game, pretty sure he is a lock to start the season as the safety...and if he performs well there, and Maston is done for year...I wouldn't be shocked to see Alexander slot in at SAM if we struggle there. 

I'd like to see us tho groom Rene for that spot...prefect body type and skill set for it

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Thompson has another strong game, pretty sure he is a lock to start the season as the safety...and if he performs well there, and Maston is done for year...I wouldn't be shocked to see Alexander slot in at SAM if we struggle there. 

I'd like to see us tho groom Rene for that spot...prefect body type and skill set for it

Safety?