2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

11 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I get that BC is gonna load up the $$$ cannon for Lawler, but I think nothing shows better how BC treats their receivers like throwing Whitehead to the wolves and having him play against us with a busted up arm/hand when we played them in BC.

Sometimes actions speak louder than words (or money).

I watched an interview with Lucky recently. And that was 100% on him. Maybe the team doctors turned a bit of a blind eye....but it wasn't like they dragged him out there. He very much wanted to get back to playing.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I watched an interview with Lucky recently. And that was 100% on him. Maybe the team doctors turned a bit of a blind eye....but it wasn't like they dragged him out there. He very much wanted to get back to playing.

If that was the case I'd be questioning the coaching staff even more... in that situation, is a receiver with a busted up hand really your best chance to win the game? I get Whitehead wanting to go in - but unless they understated his injury or something - I'd be putting someone else in there. The guy has heart, no doubt - but sometimes you just have to go with the backup in my opinion.

All that said though - I stand corrected, and thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

You think he wss making up anger over being lied to on injury compensation from a mostly irrelevant franchise?

That is a very specific gripe

no I think that the franchise is drastically different than the one that lied to him. As i stated earlier new Owner, GM and coaching staff. The anger at BC this year would have been making it up considering all the people that screwed him are no longer there. 

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I get that BC is gonna load up the $$$ cannon for Lawler, but I think nothing shows better how BC treats their receivers like throwing Whitehead to the wolves and having him play against us with a busted up arm/hand when we played them in BC.

Sometimes actions speak louder than words (or money).

Money is everything. He can't turn a deal down like that.

8 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

If he can get BA Darby Bailey and Stove done man that would be amazing off-season

Truth. Nichols would also be great to get back. Little on it he can manage to add to the team. 

7 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Bombers need to tell Lawler the Ernest Jackson story.

Qft

6 hours ago, Nolby said:

Yes I'll take Ernest Jackson please thank you

That guy could play.  

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Truth. Nichols would also be great to get back. Little on it he can manage to add to the team. 

Qft

That guy could play.  

But he signed for big money with Montreal and it ruined his career. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Money is everything. He can't turn a deal down like that.

I think you are right but players routinely take less money to be a much better situation. Like Couture for example. 

11 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

If he can get BA Darby Bailey and Stove done man that would be amazing off-season

I don't see Andrew Harris on this list.  I don't think Stove is a priority because they have a adequate replacement on the cheap.

28 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

What happened to Roosevelt? Guy didn’t see a single snap with the Bombers. I figured they would have had him in a few games near the end of the season. I know he was released but any chance he gets picked up this year by anyone? Looking at you Elks….

Don't think so. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

And then all of a sudden....he couldnt

Not soo much that he couldn't but he took cash to put him self in a bad position. 

It's harder to succeed at wr with out support than most positions. 

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I don't think Stove is a priority because they have a adequate replacement on the cheap.

I would still love to have him back. He was so good in the middle. I thought our whole defense suffered a noticeable drop off when he was out injured. They were still great but he made them that much better.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I will die on the hill that his 1997 season is the best in CFL history when you consider the lack of talent around him.

We talk about how good his MVP season was in 02 but he averaged 23 yards per reception for over 1100 yards and 17 touchdowns in 2005 with guys like Tee Martin at QB. He had 53 catches that season with 17 touchdown meaning essentially every third catch was guaranteed taking it to the house.