Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

been trying to tell you people...safety is easy to fill especially if you have an athletic guy to play it in the traditional way...which we should be doing with the linebacking crew we have. So Jones..Conteh...heck even Hect can man that position adequately with no drop off and you wont even notice Loffler is gone...and really..I'd offer Adeleke 130k hard money in free agency to lure him here...solves safety and a returner option...much better value and probably more impactfull player over course of the year

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

Me thinks that Loffler is waaaayyyy over valuing himself...upwards of 200k for an extension??...see ya bud...money better spent elsewhere and safety isn't where you spend it...whoever pays that is nuts

I guarantee you...if he is gone....you won't even know it or miss him...too many people here are way too enamored with his big hits a few years ago and look past a lot of his deficiencies..such as can't cover, or run with a receiver at all....always late to breaking up a pass as the deep safety...sure he lays a lick on a guy occasionally but who cares when they made the catch anyway..

I agree- that much money could be spent better. 

WOn't lie, I will miss those big hits- but we could use a better coverman back there.

Seriously going to miss stuff like this though:

GiantDismalIncatern-size_restricted.gif

35 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

With projected 1 RB, 3 Nat OL & 2 Nat Receiver we only need 1 NAT on the D side to be a starter. 

Ideally, we have to sign Loffler back but if his $$$ doesnt make sense then we have to find another Nat starter somewhere. 

How much is Singleton making? I would spend that cash and make up the difference to have him on. 

Singleton and Bihill... would that work?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

I think Hodge's "sources" are sitting back having a good chuckle over how gullible he is right now. No safety in our league past or present is worth 200k per. It's just an unrealistic number and to me sounds completely fabricated.

Let's not forget that this is the same guy whose 'sources" told him we were going to fire Richie Hall last offseason, that we would not re-sign Stanley Bryant, that we were hot and heavy after Bakari Grant and JC Sherritt last year, among other whoppers. He is a high school teacher in Neepawa with a blog and a penchant for making stuff up. Nothing more.

Edited by gcn11

200k for Loffler? A safety who is known more for 2 big hits? Really? Hope he gets his 200k but hope the bombers aren't stupid enough to give it to him. For a guy who isnt good at actually covering ppl.. 200k seems ridiculous. 

In reality you could likely find a cheaper safety who might not get the press clippings but does his job better. 

200 k ? For a safety? Who isnt even that great? Top of the safety field? I disagree... I think ppl tend to remember the 1 or 2 big hits but forget the fact.. It was still a 40 yard completed pass. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Me thinks that Loffler is waaaayyyy over valuing himself...upwards of 200k for an extension??...see ya bud...money better spent elsewhere and safety isn't where you spend it...whoever pays that is nuts

I guarantee you...if he is gone....you won't even know it or miss him...too many people here are way too enamored with his big hits a few years ago and look past a lot of his deficiencies..such as can't cover, or run with a receiver at all....always late to breaking up a pass as the deep safety...sure he lays a lick on a guy occasionally but who cares when they made the catch anyway..

Just tells you how weak the safety position in the West is when he made all star. I was like, what?

I used to have Westerman as my profile pic but he left. 

I switched it up to Loffler. 

Provided the Bombers walk Loffler, are there any Nationals that MBB would like me to put in my profile pic next year? Someone we're not particularly fond of for the money?  

Edited by JCon
Spelling is hard

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I used to have Westerman as my profile pic but he left. 

I switched it up to Loffler. 

Provided the Bombers walk Loffler, are their any Nationals that MBB would like me to put in my profile pic next year? Someone we're not particularly fond of for the money?  

Just don't use Harris.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

been trying to tell you people...safety is easy to fill especially if you have an athletic guy to play it in the traditional way...which we should be doing with the linebacking crew we have. So Jones..Conteh...heck even Hect can man that position adequately with no drop off and you wont even notice Loffler is gone...and really..I'd offer Adeleke 130k hard money in free agency to lure him here...solves safety and a returner option...much better value and probably more impactfull player over course of the year

Hecht is the "Sam Hurl" of options.

Although I luv'd Lofflers play when he first arrived, I have to say his recent play is lacking...No more big hits and he's caught out of position too often...200 K ...if that's his ask and I were Walters I would pass...I don't know if this rumored  figure is correct but if it is and he' sticks to it.....see ya later

10 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I thought Hecht was more than adequate when he filled in last season. Guy made a couple big plays in limited playing time and I don't remember him hopping over the pile after the play Hurl-style... we could do worse.

I thought that was more along the lines of constantly being in the chase position after being caught flat footed, followed by running up to the pile after the ball carrier was tackled by a DB and placing your hand on the downed man?